NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

neomichel

NCIS Fan Reviews (1190)

• NCIS needs a change-FAST!

I am assuming that Ziva is gone; though, she recently said in an interview about her upcoming "Dovekeepers," "It is up to them (meaning, Ziva's return was in CBS hands). I don't know if that is the truth, but I do know something needs to be done with this show.

I have faithfully watched . for 11 years - not missing an episode. Not so this season. I can hardly take what they have done to this show. Without Ziva to play off of, Tony is blah; McGee has always been a non-factor; Abby has become silly; Vance an irritation (even Jenny was better than this pain in the rear); Gibbs is totally predictable; and Bishop (OMG) is a ten year old sitting on the floor eating junk food) -CBS, you replace Ziva with a cardboard cutout!

These brilliant minds have gotten rid of almost all the INTERESTING ... EJ... This show no longer has a spark. It needs to get one quick.
  • Sucks without Ziva!

Show used to be great. But CBS had to screw it up. First, they hired an incompetent show runner. Once GG was fully at the helm, the show's quality started to go down. But it was still okay, especially because we had great scenes between CDP and MW. Then CBS decided to play lowball with regard to Cote DePablo's contract and were surprised when she stood up to them and refused to accept the horrid offer. Instead of giving her a decent send off, they gave her the least amount of screen time as possible with a very poor exit. And then, instead of appeasing the great many fans that missed her, they instead angered them by first pretending the character didn't exist and then making it seem like her character totally abandoned her "family". The show got extremely boring once Cote was gone. But then CBS made a bad situation worse and hired an incompetent actress to play a crappy character and refuse to get rid of her despite the fact that the majority of fans do not like her and want her gone! CBS needs to wake up and admit they screwed up by letting Cote go and hiring the horrid EW. Fans want the show they fell in love with, not GG's new NCIS. Ditch EW and GG and get CDP back before you lose the long term fans permanently!
  • Still a very good show!

I have watched every single episode of this show. I like every episode. I was so shocked when they killed off Kate. Took me a while to warm up to Ziva but I liked her and was sad to see her leave. I was alo glad to see her leave because of the Tiva thing. It was taking up too much of the show.

I liked Bishop sraight away. She was very different and I love the relasionship she has with Tony and McGee. She looks up to them and is eager to learn. I think she'll make a great agent after a while. Just remember how hopeless McGee was in the beginning.

The problem now is that no matter waht Bishop does, the haters complain. If she is smart she is "a know it all" and it is "not beliveable". If the screws up, "Gibbs should fire her". She can't win.

Every character has changed a lot since the beginning. Gibbs was more fun in the first seasons, Abby was cooler and not so childish. Tony is more or less the same. Funloving but I have never dobted his skills as an agent. I would like to see Tony featured more and McGee a little less.

I still love this show after nearly 12 seasons.
  • Blond needs to go and quick

I know Ziva is not coming back but the writers need to have her grow a set of balls and man up or kill her off and quick. I have watched this show for 12 years and have never been disappointed but I certainly am now. Please kill her off and move on.
  • Show going downhill fast

Show was already suffering after GG took over due to his incompetence. Got very boring once Cote left and unwatchable once Emily W. joined the cast. Please give Cote what she wants to come back and get rid of Emily W. AND GG!
  • GET RID OF HER

Bishop is winey, cares what your issues are !!!!!

Bring back the show that always caught my attention that I watch over and over and over again. Even now if there is a repeat with Bishop I d not watch !!!!

We want the NCIS we know and love.

DD

I know I keep on saying the same thing but I cannot stand it. The show is off kilter. It is torture to watch it.

DD

Not sure how much we have to beg to get this girl off the show. I am definitely losing interest. I do not run home to watch the show anymore. I do not even watch it on the DVR right away. I do not have interest.

Please revamp my formerly favorite show.

DeeDee

Get that blonde of the show. She does not add anything to this series. As others have said the entire chemistry is gone even with the regulars. If they keep her on it will be their Achilles Heel and end the show.

D

Get rid of Bishop and bring back the NCIS that I am addicted to. I do not even watch the new shows for weeks later. It is embarrassing to watch the show now. I know every episode and have been through all the changes that worked successfully right from the start. Bishop does not work.

What martians came down and took the Gibbs we know and love? The one that would not accept this Bishop on his team.

Does the cast really want the show to fail? Have they decided being #1 for so long is over?

Get her off the floor and off the show !!!!!!
  • Emily Wickersham/Ellie Bishop MUST GO!!!

Please get rid of Emily Wickersham on NCIS! Her character adds no Spark to the a matter of fact Ellie Bishop is boring! But it isnt just that the "character, Ellie" is boring and adds no spark to the rest of the NCIS also because, jPleaser get rid of Emily Wickersham on NCIS! Her character adds no Spark to the a matter of fact Ellie Bishop is boring! But it isnt just that the "character, Ellie" is boring and adds no spark to the rest of the NCIS also because, just cant act!

I heard that CBS admitted that it was they who let Ziva go because they refused to work something out with the Much-In-Demand & tremendously loved Actress(Obviously she needed some personal time away)! So, CBS, let me get this let a great actress, who added such spark to our NCIS family-Gibbs, Dinozo, Mcgee, Ziva, lets mot forget Director Vance & our mefical examiners, Doc & Palmer !

So, CBS, let me get this let a great actress, who added such spark to our NCIS family-Gibbs, Dinozo, Mcgee, Ziva, Abby, Director lets not forget our mefical examiners, Ducky & Palmer-get awy only to hire a wesk link to join the team???

if you're too stubborn to work out a deal with Ziva and never hire Cot De Pablo back-HUGE Mistake!-PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE find another strong actress who brings back our spark(Ziva is a tough act to follow, she'd have to be beautiful); and, more importantly get rid of Bishop!!!

Also, a note to is with those awful black eyebrows and your yellow hair???
  • Bring ziva or Kate back anything

Totally agree a fake blonde that can't act has ruined this show I love all the characters but this bimbo blonde crap has totally ruined it
  • BISHOP NEEDS TO GO....

NCIS is not the same without Ziva! The chemistry worked with her, now it seems of! Maybe someone else will work but Bishop playing cutesy doesn't work for the show. Please bring Ziva back!!!
  • WHATS GOING ON???

The best relatable storylines with interactions between Israel, Hamas, Al Qaeda and Homeland Security had to be squelched because Cote left the show??? Now we're left with boring mundane episodes that don't relate to currant events!!! Has the administration pressured Hollywood regarding NCIS storylines. It is peculiar that a script that made this program so interesting and popular suddenly takes a 180*.

And to make matters worse instead of the writers growing the characters that are already on the show they hire a bimbo and put her in a character named "Bishop" that sits on the floor like a dog to go through papers (because that's what she does best, says Gibbs!!!). She really doesn't fit in with that group. Acts and looks like she is 20 years their junior. No experience and no special talents. At least make her character interesting. We don't need another McGee on the show.

All the characters are disconnected with one another and with the audience. The writers haven't made us care about any of the characters this season. It's like watching people go to work everyday. You have to make the audience care about the characters and it hasn't happened this year!!!

Now they killed off another strong female character: Diane (Melinda McGraw).

Extremely disappointing. Won't be buying Season 12 on DVD.

• NCIS

I just watched Tuesdays show, and I thought it was brilliant. I really think the writers are running out of ideas... I mean, they have been doing the show for 12 years!! I really do miss ziva and I hope she returns. I thought that ziva and tony's relationship was going somewhere! The writers should give Mcgee some spotlight, as I do love his character. I hope Bishop is off the show her character doesn't fit in!! The ratings have gone down since ziva has left.... But it was her choice to leave the show... I hope Cote does return and I hope her character does get involved again. Sorry but Bishop isn't the right fit; nothing against Emily! I hope the NCIS cast get still ,make the show great without ziva as they have for seasons 1 and 2... I think they are doing fine!
  • BISHOP NEEDS TO GO

4.5
    Please bring in a different character - like another STRONG female like Kate and Ziva. How about bringing Borin in as a regular and she went thru the NCIS training she mentioned in the New Orleans episode and now she is joining and taking over for Bishop who leaves cuz she is preggers
  • Nothing wrong with the Bishop character except....

The role of Bishop would be just fine if the network had hired a reasonable actress, and our family can only hope it happen for next season. Emily Wickersham has no real acting ability for this type of role. We have given it from the introduction of the character and up to the entire season so far, and it's not working. In fact nobody we talk to likes this woman or has anything positive to say other than to say she seems like a terrific lady. Sadly, nice terrific person doesn't fulfill the job requirements as far as being a prime time actress goes, so it's time for NCIS to make a change and hire a good actress that can solidly portray a strong and convincing probie agent character!

Many people talk about how the chemistry is lacking and the show has lost its spark. Unfortunately, it just goes to show one bad actor can bring the show down to a large extent. The lack of a convincing actor is part of the reason there's no real chemistry with the rest of the cast, and why her character is such a disappointing distraction. We've watched all the episodes, and this woman's interpretation of the role is someone who reads the lines of the script and makes a couple of faces. We definitely KNOW she's acting whereas a good actress could truly get into her role and make us believe in her character. Also, sometimes you can't even understand Emily's soft spoken rapid and garbled speech. Can we say closed caption? We are in our 30s and hear just fine, so this point is pathetic.

We get she's cute, and she sure shows us often by posting her Twitter and Instagram selfies. We think instead of showing us how cute and pretty she thinks she is by posting constant photos of herself, maybe the time would be better spent taking a class on acting?!

As far as we are concerned, Cote who??? This isn't about Ziva, and we could care less about that character at this point. We are positive about the Bishop character, but PLEASE NCIS... Remove Emily Wickersham and hire a GOOD solid actress for season 13!!
  • What were TPTB thinking!

I loved seasons 3-10, mostly because the character of Ziva intrigued me. The show without her just plain stinks! It was quite obvious Cote had no intention of leaving just yet, so I can only conclude she needed time off or just fewer working hours to deal with a personal issue and TPTB said no way! I can bet if one of her male colleagues wanted what she did, he would have gotten it (CBS is known to treat male actors better than female ones-look at the Criminal Minds debacle when 2 female actors were fired to save money to fund the soon to be flopped spinoff even though at least one male costar had less seniority on the show). CBS wake up! Give Cote what she wants and get her back ASAP! I will no longer watch now that her character has gone and many of my friends no longer watch for the same reason. I suspect that even fewer will watch once Ziva's replacement starts, since GG is noted for creating characters fans loathe! Update: I was right-Bishop stinks. Why do TPTB insist on keeping a character (and having her front and center) that the majority (87%) of fans hate? Its almost as if they are trying to sink the show!

Why won't TPTB listen to the fans?! The fans have stated over and over again that they want EW (Bishop) gone and yet the horrible actress is STILL there. And fans are still asking CBS to get Cote back. CBS needs to grow up, stop acting like a spoiled child and man up to the fact they screwed up playing hardball with Cote's contract (which they finally admitted after months of fan protests) and for hiring a talentless actress to replace her. Unless they rid themselves of the horrid Bishop character and get CDP back (giving her whatever she wants), the show won't last much longer! Hey, CBS, fans are what generates money and the fans are leaving left and right!

For those who want CBS to know how they feel, you can leave feedback for CBS shows on the CBS feedback page. I believe some addresses to write to can be found on the operationbringbackcote Facebook page, but you may have to search to find them. Of course, the best way to show you aren't happy with the new NCIS is to stop watching.

Update: Why won't CBS do what the fans want!? Do they WANT the show to fail!? Fans have stated over and over again they want Cote back and Emily W. gone. Yet the incompetent Emily W. is still there and TPTB haven't even approached Cote about coming back (which she said she would consider if CBS made a decent offer). Bring back Cote and ditch Emily W.. And while you are at it, ditch the incompetent, canon destroying, lying GG as well!
  • Shows are going VERY stale...

Not sure if you guys can right this ship at this point. Viewers wonder why all the better series ride off into the sunset, well the answer is they make a conscious decision to cancel themselves BEFORE they start to loose their edge, in my opinion the writing has gone very stale. My wife and I can usually pick the guilty ones within the first 10 minutes, another pet peeve is when they leave huge holes in the storyline just to bang the show out within the 43 minutes that they have. Very poor compared to 2 or 3 years back.
  • The Ellie Bishop character needs to GO

I have been a happy, loyal fan of NCIS since it aired. I was sad when Kate was killed I was devastated when Ziva left. I had an open mind for Ellie Bishop for several shows but the show is just not the same for me. It is flat, the ZING is gone. The show didn't need another QUIRKY character. The Bishop character is boooor-ing and to make matters worse, she's married, Tony has no one to flirt with! My opinions are strictly regarding the Bishop character, not Emily Wickersham.
  • NCIS needs someone like Kate and Ziva

I do not like Bishop. I think there can be a better choice. It doesn't flow.
  • Please Fix the show!

With the departure of the character, Ziva, the show has lost its edgy, smart, and clever story lines. The great chemistry between the 'family' characters has been changed for being now 'uninteresting' and I find myself not interested in watching. Now the 'Bishop' character (not the actress) is not at all working. Sure it will do. But not the over the top that we as fans are use to seeing each week. Please ask Cote if she'll reconsider! That's a huge part of the group dynamics missing.
  • ncis sucks now

Ziva really made the show. Nor to mention she really is better looking then bishop. Not necessarily outer looks, her character was full and colorful. Bishop brings more high school drama. All good shows ends and I think this is the beginning
  • Glimmer of Hope

Well, well, well. On NCIS New Orleans last night Abbie Bourne mentioned that with a few weeks of training she could join NCIS. Pride asked her if she would go to Washington to work with Gibbs. Possible? I surely hope so. Maybe the Twit will go on the Weather Channel.
  • The down graded NCIS

For almost 10 seasons, NCIS has been an outstanding drama series with trials and tribulations. And for the entire run their as been a cohesion unmatched in few other shows. The mixture of Jenny and Gibbs and the occasional flash backs. The unexpected appearances of Franks usually meant "Probe Gibbs" was in for it. Then their was Kate inserting her mild but some time stinging rebuffs to Denozzo's ramblings. After Kate's departure, Ziva took of the gauntlet, defending her spaces from all comers. Unfortunately, after season 11 week 2, Ziva departed, leaving a giant void that to present has not and probably will never be fill. Bishops character is totally opposite to ANY of the predecessors. She can handle the floor because that appears to be where she spends most of her time. Her soft presentation does nothing for the scenes she is in. And her inputs seems after thoughts from the writers and producers. To top it off, I don't think the introduction of a husband will do nothing to improve the character. Since week 2, Gibbs character has changed too. Gone is the Marine who took on any task and led the team through hell and high water. Now it seems he is coddling to the newbie, not wanting to treat her like Kate and Ziva were treated. Harsh at time but father like at other times. Dinozzo seems lost, not knowing how to approach Bishop. McGee has lost his mojo at time, wondering what Bishop will say or not say. Palmers character has turned into a hen pecked husband, jumping every time the wife calls. Dr. Mallard and Abby seem to be the only characters that have maintained the styles that we have grown to enjoy for 10+ years. I realize, all these character are just character. But the new mix is not working. Could you see Bishop in Afghanistan shooting it out with the rebels? Don't think so. Could you see Bishop and Dinozzo locked up in a container full of money, shooting it out with the bad guys? Don't think so. The Bishop character may have been a good and needed fix to replace Ziva, BUT THE SELECTION OF WICKERSHAM was a mistake and the direction what production team is sending the character is doing nothing for the show. In fact, it is killing the show. I have 10.2 seasons of reruns and then it will stop. Foot Note: My wife always watches NCIS with me. But, tonight, was the first time she got up and started clean the house. That is how far the show has fallen.
  • Coco

Rating would have been a lot higher but.

Please please get rid of that bumbling idiot palmer. I have been watching the show since the start and it's now getting to the point where I am close to stopping watching all because of that fool Palmer. I'm sick of all this Palmers baby crap.

I can't be the only one, please.
  • Bishop on NCIS

I believe bishop wont be on the Gibbs team for long. By what ive seen i reckon Abby bourne from CGIS will replace her due to her conversation with Gibbs in his basement and her few cheeky answers to Dinozzo plus she would fit way better
  • A whole year's wait - then disappointment!

It is bad enough that we in the UK are made to wait a whole year while this show is aired in the US. My wife and I have now seen the first three episodes of season 12 on Sky and have had no difficulty in containing our excitement. Having read many US viewers' comments it doesn't seem likely we will be any more impressed by the remaining episodes. The Bishop character was initially aloof and with almost no personality. It was like having two McGees and that was one too many. The writers have seen that and now her academic side is (so far) being downplayed. She is an oddball who doesn't fit in and doesn't make friends. Also she is still too cold and wooden to be likeable, and that makes her irritating. The dyed blonde hair with brown eyes does not help (wife hates that). Sorry but she has to go.

The CGIS lady (the other Abby) is (we think) waiting in the wings and she should be recruited as soon as possible. She is warm, friendly and funny - everything Bishop is not.

Generally the show is becoming boring with far too much office intrigue and too little outside action and excitement. Budget cuts maybe?

Right now we prefer Murdoch (Canadian) or The Blake Mysteries (Australian).

I hope the writers and director take heed of the poor reviews and bring the next series back up to par.
  • Why is the idiot blonde still there?

The more Bishop is "developed". the clearer it becomes how shallow, useless, and stupid she is, What a downgrade.
  • The Abby Clone

What do you get when you cross Abby with a blond? A dud. There is not enough Caf Pow to keep me awake though these new episodes. The next time the "little cutie" sits cross legs on the desk, I leave the show forever.
  • Hoopie

Dislike Ziva's replacement! Bring Ziva back quickly!
  • Who are you kidding?

Just viewed episode three of the latest NCIS.

Whoever was trying to portray a British Railway Station in the 1960's - or at any time isn't worthy of working in the film or TV industry. We didn't have signs as shown, we didn't have glass swing doors opening onto the streets, we didn't have seating as portrayed, we certainly didn't have ticket booths of the type used in this episode. It was shoddy and Mark Hammond should be disgusted that it was allowed to be aired. If you are going set something in a foreign location you could at least check out what Victoria Station looked like - that is where the boat trains left from.
  • NCIS and Bishop

I have watched NCIS since the very first show, the cast is the best and I understand why it has been on the air so long. The writing is wonderful. Unfortunatalty since Bishop has taken over for Ziva the show is not as interesting. Kate and Zivas characters were both exciting and flirtatious. It kept the chemistry going sbetween Tony and the women. Now it's not fun you either have to change something and make excitement in Bishop or your show will lose many fans. Please get Ziva back. I would make an offer she couldn't refuse. I love Mark Harmon and have been a long time fan of his and his cast. What a class act that drives the show also to where it is. You never hear Any dirt on any of these awesome stars. Good for them stay out of the Hollywood light. Great writing just get Ziva back!,,,,PLEASE
  • She's a keeper

I thought I'd never like anyone else after Ziva, but Bishop is so cool! I love her!!
CBS