NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

neomichel

NCIS Fan Reviews (1207)

• Please Fix the show!

With the departure of the character, Ziva, the show has lost its edgy, smart, and clever story lines. The great chemistry between the 'family' characters has been changed for being now 'uninteresting' and I find myself not interested in watching. Now the 'Bishop' character (not the actress) is not at all working. Sure it will do. But not the over the top that we as fans are use to seeing each week. Please ask Cote if she'll reconsider! That's a huge part of the group dynamics missing.
  • NCIS: Bishop, the early episodes.

REVIEW FOR 4/28/2015 EPISODE: EPISODE: Troll. A navy woman is murdered and the team can't find out what she is doing. Come to find Bishop's husband, working for the TSA, in involved in this case. In a chase, we see Bishop with a gun stopping the runner. Now picture Ziva or Kate in the same situation. Doing the stop instead of acting like you are doing the stop. Side notes. For 2 years, the producers have tried to portray Bishop as a dependable agent. Someone you could depend on. So far, they have failed. This is part 1 of 2 parts. REVIEW FOR 4/14/2015 EPISODE: EPISODE: Lost in Translation. Some people can play shake spear, some people can't. Some people can play NCIS female agents and be realistic, some people can't. There have been 2 people who did play female agents with realism: Cote de Pablo as Ziva and Sasha Alexander as Kate. Some people can't: Emily Wickersham as Bishop. This episode tried and failed to present Bishop as a tuff agent who could be depended on in a crisis situation. Afghanistan: Saving a captured Marine. The only truth in this episode was Bishop stating she was an analyst, not an agent. Even the scene where we had a shootout, her actions were vague at best. THE TRUTH BE KNOWN, THE PRODUCERS MADE A LARGE MISTAKE CASTING BISHOP'S CHARACTER AND NOW THEY DON'T HAVE THE BACK BONES TO CORRECT THE SITUATION. Just keep forcing Bishop on the viewers. REVIEW FOR 4/7/2015 EPISODE: EPISODE" No Good Deeds. The key high lights were the interaction between Tony and his dad. Took up 20% of the show. Just shows how the real action is dying in the show. Some people are really getting over paid with low grade production. REVIEW FOR 3/31/2015 EPISODE: EPISODE: Patience. Missed the first 5 minutes. Didn't miss anything especially Bishop. Very soft episode with little chat chat, Bishop smart mouth and the 3 member crew going through their duties with no real enthusiasm. It is getting hard to follow these episodes with all the interplay with new dad, girl friend and very little action. Thank god for re-runs on USA network. REVIEW FOR 3/24/2015 EPISODE: EPISODE: Status Upgrade. NOTE: Viewers need Jimmy to grow up and do, in theory, what he is getting paid for. If you wanted a child on the show, you now have one with this new father's giggles and dada's. Either grow up or get another job. NOTE: The Show will continue to be a soft production as long as the Bishop character is in the episodes. One key way to bring the show back to where it should be is to move Agent Brody from NCIS New Orleans to the big city. The heart of this episode was the childish like comments by Dinozzo and Bishop. And then, when there was real NCIS action, guess who slumbered over and picked up the suspects gun. And she didn't even have to flop on the floor to do it. Other than that, this episode did nothing to keep me interested. REVIEW FOR 3/10/2015 EPISODE: EPISODE: The Artful Dodger. This series involves Tony's dad, a painting and a mystery. The murder of a naval officer in his boss's office is never explained. The down hearted father and his relationship add confusion to the case. The useless motions of Bishop seem to be the only constant in the episode. The conclusions are that the painting had a bug planted in it months ago by a mysterious Arab group and they wanted it bake. Tony's dad lost is betrothed and lost his way. The one key downer was the idiotic actions of Jimmy. We know he is a new father, but grow up. You have a job and a wife to be the mother. Overall, this episode is rated a 5 at best. REVIEW FOR 2/24/2015 EPISODE: EPISODE: Blast From The Past. Starts with McGee in his smart phone kick. Trying to upgrade Gibbs. We know that won't work. Then their McGee and Bishop in the field checking out a cabin. For Bishop, it's all babble, babble and more babble. Then the marriage foot note. Who cares? Their are 2 key points about this season's NCIS episodes. They have become real soft when it comes to the theme of each episode. The actions are subdued and rarely involve Bishop. And for a good reason, her character is soft and doesn't display what we are used to. The Bishop character is more like a 18 year girl and an adult would. She speaks but contributes little to the mission of the team. The last 2 seasons of NCIS have really decayed the previous 10 seasons. Maybe the producers are moving the series toward retirement. Thank god USA network carries many of the old re-runs. Now their you can see the real NCIS teams. REVIEW FOR 12/16/2014 EPISODE: Yah 4 Ziva and 1 Kate sightings. Boo A Bishop sighting. Boo Boo - More Bishop Sightings. The show was all about Gibbs rules as told by Tim. The key point was Rile 45, someone to save you. In the real world of TV's NCIS, there are only agents to trust with Rule 45. Yes 3. Gibbs, Tony and Tim. Overall show rating "B-"brought down with Bishop, but back up with Ziva and Kate. It is apparent that producers don't care about the quality of NCIS any more. Just the $$$. And, one certain character is certainly over paid! REVIEW FOR 11/25/2014 EPISODE: We start with the first view of Bishop's husband. He does nothing for the show. Both he and Bishop are alike. Trying to be tooooo lovey dovey. Then we are off to the snowed in airport, which means Tony will be on his own if a problem comes up. Too much Bishop/husband play on I tell you what I do, in theory, and you tell me nothing. The episode involves a dead man and the who done it search. Viewers should not be fooled with Bishops expertise around the dead man. Then came the big scene when the bad man is cornered and shot. Notice Bishops pose, but, again Tony is taking the action and the bad man down. Then what happens. Bishop and husband are off on vacation. Hopefully, she will stay there. Another proof that a 3 person NCIS team is better than a 3 person NCIS team with Bishop. REVIEW FOR 11/18/2014 EPISODE: The show scenes appear to be moving back to the ones presented in past seasons prior to last season. Good action with realistic emotions and sense of duty. But, when Bishop's character is present, the scenes revert to soft child like mellow drama. Bishop is getting nosy, butting into personal lives to should concern her. The relationship Abby now has is no concern of Bishop. And, bringing the married aspect into her sphere does nothing to improve her scheme in the series. One only has to remember an episode a couple seasons ago when Giggs, Ziva and a pregnant Marine were stranded is a closed service station with several bad characters after them. Ziva held them off, defending Giggs while the baby was delivered. NO WAY COULD BISHOPS CHARACTER DO THE DEFENDINT. NO WAY. REVIEW FOR 10/28/2014 EPISODE: The telecast lasted almost 58 minutes of which 32 minutes plus was quality NCIS actions expected by fans. Then their was 14 minutes plus commercials and 11minutes plus of dead time. Their was one point during the dead time when Bishop tried to kick in a door with NO success until she was reminded she had the hotel key card in her back pocket. A failed attempt to present her as a vital member of the team. "B" for effort, "E" for execution. I guess the producer had to bring in some comic relief.
  • Kill off Bishop

I have stopped watching the show, so thank you for the updates. If Bishop has been kidnapped, apparently now is the chance to kill off the character! I would to watch again next season.
  • You know there is trouble when the ratings go UP for NCIS LA when it follows NCIS....

Sometimes it's better to just say goodbye. There is no sizzle in NCIS right now- a lot of stale plots, not much in the way of interesting guests (not counting Robert Wagner, of course- but even this last appearance was a bit of a let down), and too many bland or one-note characters. The lead characters have all stagnated- and yes, that includes DiNozzo- nobody is buying this reformed stuff (note the patronizing way he talks to Zoe, and her placid acceptance of it). The resident straightman, McGee, has nothing to play off, and the addition of a second straightman (Bishop) only accentuates that. There is very little spark left in most of the characters. I suspect this comes down to the showrunner and writers. In the last episode Gibbs says to Bishop 'you're better than that'. Sadly, I don't think he is right- and it goes for the show as well.
  • Bishop

NCIS was once must-see TV. Now I still watch but if I miss an episode, so what, at least I missed Bishop.
  • The New beginning of NCIS

Sadly Bishop, her hubby and Jimmy were taken hostage. No one knows and maybe never know where they are. Another great episode is the resignation of Bishop, and that Jimmy is a traitor and has disappeared back to his homeland. Better yet, Bishop is the true traitor and Jimmy is shot, in a coma, trying to expose Bishop. Hopefully someone will catch on how terrible the characters of Bishop and Jimmy are. Jimmy is irritating and Bishop dull and drab. Take 2 Bishop at night and you will sleep, take 2 Jimmys,( wait don't punish yourself you get the picture. We need Ziva or someone like Kate to life back into the show. Let's fix the problems..
  • ncis how long will it last?

This is my favorite show. It has been so long, but I still love it. In fact, it is getting better (my opinion, I know). I guess it continues forever (sorry, that is another show that I love). I am a guy so I guess I should say I really like the show instead of 'love' since that is a 'girl' thing? Am I wrong?
  • No Bishop

I do not enjoy watching Bishop on the show. I think the chemistry between the actors and characters is no longer there. I would have preferred that they didn't add Bishop to the show. It would have been better. I have been watching this show since it spin off JAG. Now I don't want to watch it anymore... I liked Kate and Ziva but I do not like Bishop. Bishop doesn't fit in. I'm sorry but this character doesn't do it

• They should have stopped NCIS

at the end of Season 10. Now they give us a girl sitting on the floor and can't fire a gun, a terrible love interest, and have altered many of the main characters. Haters of NCIS: New Orleans can sin on the floor with Bishop. I have not seen any other TV show where a Federal Agent sits on the freaking floor!
  • has it govt sponsorship?

2.5
    the shows reeks cheap patriotism!! am i the only one to feel it?

i dont know if Gibbs would woohaa his army in real life ;)
  • Season 6 was the last really great season

Season 6 was the last really great 'season' in my personal opinion. When I re-watch my S6 DVD, the mysteries still seem fresh and new each and every time I view them. I don't know what on earth happened with Season 7 and onward, it just got flat out horrid . I stopped watching after S7 Ep2 Reunion, tried again for a few episodes during S8 and then again during S10. I hated that they killed off Mike Franks- I liked him. Laura Macy, too. Don't get me wrong, I adore NCIS Los Angeles but NCIS has been off- for both a few seasons now and my TV screen.
  • I should not listen to this?

Disappointed in last show! There has always been a charge that hollywierd is influenced by government operatives. And now,,,,,,,,, where is the morality or legality of bombing foreigners in foreign countries without trial or declared war? By whose authority could the state department choose to kill someone in Colombia, a sovereign nation? We are asked to become accustomed to this un American, immorality displayed on our TV screens and not question it? Yes,,, I realize that it is only TV,,, it is still dangerous president.
  • Tell me again how Bishop adds to the team?

1.5
    Hit/tied/came close to series low last year, came close again this week. will definitely be below 2.0 this year. Bishop/writing/stories/acting all going to crap this year
  • BISHOP?? What were they thinking??

I have read all through the posts below and I totally agree with all the comments made about the fall of NCIS this season.

What were they thinking when they chose Emily Wickersham to join NCIS, as Ellie Bishop???

I have watched this show since the first episode, and even enjoy watching them again in the reruns. I have tried watching a few times this season but no more.... I QUIT! I just can't stand to watch an hour of the dizzy blonde stumbling through the show, with her stupid looks, dead personality and once again proving she has no talent. Emily Wickersham, as Ellie Bishop, needs to be fired. She has ruined the show, destroyed the previously top ratings, and is a total embarrassment to all concerned.
  • NCIS I agree with last post the show needs Ziva back

I have faithfully watched the first 11 seasons but now I won't watch another episode until the character Bishop is gone ! The show needs Ziva back quick ! I can't and won't sit through another episode with the blonde ding bat Bishop I'm sure the rating have to be down no matter what they say . I just deleted the entire season 12 that I had stored on my dvr to watch later I have no desire to watch any longer Were as before I couldn't wait for the next episode .
  • NCIS needs a change-FAST!

I am assuming that Ziva is gone; though, she recently said in an interview about her upcoming " Dovekeepers," "It is up to them" (meaning, Ziva's return was in CBS hands). I don't know if that is the truth, but I do know something needs to be done with this show.

I have faithfully watched for 11 years - not missing an episode. Not so this season. I can hardly take what they have done to this show. Without Ziva to play off of, Tony is blah; McGee has always been a non-factor; Abby has become silly; Vance an irritation (even Jenny was better than this pain in the rear); Gibbs is totally predictable; and Bishop (OMG) is a ten year old sitting on the floor eating junk food. CBS, you replaced Ziva with a cardboard cutout!

These brilliant minds have gotten rid of almost all the INTERESTING ... Jenney... Ziva....... This show no longer has a spark. It needs to get one quick.
  • NCIS: Bishop character

I'm a new viewer to NCIS, having purchased seasons 1-10 in order to 'catch up' on all the hype of this amazing show. It was a wild ride full of crazy, intriguing characters, intelligent and witty conversations, provocative, action and adventure... the whole package wrapped up with the incredible talented cast of actors. Each episode was an incredible way of escape from the mundane issues of 'life'.... drawing you into their world of excitement and humour for the short hour that it plays.

Unfortunately, the introduction of the Bishop character has run the exciting roller coaster off the cliff. The flow of the entire cast and story line(s) has completely changed.... and not in a complimentary or fascinating direction. The talented actors must feel the strain of the situation as it shows in their latest body of work. Having recently watched the series (not a faithful viewer over 10 years!)... the episodes with Bishop feels like a different show all together... almost night and day.

I do, however, have faith that they can pull the car back on track. I believe that a change of character will breathe new life into this extraordinary, thought-provoking series. This change will make us all appreciate the conviction and hard work that Mark Harmon and the rest of the core actors have delivered the viewers consistently in this entire series.
  • Why can't they hire a decent actress?? Is she cheap??

Still don't get why out of ALL the great actresses in Hollywood, NCIS had to hire Emily Wickersham??? She's horrible!! All she does is read the lines with no acting ability whatsoever, and she also can't speak clearly. I guess she was a cheap hire?? I heard they won't replace her, so ok, fine! I guess I'm going to throw in the towel after this season. I'm tired of that idiotic dumb blonde distraction!!
  • ZZZZZZZZZ

NCIS has become completely boring - The only saving grace is when Robert Wagner (Mr. DiNozzo) and Diane Neal (Agent Borin) are on the show!! - Please do something!!!!!
  • Bishop

Get rid Bishop horrible. Really horrible Are you not listening. Just turned you off Watching Charlie's Angels. And that 100% better than watching the new NCIS . bishop can't act just a pretty face
  • Love NCIS but

Writing was a little better tonight. When other cast members have to prop one up like bishop then it's time to regroup. When McGee joined the team yes he was a nerd but believable and interactions he had with others worked. Emily (bishop) is not a good actress and can't pull off improvisation as that's somtimes used on the show. Her lines are limited which leads me to believe the writers do realize her limitations as an actress. It's not that I want Ziva back but simply a character portrayal as a convincing investiagor that works right
  • All Episodes

Writers should be boiled in oil for the asinine banter from jimmy palmer.
  • NCIS: Like someone let the air out of their tires

Been limping along, lacking its old spark, chemIstry, writing quality, and fun, since Cote left. The Bishop agent adds less than zero, detracts from the team, and her useless, incompetent presence is distraction. Tony's character has been pathtically changed, from the smart hero SFA to babysitting an excuse of an agent, to fretting about cats and colonics, to vulgar easy hook ups with an obvious Ziva clone. Suddenly McGee is treated as the de facto SFA, and the show has become the Another Bad Guy After Gibbs show. So sad to see the quality limping along on its past laurels, reusing old plots and dialoque sometimes, other times completely and illogically ignoring aspecys of show history to pretend an absent character was irrelevant. Utterly disqusted with what has been done yo this show, and how disdainful the SR are about the hearts and past support of fans.
  • Boot Bishop

The character of Bishop is an embarrassment, and that's putting it mildly. I've said this before and I'll say it again - the writers screwed with the character so many times that it has more personalities than Sybil. I can't believe the actress that plays Bishop got the part, I know she comes from money, did she buy the part? Or is her father friends with GG? It's got to be something, I can't believe she would have been the "best choice" - in comparison to what????? She needs to be gone, and soon!
  • The San Dominick

2.5
    The whole bomb thing where Gibbs pulled the wire before the dramatic showdown? To the writers; that was MEAN!! Gibbs is stern, never MEAN. Not one of your best scenes I must say.

Another thing, Bishop needs to go! NOT a fan. If she stays, fix her damn eyebrows!!!! WTF, total bleached blond with BLACK caterpillar eyebrows?

What's up with the makeup department on the set??? No one noticed but me? Come on!

Regards,

Long time NCIS fan
  • Sucks without Ziva!

Show used to be great. But CBS had to screw it up. First, they hired an incompetent show runner. Once GG was fully at the helm, the show's quality started to go down. But it was still okay, especially because we had great scenes between CDP and MW. Then CBS decided to play lowball with regard to Cote DePablo's contract and were surprised when she stood up to them and refused to accept the horrid offer. Instead of giving her a decent send off, they gave her the least amount of screen time as possible with a very poor exit. And then, instead of appeasing the great many fans that missed her, they instead angered them by first pretending the character didn't exist and then making it seem like her character totally abandoned her "family". The show got extremely boring once Cote was gone. But then CBS made a bad situation worse and hired an incompetent actress to play a crappy character and refuse to get rid of her despite the fact that the majority of fans do not like her and want her gone! CBS needs to wake up and admit they screwed up by letting Cote go and hiring the horrid EW. Fans want the show they fell in love with, not GG's new NCIS. Ditch EW and GG and get CDP back before you lose the long term fans permanently!
  • Still a very good show!

I have watched every single episode of this show. I like every episode. I was so shocked when they killed off Kate. Took me a while to warm up to Ziva but I liked her and was sad to see her leave. I was alo glad to see her leave because of the Tiva thing. It was taking up too much of the show.

I liked Bishop sraight away. She was very different and I love the relasionship she has with Tony and McGee. She looks up to them and is eager to learn. I think she'll make a great agent after a while. Just remember how hopeless McGee was in the beginning.

The problem now is that no matter waht Bishop does, the haters complain. If she is smart she is "a know it all" and it is "not beliveable". If the screws up, "Gibbs should fire her". She can't win.

Every character has changed a lot since the beginning. Gibbs was more fun in the first seasons, Abby was cooler and not so childish. Tony is more or less the same. Funloving but I have never dobted his skills as an agent. I would like to see Tony featured more and McGee a little less.

I still love this show after nearly 12 seasons.
  • Blond needs to go and quick

I know Ziva is not coming back but the writers need to have her grow a set of balls and man up or kill her off and quick. I have watched this show for 12 years and have never been disappointed but I certainly am now. Please kill her off and move on.
  • Show going downhill fast

Show was already suffering after GG took over due to his incompetence. Got very boring once Cote left and unwatchable once Emily W. joined the cast. Please give Cote what she wants to come back and get rid of Emily W. AND GG!
  • GET RID OF HER

Bishop is winey, cares what your issues are !!!!!

Bring back the show that always caught my attention that I watch over and over and over again. Even now if there is a repeat with Bishop I d not watch !!!!

We want the NCIS we know and love.

DD

I know I keep on saying the same thing but I cannot stand it. The show is off kilter. It is torture to watch it.

DD

Not sure how much we have to beg to get this girl off the show. I am definitely losing interest. I do not run home to watch the show anymore. I do not even watch it on the DVR right away. I do not have interest.

Please revamp my formerly favorite show.

DeeDee

Get that blonde of the show. She does not add anything to this series. As others have said the entire chemistry is gone even with the regulars. If they keep her on it will be their Achilles Heel and end the show.

D

Get rid of Bishop and bring back the NCIS that I am addicted to. I do not even watch the new shows for weeks later. It is embarrassing to watch the show now. I know every episode and have been through all the changes that worked successfully right from the start. Bishop does not work.

What martians came down and took the Gibbs we know and love? The one that would not accept this Bishop on his team.

Does the cast really want the show to fail? Have they decided being #1 for so long is over?

Get her off the floor and off the show !!!!!!
CBS