Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

NCIS Fan Reviews (1284)

• Bishop Character Lacks Depth - Need new blood

I was so upset that the Bishop character was "flat" or lacked depth. To me, an analyst is a "back room person" and not a front line action person. I hate to admit this but when she went back to Oklahoma, I wanted her to stay there and not return to the show. I feel no emotional attachment to her. I didn't think twice about the break-up only because the dynamics between Bishop and her husband were weird.

People at NCIS are expected to be intelligent and think out of the box. I have no memories of Bishop that "stick" with me. I was glad to see that there was an episode that focused around Jimmy, along with other episodes whose focus was around the other characters. These I remember.

I was so upset after 2 months of seeing Bishop, I wrote Mark Harmon in care of the production company. No response. No surprise. I think the rest of the cast is carrying the show along with some guest appearances.

When I was thinking of story lines where Bishop could exit, the divorce scenario seemed to make sense or that her passion for the intelligence led her back to the Agency where she previously worked. I think the character is not working well is two-fold 1) poor character development 2) mis-match with what the audience's expectations of the role should be.

Thank God for NCIS reruns on TV where i can see Ziva. The story lines developed for her tapped into her ability to evoke so many emotions. The action side was amazing. The evolution of her character was amazing.

I like the new female lead on the new TV show, Blindspot. She has the same ability to evoke emotions whether it's confusion, anger, sadness, fear, plus a growing emotional connection with her lead male. Combine that with her "action hero" and it's a good format for success. Her inner strength and training equates to

If Ziva wants to pursue other action roles shows so she won't get stereotyped, then okay, Could she have done a better job of exiting so that the writers could put more time and thought could be put into an appropriate ending. The last episode between Ziva and DiNozio was supposed to be romantic. I was not really moved. Could be I was stunned at her departure. I had heard there were bad feelings among the other actors on the show when Ziva announced her departure.

Someone told me Ziva's fan club was To me that's a poor word choice. Are they passionate about Ziva's character, yes. Excellent story writing PLUS a strong character who has held in her emotions for a long time because that was her position. That was her dad's expectation of her.

• I like her

Love this show, I'm season 11, couldn't help but to thing my god they are getting old. I love Bishop, she is an enigma to the team. she reminds me of the prodigy on criminal minds. As for facial expressions she's sweet and strong. I haven't seen the ep. About her husband, thanks for the spoliers, yet I don't think she would show emotions to that. She too logical she'd rationalize it and move on. She says it in her ep.1 when she fails she gets right back up and she got to work on team work. Boom bishop for the win
  • Are any writers or producers listening to us?

This is my 3rd review since Bishop started. Clearly you are not listening to anyone. I'm not comparing her to Ziva. The transition from Kate to Ziva was done perfectly. This poor little girl couldn't transition out of a paper bag. I've watched this amazing show from day 1. It's on all TV's during the day on USA. I have 2 dogs named Ziva David and Abby Sciuto. I have been a faithful viewer but if you continue to put me to sleep and bore me with Bishop, we will part ways. Hopefully she'll stay in Oklahoma.
  • Jake - an Affair to Forget

I have to agree with all the recent posts that Ellie's character lacks depth. Her facial expressions almost never change and then she finds out her husband is having an affair - with no anger, rage, tears? Impossible ... an affair should have elicited some powerful emotions from her but instead within 24 hours she decides to run home to Oklahoma and not confront Jake in a rage - even put a gun to his throat (I sure would). Did NCIS lose writers in the last writer's strike? It's become so damned bland that I fall asleep watching. Get the NOLA NCIS writers to take over ... it's the only NCIS show that I await anxiously each week ... if CBS doesn't fix NCIS it WILL be cancelled and that's a horrible thought because I'm so attached to all the other characters from Vance to Abby. I hated writing such a "hate" review but someone needs to kick CBS in the patooty. Bringing back Ziva would fix ALL the shows problems but some strong writing might salvage Bishop ... but the actor needs to put some effort into her role when the writing improves or it will still fail ... she needs some quirks that are character specific to endear her to the viewing audience. Good Luck NCIS - I sure love the show but am very worried about its future.
  • Didn't work

If the writers thought showing Bishop in her pain, in her home setting would develop some sort of "bond" with viewers and the Twit, they missed. Sad eyes, mumbling, fake log splitting. Really? Please, powers that be, remove her.
  • ziva please come home for chrismas

the show is going nowere I do not watch it most of the time is no spark in the think that the show would go back to where you were glued to the tv every Tuesday night. please help the fans of ncis and give us a great the show back to where it made the best come out in tell gibb,s to cut his hair and be a marine.
  • NCIS BIshop

I don't even understand why Bishop is in NCIS in the first place! I'm not one to be sexist, because know that female agents aren't at like Bishop! Well some may be but certainly not as a field agent! I don't know what they have in store for Ziva (Cote de Pablo) but this Bishop girl has to go! There's nothing exciting about her. For Ziva we got to go to Telave Israel! I mean c'mon!
  • NCIS: EPISODE: Blood Brothers

The best part of the last episode was Bishop going home to Oklahoma. The downer for this episode was all the Bishop family. Even Lindsay Wagner could not save this episode. And the big clunky brother. Without out the Bishops, this episode could have been shown in 30 minutes. Views must remember the 9 or 10 seasons of quality agents. Then the first impression of Bishop was flopping on the desk like a child and playing with her computer. First impressions are lasting impressions. And, the flopping was a FLOP. Unless Bishops character has something on the producer, she needs to go!

Just more violence, blood and guts and dumb down script. Its like loosing an old friend. Bad enough I had to watch 3 yrs of reruns but even then at least there was real content and not all pivoting on violence. Could never understand why they kept dumping great femal actress' and replaced with a kid of no content. Oh, ya I know, the media is now focused totally on youth for their dumbing down process (ie the money mongers at work.. Guess Im dumping tv as Ive only watched 3 programs over the last few years and was hoping the new season would permit me entertainment, particularly for what I pay for tv, but clearly its no longer worth it. Hey , better to go back to reading!!!!. I thought these producers were on top of the dumbing down programming of our kids that has been going on in the media and combating it, but alas. This is the legacy of our generation to our kids and grandkids and if mature adults do not get off their butts and the blogging format to take actions on a range of things aside from tv our kids are going to suffer terribly.
  • WTF NCIS...

Ok this "Bishop" character is single handly bringing down the show. She's is so horrible... How in the world can she be on the show for so long and they're still trying to develop her character? Its just time to let her go. The story line in the latest episode just didn't make any sense at all. The writers are so focused on writing Bishop to fit with the team they seriously dropped the ball on the story about the man dying of cancer with siblings who served that all died... And sad story after another and then BAM. The man who was in prison magically gives up and donates... Just no. No. No. I really don't care if NCIS is canceled all together the spin-off shows are a lot better than this crap they're continuously putting out.
  • Where did NCIS go?

What has happened to NCIS this season. I know there is a transistioning but in the process they have lost impact and interest. Relationships that made the show are practically dissolved. The writing now is so simplistic and predictable leaving it so hum drum. Where is the show so many loved and followed? Bring back the sharp writing and interesting characters that has made this show work.
  • Bone-marrow Donor!

I can't believe this episode on needing a donor for a young man who has leukemia. Really, they want us to believe that a black man was his closest match! Bone marrow is about as basic as you can get. It is what determines what color your hair and eyes are, your body style, everything. It is why they have public service announcements asking for specific ethnic groups to donate. It is completely inaccurate to show people of different ethnicities to be a match. Do your research writers!
  • Bishop

We want ziva back or Maggie Q. This Bishop sucks doesn't fit in!
  • My Take on NCIS Future.

As has been said in other areas. We must evolve or fade out. With the recent departure of Bishop and the other spinoffs featuring teasers of diffrent charicters you have to wonder if we are not seeing evolution in process. With the growing trends in the world to focus more on worldly how hard is it to see a more international spin of ncis. A team featuring a Israeli women, a Australian woman, A American man, and such. Even though i Love NCIS i fear its time to pass the batton like its predicessor (JAG) did to them. And hope some of the loved charicters are absorbed into the next generation.
  • A different take on Bishop and her troubles

I perceive Bishop's character as having quiet strength, not as being bland. And I'm suggesting that the show is right now laying the foundation for development of a romantic relationship between her and Gibbs. Consider: The series is (much) nearer its end than its beginning; such a period is frequently used by the writers to spin out personal fantasies about the characters they've created and come to love, and there's opportunity coming for the show to break out of its envelope and the viewers' comfort zone without endangering its future. Gibbs has undergone a personal crisis and come out of it changed: hair, clothes, maybe demeanor; what else might be changing? Gibbs is taking time (presumably personal) for a visit to Bishop at her parents' home; he'd never do this for McGee or Dinozzo. Something is awakening behind those icy blue eyes...
  • Bishop character no depth - boring - must go

The character of Bishop is not a strong enough female lead and that is what I think everyone feels. The characters of Kate and Ziva were very strong and yet still likable. Bishop has no depth, her monotone voice is hard to constantly listen to and her storyline of her husband cheating is ... well rather sad that the writers wrote that in as it is so cliche. Anyway, not thrilled with the acting ability of Emily nor do I like Bishop at all. Certainly not someone I would want to hang out with and that is my personal feeling. Rating a 7.5 with Bishop and a 10 without.
  • Would like to see a new female agent on the team

I'm with those who could never relate to Bishop. I don't know whether it's the acting or the writing, but her character is very flat, her only emotion seems to be puzzled. (And I have to admit that her stringy blonde hair with dark brows & roots are distracting; sorry if that makes me shallow. I would think that Emily the actress or Bishop the agent could afford a decent Yeah, I guess in real life you could have boring co-workers, but this is a top-rated TV show and needs some spark that Bishop simply can't deliver. Since she's already part of the cast/family I can see following her story to some degree, but it would be nice to have a new female agent with a strong personality take her place on the team. (I'm giving the episode itself a high rating because I could see the story line of serious issues with her husband coming a mile away; something like this had to happen. Also glad it opens a possibility of replacing BTW I'm fine with Gibbs' hair; just a quirk coming from the stuff he's going through.
  • Someone has to do something about Bishop

No matter how hard the writers have tried to make Bishop fits it just doesn't work, the character has gone through a metamorphosis, she went from an analyst that actually sat on the floor while working for NSA to an NCIS agent with problems at home, they have tried to make her more interesting and less dull but still I dislike her, it's probably because they picked a mediocre actress to portray the character and the only one to blame is the casting Director, they have tried everything posible but it is time for her to go, bring a better actress and the show is going to improve drastically.
  • Oklahoma, OK!

I really hope Bishop stays in Oklahoma. I thought they were going to have her leave because she needed to be at NSA so she and her hubby could share. However, this is a good ending too. Isn't it strange that Gibbs would become an immediate friend of such a creep. Just another example of how poorly the Bishops storyline has been winging it from Day 1. It was never realistic that Gibbs would befriend and call every night a person whom he could not possibly know or trust in such a short time.
  • Don't write out Bishop

IMO Bishop stepped in seamlessly when Zeva left. I love her acting and the role. Stunned to see so much hate here.

• Let up on Bishop

As I recall, Tim was pretty non descript when he first came onboard. Bishop is too young for sexual tension with Tony. I agree she needs to either dump the husband or let him know she's not the same girl and start pushing out of her nerd shell a bit. Some socializing with Abbey should help that. Forget Barrett. She's in charge where she is: being a subordinate to Gibbs Tony &Tim would never work. Don't blame the actress for the writers. Or the director. As far as Gibbs haircut: change is inevitable. He's not all that different
  • Great Episode

This was a great episode and very emotional!! I love the entire cast INCLUDING Bishop! She adds her own dimension to the show. Not everyone can be like Ziva and I get that. If all the women were the same the show would be boring. Keep up the great work!
  • Bishop thoughts

Wow, I didn't realize so many didn't like Bishop. I do like her, however, I don't think they are doing all they can with the character. Ziva was fun to watch as she kicked butt and had a different world view. Bishop was quirky at first - the candy bars and her spy smarts - but all that's gone now that she's an NCIS agent. There is nothing that sets her apart from so many other agents and there needs to be. Maybe after her trip to OK/break up? with Jake, the writers will do something with her.
  • Bring back Ziva!

Every time I see NCIS I hope that Bishop has been replaced. She is a very flat and unrelateable character. I just cannot make myself like her. I wish they would bring back Ziva. Ziva had awesome chemistry with the whole crew, but Bishop is just flat and boring no matter who she is interacting with. Cato de Pablo has stated that she is willing to come back to the show, so why haven't they brought her back??? Hope the producers wake up soon. Bishop is dragging the whole show down.
  • Tonight's episode looked promising (11/17/15)

I thought with Bishop going back to her folks in Oklahoma after Jake's cheating that she would finally be leaving the show. But then next week's episode preview shows that Gibbs goes after her. Sigh. What can we do to register our disappointment and dissatisfaction with Bishop's character, acting, and addition to the show? She doesn't belong. It's not a good fit for her or for the show. Please find another place for her and find someone else for NCIS. (And please ask Gibbs to cut his hair--he looks sloppy, and careless, not
  • What?!

So I just started watching this show and I am confused. Can someone please explain to me why the finale of season 1 ends with Kate being season 2 starts with an episode that has nothing to do with the finale, and Kate is magically back?!
  • Tell me again how Bishop adds to the team?

bishop is still working that ratings magic, I see. lowest premiere rating since and now series lows.....

poor writing, bad story lines and even worse acting -- all usually add up to low ratings
  • little sister

She's like the team's little sister I think she's cute and totes different than Ziva: which is a good thing. Ziva was a great character Bishop can be too.

Honestly I feel like Ziva/Tony shippers feel threatened by her. I don't think they should.
  • A weak link that stays weak

I've watched NCIS and its reruns over and over again because I really love the many aspects of its characters. However, when most of the team is able to display many emotions, Bishop just doesn't seem to be able to do the same. No matter how serious the situation or even personal, she still has the same sighs and no change in her facial expressions. A team is only as strong as its weakest link; Bishop is the weak link. Never seen such a weak link on this show before. The producers seemed to be quite gifted before in picking talent - but what a miss! Fingernails on chalkboard these days with Bishop. Kate and Ziva cannot be replaced. I just wait for NCIS NOLA on Tuesdays. More than time to make a change.
  • Can't Disagree

I can't disagree with the majority of comments found here. I too have been a fan since the beginning and JAG before that. Character development is 70% writers and 30% actor. While I am not a fan of Emily (on this show) she can only work with what she is given by the writers. After 12 seasons the writers seem to have given up and NCIS is becoming more of sit-com. For example, I miss the Ziva-isms not that I expect the Bishop character to use them but it is an example of the clever writing produced by the writers in previous seasons. Unfortunately, Emily does not look the part of a Federal Agent. The behind the scenes production people should do a better job of making her fit the character--more appropriate hair style and dress--she looks more like a high school teen. The other problem is that the show did not need another nerd. It already had two very good ones with Abby and Magee (and autopsy gremlin is coming along but is still a little too irritating at times for my taste). I think the real problem here is that the writers do not know who this character is and can't figure out what to do with her.

NCIS needed a strong investigator type to challenge Tony (but not necessarily a love interest but with some sexual tension [love and marriage between protagonists always seems to be the downfall of a good show!]). Bourne is not a good long-term choice as she is too much like Gibbs. I do like her as a guest star and the cross agency cooperation and all. Finally, while I know it is heresy of the worst kind, but Abby needs to grow up a little--after all she is 12-13 years older. I love Abby and have from the beginning but maybe a little less Goth and a little more stylish wardrobe but still quirky, loving and brilliant at what she does.