NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 Returning September 23, 2014

gabfan31

NCIS Fan Reviews (1068)

• What a pain

I don't like crime series that much, but NCIS has been different right from the beginning. It has been the perfect mixture of realistic police work + Hollywood action, seriousness + fun, crime stories/drama + everyday life. The relationships between the extraordinary characters and the development each character had taken have been unique.

Well ... at least until that girl turned up ...

I've been watching NCIS from JAG onwards, and although I didn't like every character and every episode and every storyline, in all I enjoyed it and loved it - from JAG until 11/8.

I'm not a Ziva fanatic (although I liked her, not always, but most of the time), and I accepted that Cote de Pablo had to do what she had to do, but I was a bit disappointed by the way she was written out of the serie. At least for the remaining character - Tony - the writers should have come up with a different story. So he was simply left behind and couldn't be anything else but depressed and heartbroken. Unfortunately, it's difficult to develop a heartbroken character further on. It wasn't the best choice they could have made.

I was open for something / someone new, although I was sceptic that someone else would suit the team, especially not another woman because it was clear that it would be difficult to fill de Pablo's shoes.

I liked the five episodes between Ziva's departure and Ellie's introduction. Just the three men (working and dealing with different persons at each case) would have worked for me perfectly for the rest of the season. I didn't need a fourth member at all, especially not a female member. They could have bring in women from the outside like Agent Borin or Vera Strickland. That was fine because each of them added something different.

But I was ready to give the new girl a chance.

And then ...

Wow!

It's not a positive "wow", it's a "who on earth had that awful idea?"-wow, a "who casted her and why did they think that actress would suit the rest of the cast?"-wow, a "what a stupid, poorly written character"-wow.

It's nothing against the actress. She probably is a nice girl. But ...

A scene in 11/9, the first episode with her, told you everything you needed to know: Small, young, blonde girl next to the three big, experienced men, a unit that can communicate with each other without saying a word. - She will never suit them, she will always look ridiculous next to them. That's not the bad of the actress but why choosing someone like her? To "refresh" the cast? But when the whole main cast is 40+ someone who looks like a teenage girl doesn't suit. It just makes the main cast look even older and the young like an alien. (By the way - I don't mind it at all that the cast is "old". Getting older just had made them better!)

The Mossad-storyline never was realistic, but this great cast was able to make it work. Maybe you didn't buy it completely, but it was enjoyable.

Bishop is supposed to be an ordinary analyst, but I'm not buying it. Analysts and profiler don't work alone, sitting on the floor with lots of paper around them, thinking, and then coming up with an amazing result. It's not even quirky or funny, it's just stupid.

Counting in school, college, training, working practise and then SIX YEARS of chasing Parsa, she must be 32 at least. Really? She looks and behaves like a 12-year-old. And she really met Parsa in the Middle East? I'm not even buying she has ever been to Europe, speaks a foreign language (has ever left college). And how did she identify him? Sitting as a lotus flower in the desert, the computer on her lab, and he came by, and she thought, "Well, he's going to be a terrorist"??? Oh, come on!

Now she is turned into a field agent. Really? She is not even able to hold a gun. When I saw it the first time I was hoping she would shoot herself. At least, it wouldn't have surprised me at all.

No authority would let her do field work. The old Gibbs would have never ever accepted her in the team. Not even as a so-called analyst because they don't need any. I mean - they have Gibbs' famous gut, haven't they?

But the worst thing is that the show suddenly centers her. Abby, Ducky, Palmer, and Vance are cut short to unimportant side-kicks, Gibbs, Tony and McGee are standing around waiting for her to do something, to solve the case.

WTF???

I've read reviews saying, that it had been the same with Ziva, but that's simply not true. Gibbs has always been the strong leader, the team worked as a team, and Ziva was just a part of the team. Never before the entire cast had stepped back in that way to give a new character room to show how clever s/he is.

And why is everyone so polite and nice? Once it was a joke when Gibbs said "pleeeeaaase". Every new character had to fight her/his way into the team. There were arguments, tensions - and it was good! And now Gibbs tells her she did a great job? When? What did I miss? Why on earth he should want her in his team? Because of what? She disobeys orders, she isn't a teamplayer - just one season ago it would have driven Gibbs nuts. And now he invites her being part of the team???

Where has the team work gone? The chemistry? The dynamic? The ability to switch from being serious to being funny in a second? Ducky's stories? Gibbs' alpha-man-action? The boat? Tony's pointed remarks? The REAL men's-restroom-conversations? (Oh, come on, did you really have to do that?) Weird team meetings in Abby's lab? (... to be continued endlessly)

THAT's why I loved this show! I loved the characters, the dynamic, the mixture of genres from drama to comedy. I'm NOT watching NCIS to see a girl sitting on the floor. Maybe if SHE was a sidekick. Maybe if she was funny - at least a little bit. But she simply isn't. She isn't clever, she isn't funny, she has no ability any other character wouldn't have. She doesn't ADD anything. She is like waterproof material, everything rolls off on her. She is stiff like a piece of wood with just three different facial expressions. She doesn't interact with any of the other characters. HER men's-restroom-conversation with Tony was characteristic for the whole figure "Ellie Bishop" - pointless.

Hasn't anyone in charge noticed that? The fans should give her a chance? Oh, I'm trying, really, hard ... but it's so painful to watch.

Yesterday I watched 5/5 and 5/6 from DVD because of being so frustrated about that my favourite serie goes down the drain.

"I'm dealing with my ship phobia, Tony's dealing with his rat phobia, and Ziva's dealing with her ghost - "So what's Gibbs dealing with?" - "Them!"

Little consolation while dealing with my Bishop-phobia ...

PS . Please, excuse possible syntax and other mistakes. I'm not a native speaker, and my reading/understanding skills are much better than my writing skills. ;)
  • Write the sponsors

Hey - it might seem as though no one associated with the series either listens to or cares about what seems to be rather overwhelming negative feelings regarding Bishop...... but maybe letters to those sponsors providing the commercials would be a plan. At least one could be sure that they would pay attention. I'm sure she's a very nice girl, but I'm also certain that she isn't good on NCIS. I could go on, but everything has been said so many times, it's not necessary.
  • The Three Musketeers.

Gibbs, DiNozzo, McGee, that's all you need in the front for a successful TV show. They all play off each others so well. Bishop is a pain. That's all I can say. I believe the show could survive without a 4th wheel. McGee and Abby can handle the analytical parts of the show. Ziva won't come back because Cote de Pablo has left of her own free will. Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherly and Sean Murray are great, having done this for 10 years and don't need Bishop.
  • Happy Days Redux

IMHO NCIS has jumped the shark with Ellie Bishop.
  • My idea is...

bring back Ziva, child in tow. Obviously, Tony's, get them back together. They need to spruce up the romantic interest AND the crime solving piece. That would bring people back for sure! Send Bishop to LA or NOor anywhere else. They don't need another genius. They have McGee and Abby.
  • Excited About Season 12

Season 12 of NCIS starts in four weeks! It's hard waiting. I'm looking forward to meeting the new baddie, the young Duckie, and Tony partnering with an FBI agent. It's going to be a fun year!
  • Let's kick the barbie out.

So, Cote de Pablo 'left' and they replaced her with some blonde barbie that tries to be smart, talks too much and eats every time she is not 'talking'. She does not only suck herself, but she also makes the others act weird. Gary calls it 'organic' that nobody talks about Ziva in the show and that Ziva did not visit when Jackson died. .

And then he makes it worse because let's put a new girlfriend for Tony in the show while Ziva is in Israel with a mental breakdown. Because yeah, we call that 'organic', right Gary? That girlfriend is a bad copy of Ziva what is obvious.

My advice if you want your vieuwers back, bring back Cote and get rid of the weird

• The "makeover" isn't going to make her suck any less

I saw some photos from the set for season 12, and it seems Bishop is back. Apparently they trimmed her hair two inches and got rid of the torn jeans. Too little, too late. Emily still can't act, and the team still doesn't need an analyst. This experiment was over 10 episodes ago.
  • Hope Season 12 energizes fans

1.5
    Season 11 was the worst I have ever seen for this team on so many levels. After the arrival of Bishop I could not even recognize them. For me it wasn't so much that Ziva left but more about how they did it and not allowing the team to even speak her name. We were left with an Isareli flag as a reminder and that was it. Since GG likes to use the word "organic" how they played that the whole season was not organic. Not one team member called her when Gibbs father died. Gibbs is like a second father to her. It seemed disrespectful not to mention a character that has been on the show for 8 years. Fans don't like being treated like that especially after providing high ratings for 11 years. Yet I could have come to like a replacement if she brought something to the team. Quickly replacing Ziva with Bishop which a huge number of fans have expressed dislike and have said clearly she does not fit the team dynamics seems more ego driven that "organic". They did not give her time to even see if she was a fit or check fan response. She has no relationship with anyone on the team after 16 episodes, she is just there and yet they bring her back for Season 12. But attempting to ignore the problem is causing long term fans such as myself to consider not watching next season. I will check out the first few episodes and if it remains a replay for Season 11 I will not torture myself by trying to watch a show that I once loved and would not miss. I've stuck it out this long out of loyalty not because I have enjoyed it with the hope that they would fix things. If TPTB want this show to fail then let them keep doing what they are doing and keep giving the wrong people chances despite negative fan input and I'll be gone.
  • One-way ticket out for Bishop

Bishop's terrible in this series and she knows it. It's obvious she cannot find her place and that she doesn't fit. The writers also had a problem with the Zava/Tony romance. That could not work either. This beloved program is going down. When the writing has gotten bad in past other shows, it signaled to me that new writers were hired and they were not good ones. Does NCIS really, really have to end? Hiring a more interesting replacement for Bishop could enliven the series. Send Bishop on a long trip to a dangerous place and arrange for her not to survive the experience.
  • NCIS Whats going on?

I don't like Bishop. I think Emily Whickersham is a good actor but NOT her character. When I used to get home from work, I would come home, sit on my couch, and eat and watch. Even when I had paperwork I would still find a way to watch the show. Change Bishop if you're going to keep her. Ncis had its own rhythm, and Bishop doesn't have that rhythm. She doesn't fit in. We have the childish, Baltimore, senior field agent. We have the geek. we have the goth. We have the autopsy gremlin. We have the British. We have the director. We HAD the Israeli mossad officer. AND we have the ruler. GIBBS! There is no beat in that rhythm for Bishop. Case closed! This year, ncis is going to lose a lot of fans and watchers. Its not too late to change...
  • NCIS. It was great!!! Until Bishop showed up.

Every male on the team has been emasculated. And Abby isn't faring too well, either. It's downright embarrassing what has happened to this once-awesome # 1 show AND what the incredible cast pre-Bishop

has been reduced to.

Absolutely Amazing that the dummies ever solved a case without Super-Sleuth Bishop. Snark!

• Love, love, love NCIS, and yes, that means Bishop

I LOVE Bishop, I think she's awesome. She's quirky and cute and fun and different and I love her smarts. I love that she sits on the desk/floor because I prefer to do the same as well. I love that she's an eater, because I think that's cute and that's her way of dealing with things. I LOVE that Gibbs treats her a little differently because he sees that she's different and treats her as such, same as Abby. Ziva was different and he had a different relationship with her, he's going to treat everyone differently because that's what he does. I love that Bishop can keep up with Tony in his movie references, that is awesome. I also love that she's married and so we know she and Tony can't get together, leaving him to find someone else outside of the team. And I love that she's analytical in the way that she does things and figures things out and that she can store so much information. She's a lot of things I am, so I connect with her character and think that the actress portrays her very well. I'm hoping that everyone else will grow to like her, just like everyone grew to like Ziva after she was on for awhile. Go Bishop!! #teamBishop
  • What were TPTB thinking!

I loved seasons 3-10, mostly because the character of Ziva intrigued me. The show without her just plain stinks! It was quite obvious Cote had no intention of leaving just yet, so I can only conclude she needed time off or just fewer working hours to deal with a personal issue and TPTB said no way! I can bet if one of her male colleagues wanted what she did, he would have gotten it (CBS is known to treat male actors better than female ones-look at the Criminal Minds debacle when 2 female actors were fired to save money to fund the soon to be flopped spinoff even though at least one male costar had less seniority on the show). CBS wake up! Give Cote what she wants and get her back ASAP! I will no longer watch now that her character has gone and many of my friends no longer watch for the same reason. I suspect that even fewer will watch once Ziva's replacement starts, since GG is noted for creating characters fans loathe! Update: I was right-Bishop stinks. Why do TPTB insist on keeping a character (and having her front and center) that the majority (87%) of fans hate? Its almost as if they are trying to sink the show!

Why won't TPTB listen to the fans?! The fans have stated over and over again that they want EW (Bishop) gone and yet the horrible actress is STILL there. And fans are still asking CBS to get Cote back. CBS needs to grow up, stop acting like a spoiled child and man up to the fact they screwed up playing hardball with Cote's contract (which they finally admitted after months of fan protests) and for hiring a talentless actress to replace her. Unless they rid themselves of the horrid Bishop character and get CDP back (giving her whatever she wants), the show won't last much longer! Hey, CBS, fans are what generates money and the fans are leaving left and right!

For those who want CBS to know how they feel, you can leave feedback for CBS shows on the CBS feedback page. I believe some addresses to write to can be found on the operationbringbackcote Facebook page, but you may have to search to find them. Of course, the best way to show you aren't happy with the new NCIS is to stop watching.
  • Why is she still here?

@Istill a very good show.

You, respectfully, have gone and made the same mistake so many Bishop defenders before you have. You insist on tying our dislike (or outright "hatred") of this character to the departure of Ziva. That is not the case ... at least not for everyone. I was fully prepared to accept the new girl, just like I loved and accepted Ziva after they killed off Kate. It is BISHOP that is the problem. Not the absence of Ziva. She is an atrocious character being propped up by bringing all ... and I mean ALL ... the other characters down. You like her, and that is your right and privilege. Truly. But please don't presume to know why so many of us do NOT. If you look at this site alone, there are 1,057 posts. The VAST majority, if you notice, are anti-Bishop.

That having been said, I agree that the show is still good. I just am not going to waste my time watching reruns of this season. I'd rather watch reruns of all prior seasons for the umpteenth time.

By the way, people. fan forum dot com /f321/

is a great forum to discuss the show (and all your favorite shows). I just discovered it recently. Be warned though. I've seen a lot of ACTOR bashing on this site (or Bishop). While critiques of the show and the characters are most definitely allowed ... I started an anti-bishop thread myself ... bashing the actor or her fans is not allowed.

===============

Meaning, Bishop. I've created another "review" so I can keep ranting about how bad she is as an actress and as a character. I'm sorry, she is just blah. It's so bad that I'd rather watch reruns of all earlier seasons for the 10th time than watch one rerun with her in it. Period.

I've heard rumors she is back only for two episodes, but I suspect that is all it is... a rumor. Does anyone have an email address for any real person that I can write to. It probably won't make a difference, but I'll certainly feel better.
  • Still a very good show!

I have watched NCIS since the first episodes in JAG. I have always liked this show. I was so shocked when Kate was killed off in the season 2 finale. It took me a while to warm up to Ziva and for me it was too many episodes with the melodrama of Ziva. When Cote decided to leave I wasn't that upset. It was getting old the whole Tiva thing. And it didn't make sense, at least not for me, why they should end up as a couple. Ziva never treated Tony with respect and Tony never seemed that interested. I guess I am one of the few that actually like Bishop. She brings a new and, thank god, a different energy to the team. Tony, Tim and Ellie are like siblings and I like her being a bit strange. I've always been like Ellie when it comes to sitting on floors and deskes. I have always said that the only chrater this show can't loose is Gibbs. Everyone else can be replaced.

I just don't get this overwhelming hate so called fans of NCIS have of Bishop and of Wickesham. I don't envy her. I just wish the Ziva lovers would get that she left, she wasn't fired, she was even offered a lot more money to stay. I get as fans you don't like that but why take it out on Wickersham.

I am looking forward to season 12 and I hope we get to know more of Bishops background and family.
  • Used to have a Great Team BUT now NOT with 'bishop'

HEARTBREAK - they have a new 'failure - bishop' - The Show WOULD BE SOOOOO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT her.. YES, we miss Ziva - BUT the Show is Still SOOOO MUCH Better WITHOUT bishop!

We don't have to have Ziva back but NCIS does need to Get RID of bishop - Gibb's Team would be so much better without bishop.

I used to look forward to Tuesday nights & watching Gibb's Team - but no longer. Now I want to Throw Up.

I am glad that they covered sexual assaults in the military - this should never happen anywhere and it is always disgusting to hear of this happening in our military.

***

As an update - my feelings are no better - Actually worse. this bishop character is a JOKE!
  • Is the bimbo still there?

Time for the producers to admit this character is a colossal FAIL. Can't figure out how she was hired, let alone why she's still there.
    Wow..... Finally got a chance to see the majority of Season 11..... Who the hell is this Bishop? Did they find her playing a background character on "iCarly" and say, "Hey! She'd make a GREAT addition to NCIS!!" ??? I managed to sit thru most of the season on DVD, but..... I fear it may be my last. What happened to everyone? Gibbs.... older and soft. Tony seems to have lost his edge.... McGee had an awesome looking girlfriend and POOF! ... she gone. The connection just seems to have disappeared. :(

Please, PLEASE..... make me wanna come back for Season 12.
  • Ziva we hardly knew ye

Sure I'm sorry to see Ziva go, but she gave us one of the most memorable characters in TV history. No actress/character could possibly fill her shoes. NCIS was a good show before she joined and has the potential to remain a top show - even without her it's much better than the moderately successful NCIS LA. Criticizing Wickersham/Bishop is fine, but who would be a better fit? The show's chemistry visualized by Don Bellisario is far more complex than most and it would obviously be much better if he was still at the helm to navigate this transition. But no matter who runs it, the foundation is so solid I can't imagine it going so far off the rails that I would stop watching.
  • . NCIS

I agree with the majority postings re: Bishop. Even if one could stand her and find her part believable, the life has gone out of the show. The building of the characters and their interaction, sometimes sad sometimes funny, made the show special. What I find most bizarre is given the what Ziva as a charter meant to everyone, she has not been mentioned ever! It is as though the original show has been totally cut off from the present. Even Kate came back in memory, as did Mike Franks, but Ziva no! I agree that the coastguard woman would have fitted well. Who is writing the show and who is casting? Casting has been one of the shows strengths. Sad but won't be watching in future.
  • Bring us a different replacement for Ziva

Whoever came up with the Bishop character needs to be fired. She is boring and immature. Damn, she doesn't even know what a chair and table are used for. Do the producers really want to sabotage this show. I have purchased every season DVD's that are available. I know I am going to skip last season
  • Rut-Row

Bishop's character just sucks the ever loving life out of this once great series. And the rest of the cast are mere menions to Bishop and her eyebrows. The new writers have shoved this woman down our throats. I agree, admit you made a mistake. Also, the new writers must have been former writers for The Scooby Doo cartoon. Really, predictable, and just bad unbelievable plot lines. The Bishop character is forced bad acting ta'boot! And give me a break with her "quirks". Get her arse off the floor and at a desk. She is now Wonder Woman of NCIS. I wish she would just go away in the Mystery Machine Van!
  • Emily Wickersham is a terrible actress- which producer is she linked to??

We were totally shocked to learn that the network would hire such a weak actress for a leading role! EW is probably one of the worst choices out there, and it's hard to imagine there weren't tons of available actresses that auditioned for this role. So who is Emily linked to? Gary, Mark?? Someone else?? This girl can't seem to play the part of anything, and she comes off as very uncomfortable in every scene she's in. Not to mention there's nothing about her that looks convincing as an agent either. She may have wrinkles already at her age, but she is very immature acting and totally throws the entire team off. She doesn't fit in with this show at all. Maybe she was super cheap, but hey producers, you get what you pay for! We used to love this show, but it has nose dived with the addition of EW/Bishop Kill her off and move on!!
  • Who's the writer these days???

3.5
    Emily Wickersham is one problem but how can any writer create such a dull character for that spot? This type of show requires a forceful character in each field agent not a brainiac from some military office. If her character's speciality is computers, but her in McGee's spot and bring him into the field. Still need to toughen him up a bit but would be better than Emily. Light a fire under everyone on the show, especially the writers!!! Please let Wickersham go. She just doesn't fit the show!

• New ncis girl

Hate her eyebrows too skinny terrible actress! She's gotta go!
  • I am still having a hard time liking Bishop

Either sparkle her up a little or get rid of her. She's too Blah! Something happened to the whole show this season and it wasn't just ziva leaving.
  • Why are they not paying attention?

How long are they going to continue to push Ziva's replacement on us. She is a lousy actress who cannot achieve the part assigned to her. She plays the part the same no matter the situation. What I want to know is why Gibbs has not made her work to attain her status as an agent and it is very apparent she has no formal training. She knows more than Gibbs solving every case. The show is now her, very boring. We thought the lady who played the part of the Coast Guard agent would be considered. At least she added to the program. Hope they make a change soon. I like the show and want to continue watching but will not if she stays. A very sad ending for a very good show.
  • Boring Boring NCIS

Myself and my wife watched the show last night and turned it off before it finished, we could not believe its the same show we have been watching with all the good interaction between the cast, it was very very enjoyable to watch, now BORING BORING just another cop show SHAME on you for doing this to a great show, get zeba back ASAP please, and get rid of her replacement NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wickersham a disaster

The producer or writer glasberg needs to get rid of this disaster of an actress. the show now lacks any cohesion. the characters now don't mesh. they make wickersham "the professional" putting her in interrogations and have mcgee witness her doing them. this show needs to REPLACE HER. i've been watching this show since its inception and now i can't stand it. can't stand to see how ineffective she or her acting is. GET RID OF HER. she doesn't fit in.