NCIS

Safe Harbor

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Oct 18, 2011 on CBS

• Perhaps not quite as great as last week's, but this episode was still promising signs for NCIS, after the abysmal first and third episodes of this seasonl.

This episode features a reather enjoyable case. It is very interesting and the team has many angles to work in order to determine which family member is the killer. I loved the fact that they found the stowawy family on the boat and especially Ziva's conversations with the mother were very interesting and rather insightful.

I'd have to deduct marks for the side-storyline with DiNozzo and McGee searching for a woman for Gibbs. It was rather pointless and I didn't find any of that to be funny.

So regarding today's episode, case wise, it was very, very good, but comedy-wise, definitely not good enough. They must come up with something a bit more funny that this. I was not impressed with that aspect of the episode.

On another note, I rather enjoyed seeing CGIS Special Agent Abigail Borin tossed back into the fray. She is a character that I have really enjoyed during her annual visits to the NCIS team. She was great, but not quite as good as her other episodes.

All up, great case, terrible side-story. I gave 10.0/10.0 for the case, but if I were scoring the comedy, it would be about 3 or 4.

On a conclusding note, I also really hate this new SecNav. He is so incredibly boring. I enjoyed that lawyer mistaking him to be Vance's assistant!

CBS