NCIS

The Good Son

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Mar 27, 2012 on CBS

• The Good Son

An uber-serious episode with Vance at the forefront. Not exactly what I was hoping for as it was another incredibly predictable episode, a disheartening guest appearance by That 70's Show's Don Stark and not a lot of good Ziva and Tony interactions either.

Just average, like the show has been a lot lately.
  • A Poor Family Related Episode for NCIS

This episode didn't have the emotional moment that NCIS uses when the cases are family related. It was nice to see Vance get a episode this season, I feel like their not using him enough this season.
  • what happened to the fun?

I think it is a good thing that Vance got to play a big part, because we do not see so much of him lately, but .. oh I missed the fun and the humour! One of the "pillars" of NCIS has always been the humour. We see less and less of it. Pity.

• The Good Son

This was a pretty good episode -- one of the best for season 9 (relatively speaking) -- and one for the books for Vance. A terrific performance from Rocky Carroll from start to finish. Sad ending, a tad predictable (except I guess for the part where the Michael turned out to be the shill).

Best news: No JLC..
  • Good but predictable!

Let's be fair about this. After 9 seasons, it must be difficult to get something new into the mix.

The interaction between Gibbs and the Psycop (Jamie Lee Curtis) is, IMHO a non starter and should be terminated ASAP. It's a story line with nowhere to go.

The title and the apparent angelic lifestyle of Vance's family member pretty much make it inevitable that he was going to be the culprit, so the story was compromised from minute one.

The Tony side story didn't do much for me but when it brought out Gibb's respect for him as an agent despite, or indeed because of his "yabber" I was quite pleased with that.

The "Tiva" moments were few but still enjoyable and I have always wondered why no one has apparently ever mentioned to her that the rescue/revenge operation in Africa was down to Tony's basic anger at the, then situation.

I think, if she was given this detail, the "Tiva" situation would get a serous kick in the direction the fans want.

All in all, this really was a "filler" episode. Enjoyable but not great.

Hope they do better, next week.
  • Awesome

I don't know how you can say that it was predictable. Isn't it never the first person that they think it is. Well, it actually was in this episode. Rocky Carroll was fantastic and the wife did a good job too. The story line was actually interesting and new for a change. I can't find much that was wrong about that episode except for a very small lack of great humor, but none the less a very strong episode.
  • The NCIS Team Investigates The Death Of A Petty Officer. But Who The Trail Leads To Angers And Stuns Director Vance.

One word: excellent. Up to this point, this is without the best episode of this season. There are plenty of elements here that make this episode work very well. The case was very well written. Terrific nail biting suspense that will keep viewers guessing to the very end is another highlight too. The case was interesting and I never lost my interest. My favorite scene was when Tony pursued the suspect through the neighborhood. The best thing in this episode is the fact that it's completely centered to Leon Vance. He is a very good character and I'm glad we got to see more of him. Rocky Carroll gives his best performance to date. When this episode first began, I was worried we might get an episode where it's painfully obvious that the character who is blamed for a murder, is actually innocent. I was glad to see that it was not anything like it. The surprising twist in the end made this episode work very well. Also the ending was emotional. Leon is a nice family man. Now the show is in its 9th season and it continues to deliver fantastic episodes. Another good thing about this episode is the absence of Jamie Lee Curtis. Her character is very hard to take seriously. Excellent.
  • One of the best of the season, for sure.

OK, right off the bat, I hate Vance and have always hated Vance, so I am never particularly excited by an episode revolving entirely around him, but this one was very interesting actually, and definitely one of the better ones of the season!

Another interesting use of a family member. I was a little disappointed at first that it was going to be another Tony DiNozzo Snr. style of episode, where he comes in, gets accused of murder, they find the real killer and he disappears out of our lives. But surprisingly enough, that wasn't the case, and hthe episode improved as it went on.

I do hope that NCIS can return to better epsiodes. This season has been tremendously below-par, but hopefully this is a sign of improvement.
  • The Good Son

The good son was perfect i always love to see the other actors take a more active role in NCIS and Rocky Carroll did a great job, there is always some mystery surrounding him thats why i love to watch him act
  • I liked it

Tony trying to be quiet because of the comment Gibbs wrote about him was funny. Not enough Tony and Ziva scenes for my liking.