NCIS

The Good Son

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Mar 27, 2012 on CBS

• The NCIS Team Investigates The Death Of A Petty Officer. But Who The Trail Leads To Angers And Stuns Director Vance.

One word: excellent. Up to this point, this is without the best episode of this season. There are plenty of elements here that make this episode work very well. The case was very well written. Terrific nail biting suspense that will keep viewers guessing to the very end is another highlight too. The case was interesting and I never lost my interest. My favorite scene was when Tony pursued the suspect through the neighborhood. The best thing in this episode is the fact that it's completely centered to Leon Vance. He is a very good character and I'm glad we got to see more of him. Rocky Carroll gives his best performance to date. When this episode first began, I was worried we might get an episode where it's painfully obvious that the character who is blamed for a murder, is actually innocent. I was glad to see that it was not anything like it. The surprising twist in the end made this episode work very well. Also the ending was emotional. Leon is a nice family man. Now the show is in its 9th season and it continues to deliver fantastic episodes. Another good thing about this episode is the absence of Jamie Lee Curtis. Her character is very hard to take seriously. Excellent.