NCIS

Toxic

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Apr 07, 2009 on CBS

• You've messed with the wrong forensic scientist...checkmate

Abby is recruited to take over in a lab and work on a special project. There was a lot to love in this episode. Tony, McGee and Palmer taking "care" of Abbys lab was simply hilarious especially because it wasn't Tony who made the big mess but Tony. Ziva and the boss on their own were also good for a chuckle. Gibbs talking to the guy in charge of the lab made me think of a dog. Gibbs was growling and shouting at the manager of the lab but was all sweet and dainty as soon as Abby showed up on the screen (if he had been a dog he would have wagged his tail LOL). On the whole though there was too little Gibbs/Abby for my taste. This was after all an Abby episode and I had hoped for something meatier if you know what I mean. I thought the interaction between the old war veteran (won't spoil you about him) and Abby was the most interesting. She really got attached to him and in the beginning he reminded me a lot of an old Gibbs - a soldier who has done a lot of black ops (just like Gibbs) and proudly serves his country even after having retired from the armed forces (same here). I am quite sure it was no coincindence. All in all a good episode: an interesting case, good character interaction and LOTS of Abby. If the episode had had more Abby and Gibbs then I would have given it a perfect score ;-)