Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide

New Grade / Dodgeball

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Sep 24, 2006 on Nickelodeon

I hadn't seen Ned's Declassified in years, and today, I happen to have caught a rerun of it, and man, did it make me nostalgic. I've always loved this show, but I still laugh at everything that's said years later.

Scott Fellows is just a hilarious writer, and we just got so many funny gestures from the cast. I do think people were disappointed by the premiere though due to the crazy finale prior to this, but it was just a well-done episode.

You wouldn't think tips on dodge ball would be interesting, but they definitely made it work here. Favorite part would have to be when Moze told Ned the story on why she decided not to play dodge ball. I literally could not stop laughing. Hats off to one of Nickelodeon's most underrated shows.
  • Ned, Cookie and Moze are back, and they have 8th grade to face.Ned accidentaly becomes a bully and Moze returns to dodgeball, after a sudden retirement because of an injury she thought she caused.

You might have noticed that I rated this high for something that is (for all intents and purposes) a filler episode. Well I enjoyed it, but it seemed to just not really tie into last season's shocker of a finale. Ned and Moze seem back to buisness as usual.. But we do finally see some advancement in Cookie/Lisa, which is a loose end from the previous season. This episode showed what I expected, the first day and all that, but I was hoping for something more than that in the second episode. Dodgeball was better than the one before it, because it seemed reminicent of the first episode.. Overall this was good, there was nothing particulary good about it.
  • There back and school and something about Dodgeballs

Dang it the first day of school episode once more. Now Ned tries to be more tougher and beats up Loomer and I like the part when Ned beat up everyone outside.Cookie thinks he's gorgeous but he nerdly gorgeous that's what every one i know said. Moze tries to be nicer. Then Loomer beats up Ned but it was Moze then Suzie likes Ned better and Gordy downloads movies from the internet. The Loomer and his team want to destroy everyone in a game of dodgeball Man I love playing Dodgeball and Cookie turns to the dark side and has a Darth Vader voice what the heck is up with at LOL and Moze use the Force with is the name of a powerfull dodgeball LOL !
  • Ned, Moze, and Cookie are now in the 8th grade and Ned accidentally becomes the new school bully. Ned is the captain of the dodgeball team and must beat Loomer without Moze.

Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide: Guide to New Grade and Dodgeball are two really well done episodes! They're are both hilarious and very informative, like most episodes! In New Grade, Ned, Moze, Cookie, Suzy, Lisa, and everyone else is now in the 8th grade and Ned accidentally becomes the new school bully. Moze tries to be nicer. Lisa doesn't waer glasses anymore and isn't allergic and Cookie tries to make his move. lol! In Dodgeball, Ned becomes the team captain of the dodgeball team and he tries to beat Loomer's team, which includes Cookie. Moze says she never wants to play dodgeball again (she's the best player in the school) but then she helps Ned beat Loomer's team.
  • New Grade:the gang in know in the 8th grade. Ned becomes a bully. Moze has an evil english teacher. Cookie likes the new Lisa Zemo. Dodgeball:Ned is the dodgeball captain and has to beat Loomer in dodgeball without Moze, the best player in school.

This episode wasn't the best opener for the season but it wasn't the worst. I liked the beginning how Ned and Moze's new grade resolutions were not to scare as easily and Moze's was not to be so agressive. In this episode Gordy had some really good lines like "you guys have grown a lot in just one weekend." then he says "wow! that was some party." Also another good line was "... I can't answer that due to the fact that I'm 40." I liked the episode dodgeball better then new grade. I enjoyed how it was like a take off on Star Wars. That was funny like when Coach Dirga said "use the force Moze," and Moze and Ned were very confused because they didn't know were that voice cam from, but then Dirga comes out with the volleyball that says force on it. The ending was the best part though because when the people picked up Moze she ducked under the door but Ned on the other hand didn't so he banged his head and then they all fell over. That was very funny. So overall the episode wasn't horrible but not amazing.
  • OK episode,

Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide,
    In this episode Ned and friends enter into the 8th grade. Moze wants to be nicer. Ned wants to be tougher. Moze has troule ajusting to her new english teacher. Ned by accident beats people up.Next: Because it is raining during gym they are forced to play dodgeball.
  • Oh right, teenagers totally ignore what happened last year!!!

I was really glad to see new episodes of this show. I totally love this show and it is really good. I was hoping to see some type of continuation of last year but apparently the writers forget last year.

New grade: THis episode sort of dragged and didnt bring much to the show but it was fun to watch. I love Moze and her issues for this episode. OMG I was totally shocked to see Mo COllins, I love her and she did a great job on this show. SHe really blends in with the humor of this show. I like how she is in a computer and still can be mean. Its funny that the students are afraid of a teacher thats who knows where in the world. Ned becomes the class bull after he accidentily knocks Lumar out. I found it hilarious that everyone became afraid of little Ned. THe whole thing with him being a bully progressed way too quickly and then got resolved very fast. BUt I did love Moze knocking Ned out and then fixing Lumars face. ANd then we have Cookie who is obsessed with Lisas new look. SHe did look very good and I actually think they would have made a cute couple with or without braces.

Dodgeball: THe classic/cliche episode that most comedy shows do. THe dodgeball episode, although this was totally better then others I have seen. Dodgeball is the sport that a lot of people like to mock and go after, it was only a matter of time the dodgeball landed in the writers minds. I loved Moze's back story. I was cracking up when she turned around to tell the story, it looked like she was about to laugh. Lumar wants to pound everyone in the gym when they play dodgeball and of course Moze is the best at the sport. Ned tries to convince her to play but it doesnt work. Coookie gets lure dinto the dark by Lumar because he likes the feeling of throwing the ball and hitting someone. On the court Moze isnt even trying. THe whole scene is hilarious but I was expecting more brutal take outs but then I remembered this was Nickalodeon. Moze throws herself intot he balls path so she can read her book but Ned keeps bringing her back in the game. Eventually she finds out her backstory is all wrong and becomes "all crazy dodgeball player". SHe destroys the competitiona nd all is fine in the school.

Despite having two very funny episodes I was severly disappointed the writers didnt play on what happened in the finale. I mean there was so much energy and feeling between them and it got ignored. I was expecting a continuance of last year but hopefully these issues come up during the year, some of the episode titles are in the love department.
  • season 3!! yes

i am so glad about the new season and i was shocked when i saw lisa zemo i thought the dogeball part was hilarious and how ned kept hitting people by accident lol! supposingly there is going to be 20 episodes and a movie episode so im very exited to what will happen this series! :D
  • Great episode yet a bit quirky

This episode was very good I believe. But some of the things changed were kind of odd. For one it seems like the end of the year thing never happened at the end of season 2. What happened to Ned and Susie dating? Or the kiss between Ned and Moze. Another thing I found different was Lisa Zemo\'s new look. It drove Cookie crazy but that makes you think this is going to be a funny season. It keeps us watching and hoping for even more funny stuff. One thing I really like was the dodgeball episode. It was a good plot and it was funny how they related it to Star Wars in so many ways. So once again this episode was good but not at its best. Peace.
  • As much as I like Ned's S.S.G(one of my 4 favorite show), the Dodgeball episode felt unoriginal to me.

7.6
    The entire dodgeball part felt like a rip from a show I watched years ago. Recess(was a cartoon) had something pretty much like it. Also, there was a Dodgeball ace who refused to play in the game and help her (his in Recess) friends because they injured another person who was pathetic/weak a long time ago and end up helping in the end.
    However, I did like the new grade episode. Gordy is still the same in the third season(which is a good thing in my opinion). I think theres been alot of changes though, hopefully it will be like the start to season 2 though, where the changes didn't stay for the episodes that followed(I find many episodes are inconsistant, however, they are still funny nevertheless)
  • As much as I like Ned's Declassified...

5.8
    This episode was nothing special. They made too many changes. Annoying as Lisa was, that was her character. Sniffing, thick glasses, etc. Cookie losing his braces nothing special, though. The first episode was very silly, fun to watch. Same with the second, actually. But the new english teacher, I hope she is not for a long time. The webcast was SUPER annoying. But Gordy is still awesome. He won't admit, cuz he's 40. I fear season 3 is the last season for Ned's Declassified. It seems like with all those cahgnes, it will be. But I hope not! This show is great!
  • It was a kewl episode, funny in ways.

the first episode was really kewl and funny. i liked lise zima\'s new look but cookie seems like hes going for her because she looks better but w/e. I liike the moment between cookie and gordy, when cookie askes do you think lise is hot and gordy says i can\'t or it would be wrong to answer that because i\'m 40. i like the moment and the end with ned and susie, the hug was cute. He looked cute with the red stuff on his cheek and sweeny\'s back AHHH!!!!the second episode was ok.