Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide

Nickelodeon (ended 2007)

SrRui

Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide Fan Reviews (351)

• Not another teen nick show.

0.0
    What a bunch of crap. Like this can teach you to get by in schoo in real life. It can't, Nick has a bad habit of making bad shows. I tell you not every thing makes a good show. But do they think of that? No they don't. Cancle this now.
  • Wasn't a show like this on ABC about 7 years ago that was similar to this?

0.0
    In my own words, this has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever watched. Its unoriginal, unfunny, and a complete waste of my or anyone else's time. Apparently, Nickelodeon doesn't get the meaning of "Good television" anymore. This show is not worth watching in any way, shape, or form. its crap. Crap, crap crap crap crap. I sat and watched this show for 5 minutes, perhaps less, and after the 5 minutes were up, I had not laughed once, nor had I cracked a smile.
  • How Stereotyped Can You Get?

0.2
    This show is pointless. Yes, middle school is difficult, but a guide really wouldn't work for middle school, and there are as many chalkboards on this show then are on CHALK-Zone. This show is stupid and the stars should be embarrassed to star on this show. It is like a live action cartoon, and I like the computer guy and the the Janitor, but a smelly teacher?! I haven't seen anything as mean since Mr. Gullible. They must be related. I think The Fairly Odd Parents, and Romeo Miller are on the show too. And If I ever saw a group of spelling bee champions like that, I would be scared, too. And I wonder why those kids didn't get in trouble for taking their pants off...
  • crappy reality tv trash on a cartoon channel

oh how i miss the days when spongebob squarepants wasn't the only cartoon on nick. its sad that nick can't seem to keep a show for too long. everytime it gets a new cartoon at the kids choice awards its cancelled after the next new cartoon comes along with the exception of back in the barnyard which is still hanging on somehow. It was a terrible show with awful dialog and random children prtrayed as idiots. The idea wasn't too terrible if they had thought to have been to be realistic. It'd be nice for kids to have a guide for school situations like a bully or an emergency accident.
  • Stupid.

Well, it is. Ned\'s Declassified School Survival guide is as dumb as it gets. This (Among Zoey 101 and Romeo) is one of the shows that ruined Nick. I hate it, my family hates it, my friends hate it. Do I need to go on? This show is way too zainy and whacky to enjoy, plus the kids couldn\'t act if their lives depended on it. Stop wasting your time and go watch Cartoon Network. TEENick sucks, and Ned\'s Declassified School Survival Guide proves it. Really, please don\'t watch this show. Well, that\'s all I have to say about that.
  • This is a ridiculous show its very childish and a waste of 30 minutes this show doesnt deserve airtime nickelodeon doesnt deserve airtime the network has gone down ever since the 90's ended wat were the producers thinking I shake my head at this n disgust

I am ver disappointed n nickelodeon and they just made my feeling stronger when they began to air this mess of a show
    this show hasn\\\'t helped it just proves the point that Nickelodeon needs to be canceled ever since the kenan and kel show got canceled nick should have been canceled too because its all been downhill since then this show ned\\\'s declassified is just childish and pure garbage I cant seriously watch this show its garbage and how can u even enjoy watching this no matter what age who can enjoy this television show I rate it two thumbs down
  • Holy crap! The favoritism around here's gotta be a joke because this show sucks!

I am so disappointed with all those saying this is their most favorite show ever! Whoever came up with this show was on crack.
    If you haven't seen this show, continue not to. If you have, turn your brain back on! This is a shere example of an original idea gone bad! Here, Nickelodeon comes out with another bad program-the only non-animated one decent now would be Drake and Josh. Ned's .... is so unrealistic and another disappointing attempt at comedy where most of the comedy comes out forced-and most of the time it's not even funny that way! Drake and Josh has quite some forced humor too (especially from Josh) but it at least has some kind of flair to it. This has none. The acting also sucks, especially from Ned, and the "tips" Ned gives suck, trust me I'm in college (at least they mention before each show that "results may vary"). Settle for another show that actually succeeds at being smart, humorous, and better acted.
  • Zoey 101 kicks this shows ***.

Ned's Declassified is not funny. The humor is sucky, the characters have lames names. How would name their kid Cookie or Moze? What kinds of names are those? This show has got to the lamest teenage show i have ever seen on Nickelodeon. They should seriously cancel this before any angry mob forms in front of their studios.
  • This show is SO stupid and dumb and also very corny.

1.1
    It is so dumb! What kid has a computer in their backpack or on their glases or in theier locker? Who has a printer in their pants? At What school, does a weasel run around and talk in a squeaky little voice? This show is the stupidest show I have ever seen! It's about 3 kids. Moze, pretty girl, Ned, geek, and Cookie, a huge nerd. they all try to make it through school. Ned has a school survival guide. None of his tips work! That dumb episode about writing on the bathroom wall. What was up with that? Are they trying to teach kids that it's ok to write on school property? The whole episode about making the school toilets blow up was so DUMB. What kind of guy dresses up as a girl and gets his nails done to impress a girl? I mean come on! This show is so stupid! Another thing is the Cornyness, well I pretty much covered that already. The principal running around with a siren on his head. That is the lamest and stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life. If I were on this show, I would be embarrasssed. Don't watch this show! Drake and Josh is better.
  • i don't like this show

1.1
    This show is so stupid, lame and corny. This is another reason why nick is going downhill. The show is about Ned who goes to school with his friends Cookie and mooze together they give tips on how to ''survive'' school. The plot is original however it isn't enough to cover how bad the show is.

First of all what kind of name is cookie, i mean who in their right mind would name their kid Cookie. the show is so unrealistic and childish, I mean the adults are so goofy, the students are so unreal and what's with the cartoon sounds. I would rather hear a laugh track then those lame cartoon sounds. the action takes place in only one place. another thing i can't stand is cookie's annoying voice why do they make him talk like that? it just doesn't make sense i mean the should be going through puberty and he talks like an 8 year old. ON the other hand is the corny i mean Ned spends all the show obbsesing with this girl suzzy as if, there wasn't anyother chicks out there while in other shows we see the main character have more than one crush or Boy/girlfriend seriously nick needs to get real i'd rather waste my time somewhere else
  • Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide is not only unamusing, but it's something that we have all seen before, teen oriented, and frankly, I never liked shows like this to begin with.

1.1
    Before I start the review, I would like to ask everyone a question. Do you remember Nickolodean about a decade ago? I sure do, it was great. It was all about the little kids, all it had was cartoons that kids from the age of 7 to 10 years old would enjoy. Rocko's Modern Life, and other great cartoons made it one of the best kid's channels on the network. Later on, they made some even better cartoons, like Fairly Oddparents, Spongebob Squarepants, and the best cartoon they ever made, Invader Zim. It was perfect the way it was. But then something very bad happened. Around 2000, Nickolodean decided to aim towards teens, and started making abysmal cartoons like Rocket Power and The Wild Thornberries. As if those wern't bad enough, they started making shows about teens at their school, which were almost as bad as the new cartoons. Because of this, Nickolodean has lost everything they had a decade ago, and one of things doing this is Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide.

As if you haven't heard this before, the show has 3 main characters, all teens struggling through their adolescene life at their middle school, filled with things that all shows like this have. Bullys, evil teachers, secret crushes, and yep you guessed it, gross food. The main person is Ned, who, you guessed it, has a school survival guide, being the nerd he is. His two other friends, Moze, who is a girl, or something close to one, and the stupidest name ever made since Gaylord Focker, Cookie, who is a even bigger nerd.

What makes this show so bad? Well, there is a reason. The show presents absoulutely nothing new. Oh no! Ned forgot to study for the big history exam tommorow! How many times have you seen that, honestly, is it something that makes you want to keep watching? Hopefully not, because it's frightfully bad. There are more reasons for this show's crap, one I'd like to point out is most of it's situations and characters are not even realistic. For example, Cookie (shudders), has a computer IN HIS GLASSES. Who the crap thought of that? Not only does it just seem stupid, but it fails to add anything special to the show. You might as well be watching Lizzie Mcguire, or Unfabolous
    (the title tells you what to expect). Please. Nick, if you want to make another one of these types of shows, at least make it real.

Acting in the show is absoulutely horrific. Ned may be acting mad, but he fails to hide his nervousness by smiling every few seconds, or to be more accurate, smiling all the time.

The sound is probably the most annoying thing of the show. After every freaking sentence and action, a little stupid cartoon sound will go off. Not only is this annoying, but it also destroys any seriousness in the show, not like there can be in a stupid show like this. For example: "Ned, I'm never speaking to you again." Whirr! Do you see what I mean? In fact, I think that Nickolodean has the sounds of their cartoons and teen shows totally mixed up, because in the cartoons, your constantly hearing someone badly playing the guitar. Is Nick that retarded?

Overall, there is no hope for this show or any shows like it, as is the same for Nick, and for Disney, since they have gone for the same approach Nick has. The only channel you can trust for really trust for quality, good old cartoons for everyone is Cartoon Network. What I'm trying to say is this. Do not only avoid this show, avoid Nick and Disney in general. Go watch Camp Lazlo and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, and all the other awesome shows on Cartoon Network. Believe me, your brain will thank you for it.

• The writters did a poor job with this show. It does'nt make sence.

1.3
    for real. it does not make sence. what is the point of the show really? I mean ya it's just these kids who go to school. thats really it. and it's just does not make sence to me that much. and theres no point. and i don't like watching a show where i don't know whats happening.
  • This show is exactly as the title says. It's a survival guide. by my question is. what are they teaching. There was an episode on nick names being bad. Which was ok. But i am ready to protest their valintines special. Read review for the reason why.

1.5
    Their valentined episode was about people giving out roses on valentines. seems harmless, but its not. Mid episode they shared the story behind these 3 girls who never get roses on valentines who are called the "HUGE CREW". theres 3 girls are the ONLY slightly overweight girls in the whole episode. and they give them the nick name "HUGE CREW". What are we teaching the kids of today to do? to make fun of the different people? to ignore all the overweight kids and only befriend the normal sized kids. Adults and teenagers may know better than this, But do kids really know any better? They should get rid of their valentines episode.
  • Annoying! This show is supposedly good. All is exaggeration and stupidity.

In the middle school, Ned Bigby and his best friends will try to make the impossible, create a guide to help you survive school.
    The show is pretty funny, it´s about the situations of the school, but they make it all twisted and crazy. Everything can happen in the school.
    This show is like, you pick any situation, and it makes it a big crazy dumb situation. It´s very entertaining, actually Nickelodeon is doing a great job with some cool shows on TEENick.
    There are many characters Ned Bigby, Jennifer Moseley, Simon Nelson Cook "Cookie", Coconut head, Martin, Gordy, Vice Principal Crubbs, Loomer and his pals, Seth Powers, Mitsy, Suzie Crabgrass, Mrs. Dirga ,the huge crew, and many others characters that appear in this show. The eight graders, that actually Ned is going on 8th grade.
    But I hate Cookie, I just can´t stand him anymore, his voice is so annoying and his stupid face he does ALL the time, He is the most Annoying person in the world!!! And the show also the little sounds they play every second; there is an annoying little "background noise" effect all the time, and I just dislike it.
    At least the 2nd season is excellent.
    But there is no way, it could ever be remotely as funny as Drake & Josh.
  • This is certainly no "Drake and Josh" or "All That".

Bad Acting, horrible dialouge, and no humor. These are a few reasons why this show needs to pick itself up.

Sure, the idea was great. A T.V. show that was all about school, something that pre-teens and teens could relate to. But how the idea was carried out...

That is where Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide hits rock bottom.

First of all, the acting. To put it simply, it sucks. The characters in the show are all bland and boring. Their lines are not well written OR well said. The only exception is the janitor character that Daran Norris plays. Daran Norris can be recognized for his work in many cartoons and films. But the most of the cast members are unexperienced and bad. Just watch one episode and you will see what I mean.

The show is also very bad when it comes to humor. You can tell that they really trying with the jokes and slapstick comedy. But the end result is pathetic and sad. I'm pretty sure that no one actually laughs when the show tries to be humorous.

In conclusion, this show had potential, but wasted it. When Nickelodeon had first announced the show, I was actually looking forward to it. But after viewing a few episodes, I was let down. I suggest that you avoid this show and watch the other shows that Nickelodeon has to offer.
  • ned tells the kids at home helpful hints to get through middle school

2.4
    ok my little cousin watches this show and hes heading to middle school next yr..he watches this show like a religion and hes like totally asking me if things are like that and im like no..i told him dont follow those guidelines b/c they do not relate to real life..i have never had a bully, rumors, or anything like that happen to me in school..i was friends w/ the popular girl and we did have our cliques but no one really cared and the popular girl didnt snub you..im sorry but some of these issues may prove true but half of them are just overdramatized and makes the show horrible
  • the new kid

2.5
    i would say that episode is good but it isnt. that isnt how british people speek so when ever that episode comes on i turn the channel over or shout at the telly britsih people speek nearly the same as americans and they dont speak posh they speak gangsta language i should know im british and we do call soccer football but we call the pitch field if we want and we dont just like fish and chips i hate fish and the only chips i like are mc donalds chips we dont dress like cookie did i dress in nike and thats why i dont like that episode you amerucan gotta reelise that i like america but british people are not posh

• When I saw the commercial for this show I immediately loved it...... Well, until I watched the actual show.

I just don't get it. This show had such an original and wonderful plot, how could it turn out THIS bad?

The actors...... Errr..... Dunno' if can still call them actors, they're down right terrible. Every line, every tiny bit of humor, they exaggerate it to the point that it is painful to watch. Especially Cookie(Is that how you spell it?)! My goodness, when I think of bad kid actors he's honestly the first one I think of. I think they meant to make it this outrageous but it honestly isn't funny. If their target audience is kids below the age of 8 I completely understand but......

*sigh* Maybe I just had too high expectations for this show. I thought it would be a tiny bit realistic, something I could still relate to but with sprinkles of humor here and there. I tried REALLY hard to like this show, I really did. I spent this past week forcing myself to watch it while I told thinking myself "This stuff is hilarious.... HaHaHA....". But I honestly can't bring myself to like it. It just fails.
  • Why is this show so gay WHY WHY???

4.1
    This show is so not real! Whot the hell wears a big backpack that has a tv in it? And there middle school has lockers mine didn't have lockers and how the hell do they get a light in a locker our lockers are tiny and no kid acually would drop there pants to help there friend? this show needs to go!
  • At first, i thought the show was good. But now, i don't quite care for it and have dropped the show.

4.2
    So this is what i'm going to say about the show; i would give it a 4/10.

Most who watch it would say that its a cute, funny show for younger youth among todays society. But, if you look closer, it is in a lot of ways, a quite poorly done show.

Its actors/actresses, do not perform well in the second season and up. The first season was fine. They were fresher and more excited for the show making them perform better. But after a brief break and starting the second season, it was duller, almost like they're getting bored of their job.

The questionable romance plot through out the series (and many others) make it seem like its okay to have a boyfriend or girlfriend at such a young age. These kids aren't even in grade eight!

The idea of storylines being among Tips for school, closes many doors; it vastly cuts down episode possibilities. Near the end of the last season, you will notice that they are making episodes on very silly things such as nicknames and things that do not even relate to school all that much!

The only part i found enjoyable in this show was the music score, it was clever and fun! But I would still rate this show quite low as I do not see any sense in watching a show that only has a good music score. I apologize to any viewers who take these blogs offensivly.
  • Good Show Idea, but bad presentation of it.

4.8
    Most of the time this show is pretty boring since they show the same episode again and again. I've seen some different camera views dont copy what they are doing for example, Moze had her locker open, then they zoomed out and all of a sudden its closed. I do like the idea of how they connect the first half with the second half some way. The tips usually dont apply to normal school life %75 of the time also. The storylines are realllly stupid and I suggest you don't watch this show at all. You've been warned!!!
  • Used to be Good...

5.7
    This used to be a very good show in season 1. Season 2 is when it started going downhill, in Season 3 it just became totally horrible and almost unwatchable.

It'a about Ned, Cookie, and Moze, three seventh (or now, eight) grade students who have to deal with problems such as dating, cheating, and bullies. Ned has a "Survival Guide" where he writes tips for him & his friends.

Things started going downhill in season 2 with the addition of the "Crazy" math teacher (don't know her name) plus they started using Gordy more, and got rid of Mr. Monroe.

Season 3 is just terrible because of the other crazy teacher who never leaves her house, and they're overusing VP Crubbs, and underusing Sweeney & Mr. Wright. Also, it's just plain not funny anymore.

In season 1, I would have given it a 7.5
    Season 2 I would give it a 6.5
    Season 3 I would give it a 3
    So for overall, I give it a 5.7
  • Not the greatest thing on Nick, its not even that funny!

5.8
    Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide is agood show, when there's really nothign else on. I mean, it is pretty good from time-to-time, but come on, half this stuf is fake, and none of it is funny. THey try to hard with the jokes, and tips. The tips don't even work at most schools, and it doesn't help anybody with middle school probloms. All the tips are base mainly on storeotypes in the middle school. Which wont help anybody out. But like I said, only good if you have nothing better to do.
  • Wow.

Some so like this one would be better to be on Nickelodeon instead of that stupid Disney Channel.It's fine to a perfect channel and it's better than all of those very stupid Disney Channel shows.It's one of the best shows on Nickelodeon and it's one of the best tennage shows ever.It's really not bad people and it's better than that stupid The Naked Brothers Band.I would say that it's really a lot better than that stupid Boy Meets World or anything like that.I can now grade this show a C because it was not perfect,but not bad for me or anybody.
  • It was good at first, but then it started going downhill after season 2.....

Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide was actually an entertaining show to watch on TEENick. It was original, funny, and clever. It had some interesting storylines, and it was funny, despite the annoying cartoon sounds. It provided some good tips, but after season 2, the show just got boring. Season 3 became such a cliched romance plot between Ned and Moze, who they tried desperately to get together. I lost interest in the show at that point. I'm sorry if you're a fan of Ned and Moze being together, but they honestly don't make a good couple. Ned finally gets with Suzie, who he's liked since 4th grade, and all of a sudden he has a crush on his best friend? That just ruined the show. Moze...well, she crushes on really popular guys, so why would she be interested in her average friend all of a sudden? The third season was more about their romance than actual school problems. The show could have ended better, like all of them graduating 8th grade as just friends instead of ending in a field trip where best friends end up hooking up. Overall, it was good, until they focused on getting Ned and Moze together.
  • it's not really a decent show.....

it kinda, really sucks out loud.
    it's not a good show.
    but a stupid show, a very stupid show.
    its very crapy.
    but i can see that the actersd have a good time doing the show but still it SUCKS OUT LOUD!
    it very boring and its very unessesary show to watch. who ever likes this show probally dose good and bad in school.
  • I think this show had potential, but needs fine tuning.

6.2
    I think this show was good at first, but starting going downhill with "guides" that were useless. Most schools only do earthquake, fire and flood drills so why would you make a 15 minute episode about emergency drills. Its as easy as get under the desk, exit quietly. The show really was good to begin with, just the acting didn't stay that good.
  • Polk Middle School hilarity.

6.4
    I was just watching an episode of Ned's Declassified. As you know, the name of the junior high they go to is Polk Middle School. In one of the scenes, Cookie was trying to get a date with hot Liza. I saw a sign in the background about something do to with Polk Middle School. Except it was abbreviated. Polk Middle School is P.M.S.! Some of you have probably realized that, but I just did. Ha, p.m.s.
  • A pretty decent show with interesting humour.

The idea of this show was actually a very cool one. Having a guide to surviving every aspect of school is something I wish was around in real life. Some of the tips they offered are actually really good though, like when it comes to dealing with bullies and handling homework. Like any other show aimed at younger teens and preteens, the characters in this show were crazy and loud and showed little development over the course of the show, but it was still fun to watch them interact as they tried to survive their middle school year. This show was fun when it first aired, but it too suffered a decline in quality as it went on and eventually lost it's magic.
  • This television series is about a middle schooler named Ned Bigby, supplying tips to viewers in order to do well in school, and get out of bad situations. This show had it's flaws, but it seemed to go though well.

The idea of a television series giving tips to viewers to do well in school was a very well idea. The problem was, the show went downhill when they began to run out of storylines for some episodes. The show began with a typical sixth grader named Ned Bigby, who is new at James K. Polk Middle School. "Me and my best friends try to do the impossible, create a guide that'll help you survive school" - actor Devon Workheiser says in the introduction. He, along with is two friends, Simon Nelson Cook, "Cookie" and Jennifer Mosely, "Moze" live through middle school together and go through typical school situations. There are two nine - twelve minute episodes per every show, excluding specials. Few things they talk about are standard school subjects such as Mathematics and Science, being organized, extra credit and much more. This show was decent, and ended with a one hour special involving a school field trip. Catch this show on Nickelodeon, you may find it interesting, and maybe even helpful if you are struggling in school. Enjoy!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10