Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide

Nickelodeon (ended 2007)

Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide Fan Reviews (353)

• This is what you call a teen show, no stupid drama, no laugh track, no bad plots, and it is actually informative and funny.

I personally find it criminal to see that the producers at Nickelodeon gave this show the ax so soon. In Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, it centers around Ned Bigby, a 13 year old teenager who is clever and smart. Ned creates a school survival guide that is ever growing and gives great information to help kids deal with stuff like bullies, tests, and so on. He is joined by Moze, a smart and funny girl who was never really one of the girls and spends most of her time with Ned. Finally Cookie, a smart but clueless person who is actually rich, but doesn't tell anyone. All 3 of them must survive middle school and have wacky adventures throughout. The acting is great in this show. Everyone does a solid job of acting and portraying the characters' personalities so well. The characters also get a great amount of depth and a unique personality. The comedy in this show blew me away. There were so many funny jokes and gags that never seemed to stop and each episode got better with the jokes. The plots are usually about Ned and his friends dealing with stuff that everyone deals with in school, and I love the idea. In what other show do you see informative an entertaining ways to deal with bullies, cafeteria food, teachers, tests and quizzes, gym, extra credit. I haven't even scratched the numerous things this show has. There is also a running gag with a school janitor named Gordy, who is trying to catch a weasel but always fails in comedic fashion. Gordy is actually a brilliant and kind hearted man who always has the right advice for Ned and his friends. I really wished Nickelodeon didn't pull the plug so soon on this show, it deserved to last longer than 3 seasons. Nick, the people have spoken on this website, we want to see this show brought back again. Get rid of iCarly and True Jackson and put this show back on the air. If you are a person who is about to enter or in middle school, I really recommend this show to you, and you can see it on the Teen Nick channel at 4 PM (depending on what region you live in).
  • I get why Nick cancelled this show, but I still wish they didn't.

Ned's Declassified is a really great show. It gives kids tips on what they can do to help them in school and some of them are really useful. This show is one of the best live action shows Nick ever had on, and it always made me laugh. The series finale was the best series finales to a show ever. One thing that I enjoyed with this series was the fact that Ned has to face everday trials that kids and teenagers have to face today, such as tests on the same day, how to get organized, and stuff like that. But my most fave part of the series is defintely the comedy and the characters. The comedy is hillarious and I love all of the characters, especially Moze. I really wish it was never cancelled, but I know why it was. You can only have so much amount of tips, and eventually, they ran out. That was probably the only reason why it was cancelled. So in conclusion I do love Ned's Declassified, and I wish they would have kept it on longer.
  • This used to be my favorite show on Nick...

Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide is defiantly not what I expected it to be. I didn't have high hopes for this show. In fact, I didn't even watch the first season because I didn't know any of the actors and it seemed pointless. But one day when I did decide to tune in, I was in love with it. Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide is about a boy named Ned who makes up tips to survive middle school. Most of the tips work in real life, though. It's a really good sow to watch and it was one of the last good shows on Nick.
  • Good ol' Ned's...

Ned's Declassified was a great show. I first saw it in either Fall 2005 or Winter 2006. (I forgot) Anyway, they had some good tips. The main characters were Ned (The boy who writes tips for his peers), Moze/Jennifer (Kind, hardcore athlete), and Cookie/Simon (Computer Wiz). In each episode, the kids would have a certain problem about middle school and Ned would give advice about what to do in that situation. I miss this show a lot. I've recently heard stuff about a High School spin-off of the show. That would be great. If they do, keep up the good work Ned!
  • It's one of those shows that; you know it's childish... but, still, it's pretty enjoyable.

When I first heard of this show, I thought of this as a childish one; I mean, Nickelodian dosen't need the teennick spirit!

But, lately, I really have a liking to it. The characters were all steyotypes, but, still, it talks about real life situations, with some of the best nick effects. And, it's the only one live action show I know that has 15 minuet episodes, which is good when your going for something short.

So, BTW, I really like the acting, but, I really wish Nick would show it much more. It's still a good show to my heart's content.
  • I remember when I was in Jr. High. This shows give lots of tips.

Ned's Declasified school survival guide is the best show for Jr. High students. The show helped me (a little bit). So it should help other people (maybe a lot or a bit). Well I liked the part when Susie came back to Polk Middle school. Ned was sooo so so happy. I had a feeling Mose and Ned would be a couple ever since I first saw this show. How cute. I just wish I could get a girlfriend. Well I kinda wish I had Cookie's brains because then I'd be an A honor roll student. Now I'm done with this reveiw.
  • This is actually my favorite Teen Nick show.

For anyone who's ever experienced boat loads of problems in school (like me), then this show is a definite must see. Ned's Declassified is a really useful show when it comes to giving tips on how to survive school and the trouble that comes with it. Of course, sometimes they do exaggerate the problems you might go through, but that's only natural considering the fact that it's a kid's series. All in all, though, most of the scenarios were realistic. It's able to teach and help kids while keeping them entertained at the same time. The best part is it's also a hilarious show with a lot of original jokes and good humor that, for me, is always entertaining. Each character is cool and relatable, especially Ned and Moze in my honest opinion. I really wish it hadn't been cancelled, but eventually, you run out of tips to use, and you can't keep the show going anymore. Otherwise, it could become really repetitive and they'd start ripping the older episodes off. Even then, I'm sad that it's cancelled, and I even cried a little when the finale aired. I will always remember Ned's as my favorite Teen Nick show.
  • Great thinking putting it back on, Nick.

I forgot how much I liked this show until I watched a couple of reruns that Nick put on. I think it was SO smart of them putting this back on, because I'm pretty sure it was on of the most popular shows on TEENNick. One of the things I love about it is the fact that it's so cheesy (the effects and all that...) like an episode I watched last week, Sweeny fell out a window, and you could totally tell it was a dummy and the punching effects with all the colors and stuff, I think all that was purposely added to make it funnier. All the actors are perfect for playing their characters, and (unless it's just REALLY good acting) all of the main characters seem to have pretty good chemistry. This show is the perfect balance between a comedy, and couple stuff (not like...*gags*....Disney shows...just kidding...sorta) and will have you laughing a lot.

Grade: A+ (Ned didn't even get one of those in the show....haha..)
  • Nick was smart to put this back on.

For once a good show is brought back to Nickelodeon! This is definitely one of the better shows on Nickelodeon, and the advice Ned gives seems like it would be very useful. The show can be a tad too unrealistic at times, like the parts with the weasel, but it's still awesome and so funny at times, like in one episode where Ned, Cookie, and Lisa suck in helium and talk funny and in another episode where Coconut Head loses the spelling bee and cries. There are also some episodes where I feel very sorry for Ned, like Study Hall, but this show is overall very awesome and I'm so glad Nick put it back on!!!!!! Marebear2009, out!
  • One of the funniest teen shows I had ever seen since "The Adventures of Pete & Pete" : )

Ned's has to be the funniest Nickelodeon series since their run of great shows from the 1990's.The first episode I saw ironically was the last one (Field Trip
    Edition) and it was hysterical so I had to see all of the episodes leading up to "Field Trip".The cast is absolutely's a shame that it only lasted 3 seasons : (

If the entire series is available on DVD,I would LOVE to have it in my collection.What made this show so special was that it showed the trials of what teens go through everyday at school,but from lighter comical side of things.
  • Great show, but sadly ended... Nick always ends their greatest shows and brings out the dumb ones.

Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide is my favorite show ever and probably will be for a very long time. The character all fit their parts. It was just so great.

There is Ned. He is the main character, as of course, his name is mentioned in the show's name. And I'm sure thats as far as I have to go in the debate for the "mainest" character.

Anyways, Ned started out the show short, and kind of geeky. Really, his size (height) was awkward for a kid his age, or at least for a kid his age in that school. (James K. Polk Middle School) That was a pattern in the series. All schools mentioned were named after presidents. In one season three episode, a school named Jefferson Middle School was mentioned.

So my opinion on Ned? A great character. His tips were really good. He created like 100+ tips in the whole series and put together a notebook called "The Guide". There are tips on almost every school matter you can think of. From Reading to Math and School Car Washes to Spirit Week. From Dares to Secrets and Recycling to Lockers. Yes, The Guide has it all.

Ned has two main best friends. One is Moze. She's okay but in my opinion, a little too forceful. She likes to force her friends Ned and Cookie, (I'll get to Cookie soon) into dumb things and usually wins (I hate when the girl beats the boy) in battles against each other. She was also Ned's best friend since the diaper days. I think that is what kind of got her and Ned together in the end. (I'll explain relationships later, as well)

Cookie is another of Ned's best friends. He's black (not to be racist or anything) and is usually in a great mood. He's usually a great character. Really funny. But in the third season, it was like in every freakin' episode, he was chasing after this girl, Lisa Zemo. (He previously paid no attention to her when she was a geek in seasons one and two) That got annoying to me.

Suzie Crabgrass was Ned's life-long crush. Or, at least he had a crush on her since the fourth grade when he met her. Suzie Crabgrass is played by Christian Serratos, who I am a big fan of. (If you know me as Dirk4MVP, you'd surely know that.) She is very attractive in my opinion, and I was a huge Ned/Suzie fan, but sadly, it didn't turn out that way.

Ned and Suzie started officially dating in Season 3. Things were getting great, but then, Ned started to act weird around her, and worst of all, she moved out of state mid-way through the season. Fortunately, as soon as Ned and Moze were trying to develop a relationship, Suzie came back during the last second of the second-to-last episode of Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide. Things started to get better as Ned and Suzie were again boyfriend and girlfriend coming into the series finale. But then at the end, Ned announces he and Suzie, "aren't working out". So he and Moze then start a relationship, and since then, it has been really painful to watch those kinds of episodes. Look at a picture of Christian Serratos and you'd see why. I have about 25-30 pics of her saved in my computer.

Other characters in the series (many of them) include: BOYS: Coconut Head, Martin Querly, Seth Powers, Billy Loomer, Crony, Buzz, and a few others. GIRLS: Lisa Zemo, Claire Sawyer, the Huge Crew (three girls that have a crush on Ned in the first season) Evelyn Kwong, and also some more.

The teachers in this show are average in my opinion. My favorite one would have to be Mr. Sweeney, the science teacher. Other teachers happen to be Dr. Xavier, (math teacher) Mr. Wright, (reading teacher) Mr. Monroe, (life science teacher) Coach Joy Dirga, (athetics coach) Mr. Chopsaw, (woodshop teacher) and... would you consider a janitor a teacher?

Oh well. In my opinion, the best character, (by best, I mean funniest) the one, the only, GORDY!!! He's the janitor at James K. Polk Middle School and to me, he is the funniest character on the show! Bravo to Gordy!!

So as you can see, (I am now reaching 700+ words on this review) I care so much about this show, I'm willing to break my hands off to write a long long long review. So if you're reading this, thank you for reading this far down. I guess I am done, but one more time:

Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide is perhaps the best television show in history of Nickelodeon, and possibly the whole world! A big thanks goes to the writers, directors, and producers of this show for making such a great sitcom! Your show is so great, I'm now reaching over 800 words! Thank you!
  • This show is great! I don't understand why it got cancelled. With this and Drake and Josh being cancelled, TEENICK is going downhill fast.

Ned Bigby, and his two best friends, Jennifer Mozely, and Simon Nelson-Cook create a guide to help survive school. The guide contains tips from being vice- boyfriends and girlfriends to doing well in spelling bees. Ned is your average teenager, who faces normal problems, such as girl trouble and grades. Simon, AKA Cookie, is a smart, humorous boy. He is always coming up with schemes with Ned to try to save normal problems. Then there is Jennifer Mozely. She is Ned's best friend who is very athletic, smart and funny. Ned and Moze are not really sure if they could love eachother, but viewers know they do.
  • Awesome

This show is very awesome, because it shows what 13 year old's go through when you're at school. And the show is so funny and the characters description are so good, because they play the character they are supposed to play. Thats why I think this show is so fabulous.
  • Is this show the greatest or what?!

This is all about school! Does anyone actually use those tips in real life? I wonder whaen they\\\'ll make a new episode cause the old ones I\\\'m still not tired of yet! Just one little ensey beensey thing: When in the world does it come on?!?!!! I don\\\'t want to miss it again!!!
  • Ned Bigby, a 13 year old boy in the 7th grade give tips on how to survive middle school. He and his two best friends, Cookie and Moze, are there with him to go through the typical problems of a teenager.

Ned\'s Declassified School Survival Guide is so awsome! Its gives some prety helpful tips now and then and is so fun to watch! I cannot wait for the second season! I am really excited to see what kinds of tips Ned will give next and what will happen to them!
  • Helpful and Informational

This show is made to help kids through middle school. It involves Ned Bigby and his friends Moze and Cookie who are making it through middle school. They get help from their teachers and the school janitor, Gordy. If you need help with bullies, embarassment, or getting organized, you can turn to Ned to help you. This show has funny characters and gags, such as Gordy chasing after a weasel, who is always hiding somewhere in the school. Cookie the hightech geek is Neds best friend and always help him. Moze is Neds other best friend who he ends up going out with. I hope there is a sequel involving high school.
  • I loved it!

I can never get tired of this show. It's a show about three kids, which surprised me there wasn't a 'stupid' friend, they were all equally smart, and Missie (please excuse if I'm wrong), the girl who cares about fashion, really isn't that annoying and stuck-up. I'm glad at the plot of this show, and the acting is fair, but not that bad. Ah, those days when TV was actually bearable.

EDIT: As I said before, Moze was the 'sporty' one, but she had multiple interests and didn't devote all her time to that. Cookie was the more smart and technological one, but liked other things too, like hanging out with his friends and of course, digging through the tunnels of the school. Ned wasn't the stupid one, he was equally smart and had many interests.

I also want to say Cookie was rich, but he didn't rub it in anyone's face or anything.

And to all you folks saying 'the situations in this school never happen' it's not SUPPOSED to happen. The main tip is said at the end, but they have to make it funny for the kids. Would you watch a tutorial about 'how to survive school' with only one person, or a show with a whole set of characters that actually have diversity?
  • This show is so good i could cry :*(

I Miss this show so much!!! Its one of the best shows EVER!!! This show will forever be on my top 5 shows list. The humor is great the story is great and the choice of characters are great. I think the only reason they took this show off the air was because there was nothing else that kids could have problems with at school. I couldn't even think of anything? I could just hug Nickelodeon for airing this show instead of it being aired on Disney or something. My favorite character would probably be the janitor. I think his name is Gordy? IDK something like that but I wish they passed this show again and all the episodes. Nick made the right choice.
  • Perfect

This show was about Ned Bigby and his attempts at surviving in middle school thorugh, bad teachers, field trips, and, of course, love/crushes. When I was younger I didn't really enjoy this show, which is sad because when I watch it now I'm sad to see it go the way of cancellation. It was funny to see all the characters, and the situations they got into, it was a very comical show for nick. I didn't really care for all the tips they gave out, but it was forgivable. This is definitly one of Nick's best shows in the last decade or so. 10/10 A+
  • How To Survive Middle School

This show focuses on Ned Bigby, a kid who has a guide on surviving various things in school. He gets help and gives advice to many characters- his best friends Simon Nelson Cook {Cookie}, and Jennifer Moze. He also has bully problems, teacher problems, and relationship problems throughout the show. This show was really good and I miss it. I know it was only for middle school, but I wish we could see their adventures in high school or something. Apparently Ned's actor might star in a new series about high school. Be cool.

Overall grade for this series: A. Perfect for all
  • I Can't Wait for Ned's Declassified HIGH School Survival Guide!

Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide was one of my favorite shows, and now that they started to replay episodes, it still IS one of my favorite shows! Ned's Declassified circles around Ned Bigby, a kid who goes to James K. Polk Middle School and has a guide to survive every little obstacle that goes his way. Along with his two best friends, Simon Nelson "Cookie" Cook and Jennifer Mosely, he will use the guide, which he created to help him and anybody watching the show survive school.

If this show wasn't replayed, I would have purchased all of the episodes off of iTunes and I'd be sitting in front of my computer screen, watching them like there was no tomorrow. Now that they've replayed it, I'm so happy, because it is one of my favorite Nickelodeon shows! I love them for that! P.S. Devon Werkheiser ROCKS.
  • HILLARIOUS! AND GOOD FOR YOU! I don't know why my Tivo grabbed that first episode, but now i'm hooked! It's not just for kids, i am finding so much to laugh at in every episode!!

I don't like modern kid shows, but somehow my Tivo grabbed this (maybe one of my key words), but after watching the first episode a few weeks ago, i find this show to be so hillarious!!! And i'm not a kid. It reminds me of Shrek, a cartoon that can be enjoyed by kids, but clearly made for adults? This was clearly made for kids, but has so much in there for us adults. There's alot in there that i don't even know how kids get: The VICE Principal has a whole Miami Vice vibe, with his wardrobe and shades, and even wants to become a PI in Miami(on the episode where he wins a lottery)...and that's only a small example (i'm watching an episode right-now, as typing).
    My Hero: the evil science teacher! Bwahahahaha!!!
  • A "different" show about 3 middleschoolers suriving school by a guide.

This show is the best!!! Nick has done a terrific job!!! Its a never-before-made show about a junior high kid named Ned and his pals Mose and Cookie that have created a guide to survive Middle School. This show is funny and creative! This show makes middle school fun. Ned and his friends go on zanny fun adventures to help kids survive school. This show teachs you about school and its fun because you never know what Ned and friends are going to do next. The characters are fun and zippy!!! This show is definatly cool!!!
  • Ned's Declassified is a really cool show. Bring it back!

Ned's Declassified School Surival Guide has so many descriptions. It was one of my favorite TV shows. The biggest reason why I liked the show was because it was funny. Seriously, the tips that Ned Bigby give to people actually help them survive school! What, it helps me. So? It's been a really cool show. But it's to bad they are cancelling it. I am going to miss this show. My favorite character is Jennifer Mosely. She is really smart, and she plays volleyball. This may sound weird, but my friend's favorite character is... is... Simon Nelson Cook! So hilarious!
  • This show is about a boy who has a survival guide about school.

In this show the three main characthers are Mosby, Cookie, and Ned. Ned writes a school survival guide and includes everything about school and different issues. The story also relates to them because they are having those issues. For example an episode about bad hair days the charathers themselves have a bad hair day. This show is really funny and includes tons of jokes and funny puns. I would recomend this show because its really funny and although it is a " Kids" show it is funny for all age groups. I would also recomend you watch all seasons so you can see how much everyone has changed. This show is on Nick
  • Awesome show

Hilarious and funny. This show was great and I loved how all the characters acted. And there wasn't a laugh track. Thank goodness. We don't need to be told when to laugh, we'll know if it's funny or not on our own. Great show!
  • Thanks for all the help Ned!

This show is hilarious, and sorta strange, but that's what makes it great!This show is about a boy named Ned Bigby (that spelled right?) makes a guide on how to get past school, and also has weird adventures in his school with his friends Moze and Cookie. I really miss this show it was really awesome! It was even a great series finale to make a movie. Hopefully there will be a spinoff that has Ned going to high school! At least for now Ned is back on Nick every weeknight at 8pm! 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98,99, 100 words. 10/10
  • Great Show

Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide is a fun, silly show. It's based around Ned Bigby ( Devon Wherskinater ), your average middle schooler, Jennifer "Moze" Mosely ( Lindsey Shaw ),  a straight-A student who plays volleyball, Simon "Cookie" Cook ( Daniel Curtis Lee ) , a computer geek and Ned's best friend, and Gordy ( Darren Norris ) , the school janitor who always helps Ned and his friends.

Ned has a school survival guide, which helps him and his friends get out of situations. Each episode is about a certain subject, and Ned provides tips throughout the episode. Each episode has 3 plots, one that revoles around Ned, one about Cookie, and one about Moze. Gordy usually helps out with one or more of the plots, and sometimes has his own.

The comedy is good, and the show is just plain fun to watch. It's made by Jack Mackie, who's shows always have a different kind of comedy. I like his shows, though. Sound effects are also added to the show.

Overall, I recommend this show.
  • A great show!

I like this show, why you ask? It's very funny with the sound effects, the cast is amazing, and every episode gives me a laugh. The show starts off with 3 teens in middle school named Ned, Jennifer, and Cookie who try to survive the crazyness in middle school. I have to admit, middle school is the worst, well the one I went to. The middle school in this show seems so much fun! I'd totally hang out with the main characters! The jokes are very funny and some parts in this show basically turns into a cartoon! Really with the sound effects and the fast forward parts is hilarious! This is one great Nickelodeon show! I've seen all the episodes and I'd say the newer ones are the best! If you want a good laugh go ahead and watch this show! It's very funny!
  • One of Nick's best most clever shows. Much better than the garbage they are now airing on Nick.

Ned's Declassified School's Survival Guide is, in my opinion, the 2nd best Teenick show, 2nd only to Drake and Josh. The shows these days on Nick are garbage. It upsets me that they haven't aired reruns (if they have I haven't seen them).

The show is about a middleschooler, Ned Bigby who writes a guide to help you survive school. Ned is like most school kids, lazy and could care less about working. Cookie is the rare genius, and Jennifer is the overachiever. These are very typical characters for middle school, which makes the show realistic.

What I love about the show was the mix of comedy and outragous events mixed with realistic problems school kids encounter. The problems the trio encounter are all problems school kids go through. The tips Ned gives, for the most part, are tips that viewers could use in school which could improve their performance in school. Others are simply there for comedy reasons.

My only problem was towards the end of the series where they pushed the Ned and Jennifer romance. Why must Teenick shows have romance like this? It doesn't fit. The only good "romance" is the Ned and Suzie relationship. It was good because Suzie was Ned's crush, and I think a lot of people have crushes in middle school. The Ned and Jennifer romance is up there with the Logan and Quin romance (Zoey 101) and the developing Freddy and Sam romance (ICarly). All of these romances killed these shows for me (ICarly hopefully won't develop the FreddyxSam relationship)

I wished that there was a season w/ them in highschool. There's a hole set of problems that develop in highschool.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10