Negima! Magister Negi Magi

Wednesday 12:00 AM on TV Tokyo Premiered Jan 06, 2005 Between Seasons

Angus_Mac

Negima! Magister Negi Magi Fan Reviews (26)

• I love the show.

this is one of my favorite show it almost beats Naruto!!!! I have watched all the episodes of the show and all the episodes are good and it doesn't show so many flash backs,the character are very origanal and it has somthing that not many shows have. I would have to say there is lotsa love and comedy. there is no other show like negima! ,agister negi magi or just negima. you may not agree with me but i love negima! magister negi magi nad thats just my opinion and you can't take that away!!! that would be all.
  • What was that all about?

2.5
    What the heck was that, like what is this?. Ok, Ok im not a fan of anime and this is also the reason why anime is crap now. And it also drives cartoon fans crazy.

Ok, it's all about that 10 year old guy named Negima who had accidentally become a teacher in the classroom of girls. Many girls fell in love with Negima (what the heck)

The plots doesn't even make any sense, like girls' breast got bigger (what the heck, but im serious). It has also anime fetishism too. This isn't appropriate for kids who are 10 years below.

And people love this show, yeah right but they're wrong. Sorry fans for this.
  • Although it wasn't my favorite anime, Negima made me laugh, cry, and cheer.

A few years ago, I began reading the Negima manga and fell in love with the world. I loved the characters and the entire storyline for the most part. After reading a few volumes, I decided to try out the first anime to see how good it was. Unfortunately, if you were a big fan of the manga, the anime won't live up to it. But still, it's a great show - better than most anime I've seen.

The show is about a young magician, Negi, that leaves his country Wales to complete his wizard training. What he is told is that he will be teaching English at a school in Japan. What he isn't told is that he'll be teaching a class of 31 girls - some not even human.

The problem about the anime is the pace. In the manga, the first three to four volumes introduced us to the characters. In the anime, this takes about seven episodes. The manga dedicates about ten issues to the Evangeline Ark while the anime covers it in about two episodes. Also, the anime ends in about twenty-five volumes of the manga leaving a lot of unsolved problems and leaving the storyline incomplete.

Overall, if you haven't read the manga you may be okay with the show. I had read the manga and the show came out average. It's still a good watch, though!
  • ummm whats this for??? ...... ohh welll... :p

I really love negima!!!! its definalty 1 of my favourite animes ever!!!! the manga is also very good (though i don't like the fact that its a bit perverted)!!! . . . . . . . . . . (im using up the word count, its hard to use more than 100 words, no matter what i'm reviewing!!!)
    . . . . . . . .. .. . . . .. . getttingg closerrrr......... . . . . . . . . . . ... .. . . .. . . . .but i really do love negima!!! i don't have a favourite character, but i really like Kaede and nodoka and yue and lots more!!! oh! im over 100 words!! (lol, a shows my new best friend!!!
  • 1 of my favs

Negi Springfield is a ten year old wizard from Wales, who dreams of becoming a Magister Magi a special wizard who uses his powers to help normal people using covers such as working for NGOs. Negi's reason for becoming a Magister Magi is to find his father, Nagi Springfield, the legendary mage also known as the "Thousand Master" who many believe to be dead. After graduating from the Merdiana Magic Academy in Wales, Negi is given a duty as a cover in the real world, and training, before he actually becomes a Magister Magi. That duty is to become an English teacher at Mahora Academy in Japan. The task will not be easy, however, as Negi will become a teacher to a Middle School class of 31 older girls, each very special in her own way. The series details his time and adventures in Japan as he gains acceptance and respect from his students, helps them in their problems, and faces magical threats from inside and outside Mahora Academy. His main relationship is with Asuna Kagurazaka, his student and roommate, who dislikes him initially but later accepts him as a friend and becomes his partner, helping find clues about his father and his life.
  • i loved this anime it made me laugh,cry freak out all at the same time it was a beautiful masterpice by 6the creators but they could of actually closed it better

i loved this anime it made me laugh,cry freak out all at the same time it was a beautiful masterpice by 6the creators but they could of actually closed it better than what they did orriginally and the manga if you get the chance gives more details than the anime i digress the best thing i have seen in a long time it was actually so good that i went out and bought the whole season on dvd and i rarely do that for any anime this one touched my heart and soul with the love sorrow and other wide range of emotions
  • exellent!!!

this is my favorite show it almost beats american dragon!!!! all the episodes are good it doesnt show so many flash backs,the character are very origanal and it has somthing that not many shows have. i would have to say there is lotsa love and comedy. there is no other show like negima! ,agister negi magi or just negima. in english the words are quite wrong but the japanese is the one you should watch. you may not agree with me but i love negima! magister negi magi nad thats just my opinion and you cant take that away!!! that would be all.
  • a ten yr old kid Nefi springfield graduated from magic skool comes to japan and teaches a english class full of girls

this anime i can get enough of its funny its keeps me on the edge of my seat especially the manga its just as funny and keeps me on edge. jus like Ken akamatsus Love hina but this time theres 31 girls and 1 boy o boy how will negi get through this when all of his students smother him with love and say hes so cute i kno he will all he has to do is act maturely when things start to go down.... o wait thats kinda worse now his students with think of him diffreantly now o man.
  • A lovely show, but I'm starting to think the Mahora girls have been at the academy for too long.....

This show is about how a 10-year-old boy from Wales named Negi Springfield goes to Japan to become a teacher at an all girls school called Mahora Academy in order to become a Master Wizard. Immediatley, all the girls fall in love with him, all accept for Asuna Kagurazaka, who thinks he's a big pain. Negi ends up sharing a dorm with Asuna and her roommate, Konoka Konoe, the dean's granddaughter. The class 2A president, Ayaka Yukahiro, finds out and is furious, and the whole class ends up having a contest to see how gets to keep Negi in their dorm. The contest was to see who had the biggest bust size. Perverts..... Later in the series, Asuna and Negi become good friends, and then Asuna dies unexpectedley. Negi, with the help of Lingshen and Satomi, is able to go back in time and find her cause of death and bring her back to life. I adore this show, and it's one of my favorite animes.
  • There’s nothing really groundbreaking about the series, but if you are looking to pass the time or are a big fan of the Love Hina girl look, it is worth a try.

My first impression of the series was it was yet another harem and teen fantasy comedy, but some of the main characters showing gradual character development helped fuel my interest. It could have been Harry Potter moves into a Sorority, but because it is mostly innocent junior high girls, that rules out that idea. Maybe it’s the color of their uniforms and that there are so many girls, that the series reminds me a little bit of the early seasons of The Facts of Life, but without Mrs. Garrett; sorry, that over-developed nurse does not count.

The first season delivered well on the premise. While everyone seems to fawn over Negi-sensei, the one character who could care less ends up having to deal with him the most. Aww, that just speaks of romance to me, like Akane in Ranma ½. Other girls are introduced an episode at a time, and each gal goes through some situation where Negi and friends manage to help them out. Toward the end of the season a story arc sprouts where some girls are revealed to have special magic powers, and then there’s a big twist that’s far from the manga. Lots of silly humor and fan service, and also a lot of spell casting. But somehow the graphics are stuck in the 90’s. Also, unlike today’s popular teen dramas, the minor characters seem to stay peripheral and relegated to stereotypes in the series.

The Negima!? season gets a facelift in the graphics and sound, and starts off being more serious, yet retains some good old fantasy humor. The direct fanservice is replaced by a card system of magical girls. Each episode in the early half of the series follows a formula, which might prove boring at times, but at least ensures each character gets more than one episode of attention. Also there are some fun references for the console gamers. Setsuna gets a bigger role, and Konoka gets some nice lines. After a while, all the girls seem to know who Negi is, and it falls into the issue of What to Do Now. The spell casting variety drops, which is too bad. If you’re going to use Latin, use it!

Voice cast is always strong; they matched the Funimation cast members well with their parts, and it is funny to hear them try to do British accents. The Japanese version seems to put a lot of variety into each episode opener and closer, and makes me wonder if they should have put that effort into the story.

I’m definitely looking forward to the second series coming out in English, and the live-action one.
  • Great anime and Manga put together. So, don't even think is an wack show, becuase you have the wrong idea. G Negima!

An 10 year old boy his named was Negi Springfield. He just graduated from Magic Acdemy.His dream of becoming a master WIzard. He was sent tpo japan to teach English in High school. In that high school there only girls allow and negi must be an teacher in that school called Mahora. Negi can't tell his secret that he is an Wizard becuase if he does well, he turn into an weasel and send back home. His call Wales. When this High School student named Asuna Kagurazaka, she find out negi's secret. When she know negi's secret, negi had a tough life and things to prepare for his challenges of life becoming as a Master Wizard. Also, negi had over 31 beautiful girls on his class. He ready to face anything that goes on his way to his goal.
  • An anime I was new to around December, and I've watched nearly every episode except the final four, which tells that I'm missing the best parts of the show. It's just a shame that this show is just underrated.

I've seen my friends read a book called Negima! at school for some time. So I asked one of them if it was good, in spite of looking at the cover, seeming like this would be a very cute and funny book. They've said I've gone into the wrong direction because of certain guilty pleasures, which seems to be the reason why it's 16+. They've said that there's an anime that doesn't have many guilty pleasures, so I decided to take a look at that. I was hooked ever since! The show's just amazing! Every time I watch it, I always think it's just so cute and funny! And of course, this is probably one fo my top favorites, since I really love cute and funny animes. My other favorite is Ouran High School Host Club, which is as well, cute and funny. Comparing Ouran to Negima!, I'd expect Negima! to be a shojo, but from it's hisory with the manga and it's guilty pleasures, there's no surprise why it's not. The concept of the show seems rather cute. A 10-year-old prodigy in the study of magic must become a teacher of an all-girls middle school class. And further details are rather interesting within the storyline without having a feeling of just making plots to still make the show interesting. The comedy in the show is just so amazing. I'd expect nearly anyone to laugh during watching the show. The voice acting seems so amazing as well! I've never seen an anime dub just so amazing! The cast really brings out the personality of the characters and makes you feel like the show first aired in America. I can tell that they put in a lot of work into finding a good voice cast, other shows just have very tacky voice-overs. Also, the character design seems rather cute and adorable. The appearance and personality of the characters just seem so diverse, considering that there are 31 students in the class. Also, one of the best parts is the theme, Happy Material. It just seems so beautiful in some ways, but not entirely in a slow tempoed way. It's also one of my personal favorite songs as well. It's also amazing that they actually have different versions for the same song for different episodes, and they also use the Japanese voices of the characters to sing the songs to. Overall, Negima! is probably one of my favorite shows I've ever watched. It's very cute and adorable, and for some people, there's a few guilty pleasures, but their not very bad, considering that the show is marked as PG. Everything builds up well for Negima!, especially with the comedy value, the concept, the music (not really an important factor), and the character design. And since there's also another series in Japan already airing called Negima!? (with a ?), I hope there'll be more Negima! goodness coming to the small screen, or hopefully the big screen. ;)
  • As the ads for Negima! from Funimation have said it: Magic has mishaps, add girls and it's mayhem.

This show is just absolutely hilarious whether its from the first series, Negima!: Magister Negi Magi or its sequel, Negima!? Although much of the ecchi material that is normally seen in the manga aren't seen as much here in the anime, the show still winds up being quite a funny show. The non-stop parodies, chupacabra hunting and the hilarious antics of Asuna seen in the second series, Negima!? will have you laughing it up in your chair. Of course, let's not forget about the other students of Class 2-A, as each student has a unique and fun personalty that you'll really start wishing that your favorite student would appear more throughout the show. I can only hope that the series will have a long and funny life on the air waves.
  • I love it!!!!!

I love it!!!! This will be the best anime yet and yes it will be the best froever. Ha Ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ahaha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h ah ah ah ah aha ah aha haha ah aha h aha ah aha haahahahhah ha hah h h h h h h h h h hhhh h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h
  • The Perfect Show to go with the perfect Manga!

This anime is about a ten year old boy named Negi Springfield who just graduated Magic academy in the United Kingdom (Wales, England) and is now gonna continue his training by teaching 8th graders at an all girls school.....Lucky!!!! Course that sucks to be him when all the girls start falling for him...well everyone except for Asuna Kagarasuka. The only problem teaching his class is that he can't tell anyone hes a wizard...but unfortunently Asuna finds out and then the chaos completely begins with skirts being pulled up, messed up magic tricks and some of the best Voice actors Funimation could get. So Grab the popcorn and lay on the couch, and pop this into the DVD player cause this is one anime you don't want to miss out on! Because "Magic has mishaps, add girls and it's mayhem!"
  • I've been a fan of Funimation for a long time. Some of the series' of theirs I've collected are Case Closed, Fruits Basket and Full Metal Alchemist. I was a little leery of Negima, but I was wrong here.

Funimation delivers to us yet another hit. Negima! is the newest hot trend in anime from Funimation. In my opinion, it is that way for a good reason.

A ten-year-old boy wizard/English teacher in an all-girls boarding school. That is some seriously messed up stuff. But it's quite funny too!!

Negi Springfield is a bit of Ron Weasely and Harry Potter mixed up. He's shy and quiet, and he's got Harry's glasses. But in all honesty, that's where the similarities stop. I love this series, and I've only seen like 6 episodes thus far. ^^ Everyone, please give this a chance!
  • The first time I ever heard of Negima, I thought it was going to be an anime version of Harry Potter, since it dealt with a boy wizard. I have been proven wrong!

I love it!! The main reason I wanted to check it out was to see if Greg Ayres( one of my favorite VAs!) fit the role of Negima. I was in for a shock! He does a very...quiet, English accent in this show, and it is awesome! Asuna is my favorite female lead. She reminds me very much of Sana from Kodocha, and she's great!! I can't wait to watch the rest of the series, and see where it leads! I am so happy I was able to buy the first 3 DVDs right off the bat!

Much love to Negi-kun!! He is awesome!
  • This has a fun and imaginative storyline but only teens and up can watch it.

Mahou sensei negima! is about a ten year old boy named Negi Springfield. He is training to be a wizard in Britain like his father. He is sent to teach at an all girls school in Japan. All of the girls think he is adorable but Asuna (one of the schoolgirls) is becoming very suspicious. One day one of the schoolgirls almost falls of a staircase. Negima acts quickly and saves her using magic. Asuna witnesses this and is petrified. Negima tells her to keep it a secret. When the series goes on he finds out some of the girls aren't what they seem. Watch the magic on Mahou sensei negima!
  • With wizardry school finished, 10-year-old Negi Springfield must overcome a great obstacle and that as an English Teacher. But not just any, he must teach at an all-girls school located in the urban streets of Japan.

This is a guaranteed series to remember. I have read nearly the entire Negima! series and it is sure to be superb! Imagine that it's a cross between Harry Potter and Love Hina, The reason for that would be the comedic humor of Love Hina and the magical mind of Harry Potter!
  • To be honest, I would have preferred to spend my time elsewhere than finish watching this. However, I kept thinking that there is great potential behind this and I was half right.

To be honest, I would have preferred to spend my time elsewhere than finish watching this. However, I kept thinking that there is great potential behind this and I was half right. There was potential to say the least but this potential was poorly exploited leaving a show that is half decent. Nonetheless, you really have to see Mahou Sensei Negima! to get what I'm talking about.
  • The Manga series is one of my romatic comedy series (which gets a 8.9) besides Love Hina But this adaption is not like Lord of the Rings, or Akira. But more like The Da Vinci Code, or othrer crappy remake. One big problem, too slowpaced.

7.3
    The Music, Art and Pace, are all done in a turtle pace, I mean Static picture of a Manga is better then this crap. And you Thought 4 Kids ruin Anime. There is big cuts and destruction of story arcs, not very cute art work, or horrible atmosphere. Ken Akamatsu was the genius that made Harlem Mangas god like now. And I know he pissed as hell of this. I suggest to read the Manga only.
  • Sheesh...

This is the best show ever, although I've been watching it on YouTube and people decide not to upload some episodes, I\'m stuck missing episode 21 (I like to watch it all from start to end).

I really hope it comes to DVD in America, I\'d definatly buy it, plus the manga!

10 out of 10, 5 stars, really the greatest show.
  • I've only read the manga, but I'd like to watch the anime soon.

I have a feeling the anime will be just as good, if not better than the anime. I have to say, with so many main characters running around (over 31, in fact!), it'd be a hard story to follow. But well worth the watch, I'm hoping.

Anyway, they'd better have a good voice actor for Negi. I wonder...is it actually a ten-year-old doing the voice acting, though? Mmm... There's a thought. I wish I had a way to watch the anime to find out!

Anyhoo, it sounds great. I'm looking forward to the chance to watch it if I can. *crosses fingers*
  • Negi sensei~ where are you?? To me, this show is just like Harry Potter as Negi knows mahou which is the japanese word for magic.. Harry Potter with girls surrounding you eh?? He's a very popular guy in their school. A 10 year old kid being

6.9
    Harry Potter with girls surrounding you eh??
    He's a very popular guy in their school. A 10 year old kid being a sensei eh?? Last episodes were very sad indeed, a girl from his clss died...=(..
  • Mahou Sensai Negima!

Negima is a 10 year old Brit who is teaching Middle School beauties English, so he can become a Magister Magi and meet his father. He is always being asked out by females who have come love him so much, they even confess to him. He is always trying to protect his students and it will break your heart just watching the last few episodes.
  • The best way I can sum Negima! up is if Harry Potter was a 10-year old bishounen and had to move to Japan to teach english in an all girls school loaded with magic, and chaos ensues.

CUTE! Everyone is cute in this show, even Chamo-kun, the perverted, chain-smoking ermine. Created by the master of the abusive harem comedy, Akamatsu Ken, Negima is a silly romp of an adventure following Negi Springfield, the hero and his class at Mahora Academy. Only 26 episodes long, it manages to cover most of the early action in the manga, though it does miss out on the end of the Kyouto arc substantially. On the whole, it's a nice series, though the manga is better, and still running.