Negima! Magister Negi Magi

Wednesday 12:00 AM on TV Tokyo Premiered Jan 06, 2005 Between Seasons

Angus_Mac

Negima! Magister Negi Magi Fan Reviews (26)

• Although it wasn't my favorite anime, Negima made me laugh, cry, and cheer.

A few years ago, I began reading the Negima manga and fell in love with the world. I loved the characters and the entire storyline for the most part. After reading a few volumes, I decided to try out the first anime to see how good it was. Unfortunately, if you were a big fan of the manga, the anime won't live up to it. But still, it's a great show - better than most anime I've seen.

The show is about a young magician, Negi, that leaves his country Wales to complete his wizard training. What he is told is that he will be teaching English at a school in Japan. What he isn't told is that he'll be teaching a class of 31 girls - some not even human.

The problem about the anime is the pace. In the manga, the first three to four volumes introduced us to the characters. In the anime, this takes about seven episodes. The manga dedicates about ten issues to the Evangeline Ark while the anime covers it in about two episodes. Also, the anime ends in about twenty-five volumes of the manga leaving a lot of unsolved problems and leaving the storyline incomplete.

Overall, if you haven't read the manga you may be okay with the show. I had read the manga and the show came out average. It's still a good watch, though!