TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

New Amsterdam Forums

FOX (ended 2008)

Official "Honor" Episode Discussion - Possible Spoilers

Myrddin19

[21]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 5

krisi1021 wrote:

I have a feeling Sarah is not "the one". Not b/c she doesn't fit, or b/c he doesn't want her to be ... I just imagine him falling in love with her ... truly loving her, and then coming to realize she's not the one he was meant to find. Then, in the midst of it all, he finds the one ... but with his heart being with Sarah, he's faced with a choice of losing her just to obtain mortality.
    Granted, I could be totally wrong.

I have the exact same feeling too, I'm afraid she's not the one, and that JA will find another possible "One" after dating the doc for some time, having to face a difficult choice... But, anyway, the spell said something about "wedding souls", whatever it means, I bet it's not as simple as a normal marriage, and of course, the doc still has to get the divorce, so we will have to wait for some weeks until this works out one way or another. And I don't think she fell too fast, come on, they are adults, as long as they take precautions, and if she's not with her husband any more, I don't see any trouble in that. Plus, I don't really think too many women would have resisted so much attention by a handsome and misterious guy, though I may be wrong, I'm not a woman and I don't like guys, after all.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jwcritter

[22]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    I'm not going to get into the whole too soon/adultery arguement other than to say 'no where in the premise does it state that the 2 people have to be perfect. just perfect for each other'. What I do see happening is John and the Dr. falling in love/getting engaged/possible pregnancy/she knows his secret and John suffers another heart attack- and this time the Sara is no where near him. Make him question what he has assumed. Introduce conflict by having him decide between the love he has and a possible perfect unknown. How will Sara react? I don't see them agreeing to be 'just friends'. Would he leave her? Will she threaten to tell/release his medical recored if he chooses to chase a ghost? There are so many directions for this show to go, and so many memories to dredge up. Let's find out what makes John tick.
    Edited on 03/19/2008 10:07am

agness77

[23]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 4
    After 4th ep I'm sure that Dr is not the ONE ;-). She can't be it was too easy and too fast. I think Eva is the ONE, but Amsterdam doesn't see her cause he's sure that Dr is the ONE. Ep was good till last scene ;-)

Smokey85

[24]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 3

Enjoyed the episode, but Amsterdam thinks his true love is gonna be a skank who bones one guy while married to another? Good luck with that, buddy. He's obviously never heard the phrase "you can't make a ho a housewife"

I dont mean to be so negative, but damn cheating is a pet peeve of mine, if you don't want your husband, break it off, don't sleep with another man, it is just shady and really shows her lack of character.

Edited on 03/19/2008 7:25am
    Edited 2 total times.

D-LinkUK

[25]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 24

Naturally loving the show and this episode was very well written and portrayed especially due to it's nature however I do agree with most that Sara was a bit quick to jump into bed with John, plus now that they are together so to speak is John no longer immortal or like most is Sara really the one.

I think Sara being ' the one ' is too easy and would make for a short season. Maybe Johns partner is the one or we may not even have met her yet.

Xannie

[26]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 6
    This show is just full of pleasant surprises. When I found out the doc was married I forsaw episode upon episode of dragging this out but nope. Just one episode laten and they hit the hay. I like it. Obviously she can't be the one though....or can she?

danharr

[27]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 45
    A pretty good episode despite the fact that John and doc have hooked up as the saying goes. As to the factuality of honor killings in India it's true and anti-semetism is found there and in other cultures as well. Really silly to say they messed up because of a one track view of these topics no it's not all the Muslims.

shocker713

[28]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 21
    Possibilty still exists we haven't even met the One yet.

pantera_rosso

[29]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 9
    Smokey85 wrote:

Enjoyed the episode, but Amsterdam thinks his true love is gonna be a skank who bones one guy while married to another? Good luck with that, buddy. He's obviously never heard the phrase "you can't make a ho a housewife"

I dont mean to be so negative, but damn cheating is a pet peeve of mine, if you don't want your husband, break it off, don't sleep with another man, it is just shady and really shows her lack of character.

is it cheating if your separated?

anorthview

[30]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 13
    pantera_rosso wrote:
    is it cheating if your separated?
    It may not be technically cheating b/c your on your way to your divorce, but its still adultery, and it still makes her way easy, giving it up after not even a date is very trifling, but at least she ran his blood work and knows he didn't have an std
    Edited on 03/20/2008 10:29am

Myrddin19

[31]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 5
    Smokey85 wrote:

What the hell do you mean by that? I mean, if she's a "ho", what does it make him? plus, if she can't be a housewife just for sleeping with whoever she damn pleases being a separated woman, then he also can't be a good husband for sleeping with her knowing she's still married, can he? Sorry, I don't mean to criticize, but I had to say it, I find this whole "adultery" thing a little too chauvinistic for my tastes... and I'm a guy, in case you're wondering.