New Amsterdam Forums

FOX (ended 2008)

Official "Keep The Change" Episode Discussion - Possible Spoilers

ColtsPenguins

[1]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 23
    yeah i started one for the new episode coming on on moday so yeah this is the on for Keep The Change it sounds like its gonna be a good episode
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Charlie183

[2]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 17

there is a younger Omar credited... might be really interesting to see how the "family" lived in 1964 .. will prpably be shown as flashbacks... if he had to go into a 12-step-programm we might see some fighting about that :-P...i wonder how the 21-year-old acts towards a father who doesn'T get old... i mean his mother propably looks way older than Amsterdam already...

can't wait to see that part..

ColtsPenguins

[3]Mar 20, 2008
    so yeah who thinks he will reveal his secret to the doctor

Charlie183

[4]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 17

yeah.. *lol* he reveals it to the doctor..

who then thinks he is a lunatic

and propably gets him into a asylum

where he has to break free from...*rofl*

no i don't think he is going to tell him... in my opinion he is already making to many hints towards the people around him..

i mean they'd never guess that he's not just joking but anyways .. i thought he may have some experience with what would happen if anybody found out.. i imagine people wouldn't really accept him, so he should be more careful. people fear what they can't undersand !

shocker713

[5]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 21
    Charlie183 wrote:

there is a younger Omar credited... might be really interesting to see how the "family" lived in 1964 .. will prpably be shown as flashbacks... if he had to go into a 12-step-programm we might see some fighting about that :-P...i wonder how the 21-year-old acts towards a father who doesn'T get old... i mean his mother propably looks way older than Amsterdam already...

can't wait to see that part..

If memory serves, Lily was already dead by that point.

But it'll still be interesting to see what Omar goes through, being a young mulatto in the mid-60s.

ColtsPenguins

[6]Mar 22, 2008
    Charlie183 wrote:

yeah.. *lol* he reveals it to the doctor..

who then thinks he is a lunatic

and propably gets him into a asylum

where he has to break free from...*rofl*

no i don't think he is going to tell him... in my opinion he is already making to many hints towards the people around him..

i mean they'd never guess that he's not just joking but anyways .. i thought he may have some experience with what would happen if anybody found out.. i imagine people wouldn't really accept him, so he should be more careful. people fear what they can't undersand !

yeah really i wonder how the doc will react to him telling her the truth (if he tells her that is)

suzpsycho

[7]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 14
    If he does tell the doc and she thinks he's nuts, she'd back away and there would be out conflict and that would give them an obstacle to overcome. Also, if she is "The One", he can't prove he's immortal cuz if she is it, then he isn't invulnerable anymore. Did you follow that?

anorthview

[8]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 13
    Okay, just for giggles lets say they've "been together" for 16 days, and this early she needs the world? This chick would never have made it on Lost Theres no way anyone this impatient would have ever made it through medical school. I do like this show, and they seem to be gaining momentum and intrigue.
    Edited on 03/24/2008 7:04pm

ColtsPenguins

[9]Mar 24, 2008
    yeah i no its werid and i now believe the docter is a whore

forshadowing

[10]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 5
    I love this episode, but I'm almost sure Sara's not the one now. Because he's so eager for her to be, she can't, that's just not a good story. Even with this "conflict" of her wanting to know the truth and not believing him when he tells her. She's to easy.

ColtsPenguins

[11]Mar 24, 2008
    yeah i think john just finds her hot and he knows shes good for a couple nights

harihudson

[12]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 15

I'm glad the show is continuing to fill in pieces of John's and Omar's relationship.

I'm not happy about the introduction of the Chief(?) Detective, or rather her trying to bond w/ John's partner by sharing her non-professional interests in John. Hello?! You are his supervisor, ever hear of sexual harassment? Did you miss that seminar?

Okay, it is not that serious, but I found her annoying.

krussell47

[13]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 12
    I was upset last week and how quickly Sara and John got together but now she is brushing him back so things should get interesting on him trying to get her to believe he really is 400 years old. I liked how we got to learn when John told Omar the truth about his life.

HRGirl

[14]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 9
    I don't blame Sara for not believing John when he tried to tell her the truth. If someone told you that I am sure you would not think twice... but believe it was a lie. I wonder how hard it is for him to prove to his wives that he was serious about being hundreds of years old? That cannot be easy that is for sure!

Does anyone think that this is the end for John and Sara? I am thinking it may be as she thinks he is lying about everything in his life and has only existed for 5 yrs.

Myrddin19

[15]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 5

HRGirl wrote:
    I don't blame Sara for not believing John when he tried to tell her the truth. If someone told you that I am sure you would not think twice... but believe it was a lie. I wonder how hard it is for him to prove to his wives that he was serious about being hundreds of years old? That cannot be easy that is for sure! Does anyone think that this is the end for John and Sara? I am thinking it may be as she thinks he is lying about everything in his life and has only existed for 5 yrs.

I think it's the end of John and Sarah, too, I'm guessing she just wanted to bed him, because, seriously, why would she get mad at John just because she didn't find anything when she googled him? I mean, it's clear that he's hiding something, but if she were a little interested, she would have more patience, she'd wait for him to tell her. I don't think she's the one, so the hunt goes on, IMO. Maybe his Chief will be next in line? who knows... she seems to be more than interested, or at least I think so. Of course she cannot be the one if we assume that the one was near John when he got the heart attack, but I'm not completely sure about that. Will John pursue Sarah, or will he give up, what do you think?

I love the part where he tells Omar the truth, and I understand why he believes John, if they had been together for some time, he sure already had some doubts, seeing that he never gets old. Looking forward for next episodes.

tjoceasde

[16]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 18

For some reason, when I watch this show, I get the feeling that the writers don't expect it to be picked up (we're already in the "The One" storyline by the third episode). I wish that they had taken their time a little bit more.

While on the subject of the show's future, I was wondering if anyone was planning a Jericho-Campaign in the event that New Amsterdam doesn't get picked up (i.e. mailing FOX 2 million used New York City Metro Cards or something like that).

BacktoBedlam

[17]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 16
    I think Sarah was expecting a bit much. He barely knows her, does she expect him to reveal his deepest darkest secrets? And trust goes both ways; why was she googling him in the first place? Not because she trusts him.

tjoceasde

[18]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 18

BacktoBedlam wrote:
    I think Sarah was expecting a bit much. He barely knows her, does she expect him to reveal his deepest darkest secrets? And trust goes both ways; why was she googling him in the first place? Not because she trusts him.

Deep dark secrets are one thing. But why couldn't he tell her about his parents, what his father did for a living, and why he doesn't drink.

anestaphine

[19]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 7
    A good episode1

shocker713

[20]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 21
    tjoceasde wrote:
    While on the subject of the show's future, I was wondering if anyone was planning a Jericho-Campaign in the event that New Amsterdam doesn't get picked up (i.e. mailing FOX 2 million used New York City Metro Cards or something like that).

Because we saw how well it worked for Jericho.

omg i went dere