TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

New Amsterdam Forums

FOX (ended 2008)

Official "Keep The Change" Episode Discussion - Possible Spoilers

tjoceasde

[21]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 18

shocker713 wrote:
    tjoceasde wrote:
    While on the subject of the show's future, I was wondering if anyone was planning a Jericho-Campaign in the event that New Amsterdam doesn't get picked up (i.e. mailing FOX 2 million used New York City Metro Cards or something like that).
    Because we saw how well it worked for Jericho. omg i went dere

At least they got the second season and a resolution to the storyline. It would be difficult for a show like this to resolve its A-Plot in two or three episodes.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shocker713

[22]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 21
    tjoceasde wrote:

shocker713 wrote:
    tjoceasde wrote:
    While on the subject of the show's future, I was wondering if anyone was planning a Jericho-Campaign in the event that New Amsterdam doesn't get picked up (i.e. mailing FOX 2 million used New York City Metro Cards or something like that).
    Because we saw how well it worked for Jericho. omg i went dere

At least they got the second season and a resolution to the storyline. It would be difficult for a show like this to resolve its A-Plot in two or three episodes.

Not really. I've often compared this show to How I Met Your Mother in one respect: it can end at any time. Main character meets soulmate. End of show.

It's a cop-out, yes, but it does resolve the main storyline of the show.

JumpGeronimo

[23]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 3

I don't really like how the Sarah/John relationship is develeping. It doesn't feel real. Is John supposed to be in love with her? Is he just supposed to feel she is the key so he's tied to her? What does Sarah think? Is he just someone to sleep with? If so, why get so upset at him hiding his past? It seems rather soon for her to be getting all weird about him hding things. All this "trust" talk. For pete's sake. They just met!

You'd also think that if John felt she was "the one" he would be taking his time. Trying to do it right. Use all his past experience to make this one perfect and right.

I just really don't like how they are working this. It just feels random almost.

shocker713

[24]Mar 26, 2008
    What's bizarre is that the One could be almost any woman we see on the show. Even the pseudo-lesbian Chief.

dustjessie2

[25]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 10
    Charlie183 wrote:

there is a younger Omar credited... might be really interesting to see how the "family" lived in 1964 .. will prpably be shown as flashbacks... if he had to go into a 12-step-programm we might see some fighting about that :-P...i wonder how the 21-year-old acts towards a father who doesn'T get old... i mean his mother propably looks way older than Amsterdam already...

can't wait to see that part..

OMAR'S MUM DIED WHEN HE WAS JUST A FEW YEARS OLD

dustjessie2

[26]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 10
    shocker713 wrote:
    What's bizarre is that the One could be almost any woman we see on the show. Even the pseudo-lesbian Chief.
    pseudo-lesbian?? What because she likes shoes & wanted to bond with a subordinate.

anestaphine

[27]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 7
    Well said!

shocker713

[28]Mar 26, 2008
    dustjessie2 wrote:
    shocker713 wrote:
    pseudo-lesbian?? What because she likes shoes & wanted to bond with a subordinate.

It just seemed waaaay too friendly and awkward to me.

Besides, any guy here can tell you what immediately follows complementing a girl's shoes.

karlandi

[29]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 7
    Im thinking the writers are just using a bit of misdirection when it comes to "The One". If the show is going to get canceled they can end the show in a way that will sort of please the viewers. If it looks like the show is going to get picked up , "the one" is suddenly not her , but someone else on the train (but he has already fallen for the doctor).

Princess_Pinky

[31]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 11

Well like I said on another thread, I don't think that just sleeping with The One is that easy. Seeing as how the "prophecy" came from a Shaman, I have a feeling that they might actually have to spiritually pledge themselves to each other. (Whether that means marriage - any type of religious ceremony - or simply a wedding/ceremony/whatever where all religion aside, they are spiritually commiting themselves to be "one" with eachother.)

Hopefully the show will get a second season and Sara won't be The One (no chemistry), but I'm sure they'll continue to have her a major player and keep her in the running (especially if the fact that she's already married could play into the "wedded souls" thing; which I have a strong feeling it could).