New Amsterdam Forums

FOX (ended 2008)

Official "Soldier's Heart" Episode Discussion - S01E03 ---Spoilers

charley28

[1]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 66
    What is up with the crazy guy???? is he schizzo or just homeless
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jdbond

[2]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 6
    I had a feeling that something stupid will happen and here we have have it people, the b&&&h is married!

staindredglass

[3]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 11
    it was no big shocker that the lady is married. the whole premise of the show is about an immortal guy who is cursed to not grow old until he and his soulmate are together. but the soulmate is married! they couldn't not make her in a reltaionship cuz then it'd be way too easy for them to get together. now, it'll take a very long time, which means, the premise of the show remains as it is; mister cursed immortal.

gruvy

[4]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 1
    We are assuming that it is the doc. There were several others on the subway platform. And, again, we are assuming that the effect of finding the 'one' is instant. For all we know, it could be delayed. It could be his partner. Who knows? I think we are in for more suprises. There was no affect when he met the doc the 2nd time.

EJamison

[5]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 17
    What kind of show would it be if he had a heart attack every time he got near Sara?

So far, I'm more interested in the larger story that the specific cases they're working on.

Again, I considered it "incestuous" that Evelyn had a connection to Sara. There are sooooo many doctors in NYC.

But it was a decent episode.

SG1andAhalf

[6]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 7
    I try not to assume anything and didn't think it was the doctor. There were several women getting off the subway and it showed one more than the others. As for Sgt. Harold Wilcox, it's called PTSD, I thought they covered that pretty well. Orlando Jones did a great job!
    Edited on 03/11/2008 4:59am

Myrddin19

[7]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 5
    I personally loved the episode, it was no surprise for me at all that the doc is married, what surprises me is that John didn't find out sooner... some police work he did. As for the doc being the one, I think it's clear that there's a possibility that she isn't, but not only that, maybe the whole thing was just a heart attack after all. I liked the flashback part with Walt Whitman, but I hope this doesn't mean that all kinds of famous people from the past are going to appear in the flashbacks, that would be too unrealistic for my tastes. And I like the idea that his partner could be the one, it would add some spice to the show, imho.

justinwestnet

[8]Mar 11, 2008
    it was a an enjoyable episode. pretty cool about the false memories and all that. we all knew she'd be married but hey the longer they proclaim his true love, the longer the show goes on so that's cool. probably my favorite part is the flashbacks. being a history buff myself it's cool how they incorporate his historical experience into the story line. like how the modern day army soldier reminded him of the civil war guy and how he knew how to save him now.

EJamison

[9]Mar 11, 2008
    Myrddin19 wrote:
    what surprises me is that John didn't find out sooner... some police work he did.
    Yeah. I hate little flaws like that.

Hirundine

[10]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 26
    The filming style is really starting to bug me. I get carsick just watching it.

Xannie

[11]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 6

justinwestnet wrote:
    we all knew she'd be married

Well not me. It doesn't really bother me that I don't see stuff coming a mile away though. Makes me think I enjoy watching these shows more than others do

justinwestnet wrote:
    it's cool how they incorporate his historical experience into the story line. like how the modern day army soldier reminded him of the civil war guy and how he knew how to save him now.

You really think he handled this one any better?? Guy walks out of lockup all screwed up and all John says is "go find some help."

That was a major dissapointment for me to see that storyline end that way.

Edited on 03/11/2008 10:22am

5h4rp13

[12]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 10
    it bothered me a bit that he spent all that time with her, but not only did she never bother to mention her husband, be he never looked at her left hand? wtf?

decent acting, orlando jones was great, im not sure about some of the writing though, theres not much subtext, everything is just laid out for the viewer, and it bothers me a little. however, i couldnt help but think every time i saw orlando of his performance in office space "Good evening Sir, my name is Steve. I come from a rough area. I used to be addicted to crack but now I am off it and trying to stay clean. That is why I am selling magazine subscriptions." haha. yeah, good episode though

chaosrainz

[13]Mar 11, 2008
    Xannie wrote:

justinwestnet wrote:
    we all knew she'd be married

Well not me. It doesn't really bother me that I don't see stuff coming a mile away though. Makes me think I enjoy watching these shows more than others do

justinwestnet wrote:
    it's cool how they incorporate his historical experience into the story line. like how the modern day army soldier reminded him of the civil war guy and how he knew how to save him now.

You really think he handled this one any better?? Guy walks out of lockup all screwed up and all John says is "go find some help."

That was a major dissapointment for me to see that storyline end that way.

I agree. I expected him to offer a ride somewhere or at least give the guy his card or something.
    Way to drop the ball.

I also agree that it was funny how he found out what kind of food "the one" likes and where she goes,etc. but didn't know she was married! lol

And yeah, Orlando Jones did an awesome job. I really like him in whatever he's in. He's really good.

anestaphine

[14]Mar 11, 2008
    xannie!
    I concur!
    The same realization that he felt in leading him to a confession was not matched with a same level of compassion at the end!

anestaphine

[15]Mar 11, 2008
    A good episode!
    Still giving it time to reach next level!

LexxArc

[16]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 5

He's been with how many women? And how many children does he have? We know of at least 3.. it's really not fair that and "the one" can't be married, if she's really the one. He can wait for another 20-30 years ^^ (Let's say until at least season 5, focusing on many other things )

ICE0ne

[17]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 10
    was all fine and dandy til we found out she was married. seriously, they couldn't have come up with something original? ugh. it's like the writers took lunch during that decision.

most interesting part to me was him mentioning how it's impossible to prove finger prints are unique.

danharr

[18]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 45
    An ok episode the ptsd storyline didn't do much for me but the hunt for the one and the killer was well done. Other than the fact that he didn't know she was married I really don't have a problem with this plot tool and I too hope he doesn't meet every famous person in American history by shows end.

shocker713

[19]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 21
    I love how John keeps revealing all this info about himself, but no one believes him.

pantera_rosso

[20]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 9
    5h4rp13 wrote:
    it bothered me a bit that he spent all that time with her, but not only did she never bother to mention her husband, be he never looked at her left hand? wtf?

doctors tend to remove rings and stuff while working, risk is to big, you don't want to lose it in someones belly (er remember) and it would be a place where bacteria could stick