New Amsterdam Forums

FOX (ended 2008)

So are 8 episodes it?

Fryerider

[1]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 5

I was checking out the episode list on this website tonight and they show that the show titled "Love Hurts" is the last one. Is this right?! The series is just getting going! I thought the writers were back and there would be at least 3 or 4 more eps before the summer break!!

But more important, is there the slightest chance that Fox will renew? (But that is being discussed on another thread.)

If there are more eps coming this year and TV.com isn't right please post me a note here.

Thanks,

Fryerider

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lynna12000

[2]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 21
    Due to the writers strike, New Amsterdam was reduced to 8 episodes. So, tonights episode was the last one till fall at the earliest. The network will be deciding its' fate by the end of the week.

lynna12000

[3]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 21
    Due to the writers strike, New Amsterdam was reduced to 8 episodes. So, tonights episode was the last one till fall at the earliest. The network will be deciding its' fate by the end of the week.

anestaphine

[4]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 7
    Keep your fingers crossed!

pinklavender

[5]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 23
    WOW - that really sucks! I was just getting really into this series! 8 episodes is SO not enough! Last night's episode had him finally having a proper working relationship with the rest of his team - including the dopey Captain [who wouldn't necessarily be missed if she didnt come back] and he has left the ONE, on the basis that actually she might not be THE one! And waiting until the Fall ... totally double sucks! This strike has a lot to answer for! I am not a happy bunny!

Fryerider

[6]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 5

Hello to all who replied! And thanks for the insight.

I don't know what to think about a setup like this, but television itself has been baffling to me for about 4 years. You find a show that you're interested in, or one that you really enjoy, and it gets cancelled, put on hiatus, or has a mini-series amount of episodes like New Amsterdam. You would think that the TV execs would be seasoned enough to know what is good, and have enough courage to back up the programs that they approved and committed to after seeing the pilots. Back years ago they would at least make a half season buy, usually for 11 shows instead of 3 or 5 episodes. Most of the time there isn't time for any word of mouth to build. And if Seinfeld came on today it would bomb out instead of being the hit it became. Its ratings were very low in the beginning, but word of mouth brought in the audience and it grew and grew. So why not give a show like New Amsterdam a fighting chance to gain a following?

Again, my two bits worth. But I am Fryerider, and I approve this message.

Jeric-Ho

[7]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 34
    Ahh that sucks! it is just starting to get interesting! and the story is progressing nicely! i am unsure if this show has picked up enough fans yet in order for them to give it another season!

If FOX cancel this then they suck even more than i thought they already do!

samosfromhalo

[8]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 10
    Actually, something that had a lot of people worried before the show came on was that FOX actually prematurely cut off New Amsterdam and stopped production on the show at 8 episodes, even before the writer's strike. But due to the after-Idol slot and the heavy promotion of the show, people became a lot less worried. So that's actually why.

LuvmyMick

[9]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 12
    I really hope the show continues. I am so tired of finding a show that I like, only to have it cut a few episodes into it. I don't think these networks give new shows enough of a chance to prove themselves.

kathync

[10]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 13

LuvmyMick wrote:
    I really hope the show continues. I am so tired of finding a show that I like, only to have it cut a few episodes into it. I don't think these networks give new shows enough of a chance to prove themselves.

Same here - I think this one was really just getting started, and there are obviously so many more stories to tell, relationships to explore. I hope Fox picks it up for next year (though I hate waiting several months). How soon will we know - some time in May I presume?

annpo

[11]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 13
    I too am sick and tired of becoming immersed in a show only to have it ripped away by some soul-less TV exec.

Losing Jericho TWICE, was bad enough. But now it looks like New Amsterdam AND Moonlight may not be picked up for second seasons.

Do you think if I offer to give up one of the network's popular shows they might recant? 24, they can have 24 - it's had a good run. Okay, that's settled, I'll give up 24 if I can find out whether John finds his soul-mate. Phew, I'm glad that's settled.

What's that you say? No one was listening? ....story of my life!!! grump grump

samosfromhalo

[12]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 10
    kathync wrote:

LuvmyMick wrote:

Same here - I think this one was really just getting started, and there are obviously so many more stories to tell, relationships to explore. I hope Fox picks it up for next year (though I hate waiting several months). How soon will we know - some time in May I presume?

May 15th I believe. Possibly earlier but unlikely. Also, I hear Moonlight actually has a very good chance of getting picked up.