New Amsterdam Forums

FOX (ended 2008)

So will FOX axe this one too?

Peregrine_Kloor

[21]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 6
    CoffeeCake225 wrote:
    i like this show, but i have a feeling that FOX isn't gonna keep it for long. even one of their highest rated shows 24 is beginning to sink. i dont even think that fox is gonna last much longer as a station in general.i think they should team up with the CW putting upn and wb together didn't really do much since barley anybody watched anything on upn besides antm. i think fox should go with cw cuz i think that although they are two pretty different stations combined they would have every genre you need.
    I blame American Idol(No offense) I think it is the dumbest waste of time ever. it is one of the best rated shows out of all the Networks
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

karlandi

[22]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 7

CoffeeCake225 wrote:
    i dont even think that fox is gonna last much longer as a station

HUH? FOX is currently the #1 Television station with ABC in second as far as ratings. Yes AI is a large part of this, but FOX still pulls in the most viewers each week. (http://www.tv.com/story/11010.html)

Edited on 03/15/2008 9:48am

angelandspike

[23]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 66
    I don't know. They almost shelved it. We would never have seen it if it hadn't been for the strike. If the ratings stay up, I'd imagine they'll keep it. But, given the fact that it's not at least maintaining the ratings, I'm not sure.

I'd like for them to give it a chance, though. It's pretty good and it has the potential to get a lot better if they give it enough time.

I'm not saying don't write to FOX about it, but I wouldn't hold out much hope of that. They tend to lean on ratings more than other networks do.

hal9000_basic

[24]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 8

Peregrine_Kloor wrote:
    CoffeeCake225 wrote:
    i like this show, but i have a feeling that FOX isn't gonna keep it for long. even one of their highest rated shows 24 is beginning to sink. i dont even think that fox is gonna last much longer as a station in general.i think they should team up with the CW putting upn and wb together didn't really do much since barley anybody watched anything on upn besides antm. i think fox should go with cw cuz i think that although they are two pretty different stations combined they would have every genre you need.
    I blame American Idol(No offense) I think it is the dumbest waste of time ever. it is one of the best rated shows out of all the Networks

People watch American Idol to be entertained. That's why its the highest rated Show. Its just a basic singing contest that really caught on. A Show that every network is afraid of, cheap to produce and no tantrums from highly paid stars. The next closest ratings bonanza is Dancing with the Stars.

SG1andAhalf

[25]Mar 17, 2008
    If FOX doesn't keep this show, they will be making a big (huge) mistake. It gets better every week and I think it has a lot of potential. I love the flashbacks! He really is a very versatile actor. And I'm with Angel, if not for the strike I never would have caught it.

Solo154

[26]Mar 18, 2008

Fox has a pretty glorious history of cancelling shows, but so do the other networks with Jericho and Journeyman/Las Vegas as good examples for the other networks. It is almost to the point that I hesitate to watch new shows and get vested in them when they may not ever resolve the plot lines. Perhaps Hulu.com is the best way to watch tv after all...

I think this show is toast, as much as I hope not, especially after last night's fairly dismal episode.

Shysty127

[27]Mar 19, 2008

I really hope this show actually sticks around. It's got such a good premise and the actors are surprisingly good. Plus I'm really excited about the relationship between Amsterdam and the Doctor. It just seems to be getting better and better. There is so much room left to go and the love the elements of New York history.But who knows its fox. They cancelled family guy and look what happened. They got rid of Futurama and now look where it is now.

bbyboop1977

[28]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 10
    I really like it and I didn't plan on watching it when it came on, but with it being on fox you just never know.

JohnTFolden

[29]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 5
    New Amsterdam's only real problem right now is that Canterbury's Law is DOA. It tanked horribly this week, not even managing 6 million viewers and only getting a 1.7 in the demo. This is obviously going to drag NA down if it has a failed lead-in. FOX should, imo, either move or can CL and stick some House reruns in the Monday 8PM slot. On the plus side, NA grew it's demo by 35% coming out of CL.

Sarah Connor Chronicles would have been in the same position if not for a strong lead-in.

TeaFloffySalt

[30]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 4
    I hope not. I ralely give any show a chance much less new ones. The networks love to cancel the ones I like. I hope this one stays!

ColtsPenguins

[31]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 23
    isn't bones going on at 9 on mondays starting in april

JohnTFolden

[32]Mar 21, 2008
    Ahh, new update! FOX has had the smarts to move Canterbury's Law and replace it with House as a lead in for NA.

http://newamsterdam-forever.com/News/files/category-broadcast.php

JohnTFolden

[33]Mar 21, 2008
    ColtsPenguins wrote:
    isn't bones going on at 9 on mondays starting in april

Bones will begin airing Mondays at 8PM ET as of April 14th...

SG1andAhalf

[34]Mar 21, 2008
    JohnTFolden wrote:
    Ahh, new update! FOX has had the smarts to move Canterbury's Law and replace it with House as a lead in for NA.

Where did they move it to?

karlandi

[35]Mar 21, 2008

JohnTFolden wrote:
    Sarah Connor Chronicles would have been in the same position if not for a strong lead-in.

Actually T:TSCC did NOT have a decent lead in. Prison Break tanked badly this year. T:TSCC added 2-3 mil on PB's #'s the whole run (Infact with the numbers PB pulled they should have honestly and rightfully been axed, Terminator would have if they pulled the same numbers. Not really fair if you ask me). If T:TSCC actually would have had a decent lead in , it would have done much better in the ratings. On a side note, NA is also pulling better numbers then PB (atleast for the first 3 episodes).

Edited on 03/21/2008 8:41am

patman83

[36]Mar 22, 2008

My friends, I hate to break it to you, but I enjoy this program immensely, and unfortunately for John Amsterdam, whenever I love a new series, it gets cancelled! Here's hoping the pattern doesn't repeat itself....

Hey, it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.....

lynna12000

[37]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 21
    SG1andAhalf wrote:
    JohnTFolden wrote:

Where did they move it to?

Canterbury's Law has been exiled to Friday nights.

Yohan88

[38]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 10

It's been 4 episodes now and i must say: I love this show, the story, the cast, the setting

And the flashbacks remind me of Angel cuz Angel had a similar way of showing flashbacks.

I love this show, and not just because i live in Amsterdam hehe

I do fear FOX will cancel it when the ratings start dropping, but i hope this show will survive that is if the show continues the way how it's going.

anorthview

[39]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 13

Did this show get killed off already? Why would they separate it from Canterbury's Law, one night that has 2 shows w/ new episodes would seem like a gold mine right now? Or did they sparate them b/c they are trying to use House to draw in more views b/c they want to try and keep this show going?

It's Fox, so I have no idea what they could be up to, its anybodies guess Hope it sticks around a bit longer

Togana

[40]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 9
    I personally don't care if they cancel terminator, but I'd be really upset if the cancel New Amsterdam. I don't watch American Idol and I'm seriously wondering if fox continue to cancels shows like New Amsterdam what will they have left to air?