New Amsterdam Forums

FOX (ended 2008)

So will FOX axe this one too?

BacktoBedlam

[41]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 16
    patman83 wrote:

My friends, I hate to break it to you, but I enjoy this program immensely, and unfortunately for John Amsterdam, whenever I love a new series, it gets cancelled! Here's hoping the pattern doesn't repeat itself....

Hey, it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.....

Me too. I hope it doesn't happen this time. This is one of the best new shows in ages.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dulcinea1978

[42]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 13

I so hope this doesnt get canceled, dealing with 4400 and jericho is more thenenough for 1 season.

Im still waiting to see if moonlight, ttsc or this will get a new season or not...

brein1327

[43]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 12
    It is ironic that one of Fox's all-time biggest hits, The X-Files, could have been canceled if being aired to day (atleast the first few season's ratings would have doomed the show), but Fox let the show develop. It doesn't seem like any network lets gives a struggling show a chance, besides it seems the Networks would rather have cheaper reality programming and game shows, than dramas that take a bit of nurturing.

Tawrens

[44]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 7
    Nikmi wrote:

Simple question, do you think this show will survive the FOX insanely high standarts and the love they have gotten for canceling shows after one Season?

Personally i really like this show, its nor original but the two first episodes have managed to really catch my attention, i think the story is well told. and the flashback into his past makes for a really interesting side story to what is going on.

But i have learned to be carefull with liking Shows produced by any of the MAJOR tv stations. Just like im expecting Terminator To be canceled. im expecting this to be canceled for no other reason than the Tv station the shows are running on.

What do you guys think. will the show survive the axe?

I think it's more a case of terminal stupitidy. Firefly and John Doe were loved by fans but canceled by Fox for low ratigns. What ratings? Everytime I tuned it to see either I got the Olsen Twins, The New Brady Movies or Richie Rich instead of the show. Here's a novel idea FOX try actually showing the series in question for a while be you declare the show a loss. I remember tuning in at *;58 pm for Joh Doe one night only to note they decided at the last minute to air another ep of that crapfest series based on Too Fast Too Furious movies. I noted they shopped that sucker over the whole week and no matter what night it was on nobody watched it but Firefly, John Doe we did watch kept getting yanked for other stuff. I think there's stuff goign on behind scenes and someone who had control over those shows airing hated the guy who ran them and so mucked about with the airings to screw up the show and make the guy in charge look bad. It's been done before where TPTB can't screw the guy they hate so they mess with his stuff.

lynna12000

[45]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 21
    It could be considerably worse. At least they didn't yank it after 2 episodes like they did Drive.

karlandi

[46]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 7
    lynna12000 wrote:
    It could be considerably worse. At least they didn't yank it after 2 episodes like they did Drive.

If I remember right, Drive never broke the 3 million viewers mark either (I believe the second episode scored a whole 1.8 million viewers?). Maybe its because the show sucked big time?

arseblog

[47]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 11
    I think is show is dragging. It's most likely going to get axed if it goes on like this. Up until "Reclassified" its been the same.

samosfromhalo

[48]Apr 9, 2008
    • level: 10

It's been improving a bit week to week. 3/31 it was 6 million. 4/7 it was 7.5 million. Pretty good. House is a good lead-in for New Amsterdam. Although the bad thing is, the New Amsterdam ratings are just barely better than the House rerun ratings. Next week will have Bones' season premiere to lead-in to New Amsterdam's season finale. If New Amsterdam can pull in really good ratings on the finale (9 million, even 10-12 million would be great), then I think it has a good chance at renewal. If it stays around this though (or worse, if the ratings drop), I'd say it'll probably be cancelled. Not sure though since I'm not sure what is considered good enough for FOX? Anyone here know?

HRGirl

[49]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 9
    I hope they don't axe it. I am really enjoying this new show! Too many good shows have been cancelled the past couple of years and it is sad. New Amsterdam better get renewed.

Bloodbath_87

[50]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 16
    I fear that they will, but i'm hoping for the best.

dwearsch

[51]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 8
    So maybe Fox will turn over a new leaf when it comes to New Amsterdam...oh wait they'll just cancel it and greenlight some crap reality show that features little people trying to break up the marriages of retired NBA centers.

dsly4425

[52]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 6

I hope that they don't cancel New Amsterdam either. The sad thing is that if it were on basic cable, it probably would do very well, especially on a network like TNT or USA. Actually if Fox does cancel it maybe they'll do the bright thing and put it on FX

samosfromhalo

[53]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 10
    The show dropped about a million viewers for the finale so right now, I'd say it could go either way. We'll probably have to wait until May 15th to find out.

D-BorG

[54]Apr 21, 2008
    • level: 14

This is so lame. All networks just wants one episode success. Most of the greatest old shows wouldn't stand a chance today. How can you see if the show is picking up when you cancel it after several episodes. The point of TV series is that it's work in progress. In time through episodes u get familiar with the characters and plot. Not to mention that most of the shows that is canceled never had the reasonable ending... Why waste time if you never gonna see the end or closure... Any closure.

And still Prison Break is up for season #4, although they should've closed it after the 2nd one (i'm not saying that the show was bad, only longer than it should've been). Beating the dead horse just to disturb the flies.

Edited on 04/21/2008 3:18am
    Edited 2 total times.

elanoringl

[55]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 13
    I really want they to keep New Amsterdam, I like the show and I think there's a lot of good stories to come yet. I'm waiting for the best but expecting the worst, I don't really think they will keep the show, what would be a real pity... let's wait and see...