New Amsterdam Forums

FOX (ended 2008)

Who wants his partner to be the ONE??

Sugar2U

[1]Mar 8, 2008
    • level: 9
    I dont know about all of U but I kinda like the partner better then the doctor SHE looks too old!! WHAT do U all think? AND as a side point how can immortality be a curse?? I guess when all your loved ones around U die and U keep liveing it could be a curse but I dont know for sure about that...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fy06awar

[2]Mar 8, 2008
    I agree with you ..I think the partner has good chemistry with him too

alwaysobsessed

[3]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 22
    agreed..

DoveSweety

[4]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 4
    No, that's too typical and this show is very NOT typical. I don't know if I like the doctor yet (she hasn't had a big part yet), so I'll have to see how they develop it and see if I'd prefer someone else. I don't want his partner to be the one, though. I like their relationship just fine.

alpenotzi

[5]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 6

I like the idea that it is neither nor, that he is casing the wrong Person.

I don't like the doctor very much, and his partner should imo stay just his partner, so i would prefere if there is somebody else.

anestaphine

[6]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 7
    Good question!
    One thing is for sure!
    The longer he searches, the more episodes we get!

Are you listening fox?
    Of course not!

kldubz

[7]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 10
    I don't know if I like either of them as "the one" I thought they could've done a lot better than that doctor woman but I can't really judge yet I mean they haven't really interacted enough to judge the chemistry. The partner and amsterdam do have chemistry though and I can see them working well together but I don't think it'll happen. I'm still waiting for them to suprise me and be like "guess what! Neither of them is the ONE! He's gay no just kidding, but I am still holding out for some kind of surprise, the doctor came too soon it's too simple. I might be totally off on this but that's just how I feel. This show just has so much potential and chemistry means everything, so they need to pick the right person.

gruvy

[8]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 1
    The partner? Too predictable. The doc? Too soon. We are only being teased. Gay Please no. Nothing against that lifestyle, but trying to shove it into mainstrean only hurts the cause in the long run.

This guy has been looking for 400 years - he is desperate. He thought Omar's mother what 'it'.

kldubz

[9]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 10

gruvy wrote:
    The partner? Too predictable. The doc? Too soon. We are only being teased. Gay Please no. Nothing against that lifestyle, but trying to shove it into mainstrean only hurts the cause in the long run. This guy has been looking for 400 years - he is desperate. He thought Omar's mother what 'it'.

I was just kidding with the gay thing. But I agree with you that the doctor came too soon and the partner was too predictable. I hope that is the case and it turns out to be someone entirely different and makes a much more complicated story. Like what if he fell in love with a child and had to wait until she grew up to be with her. That is REALLY unlikely I know and if looked at the wrong way really creepy but a story with complications is what makes a good drama. I just hope for something unpredictable. I just hope they find an actress with more chemistry with him than the options we have now.

d3x0x

[10]Mar 11, 2008
    I think the end of episode 3 is the plot twist the show needed. Didn't see that one coming.

SG1andAhalf

[11]Mar 11, 2008
    Eva didn't make him 'die' on the platform and the Doc is married. The quickest way to kill this show is to tell us who 'she' is too soon.

Myrddin19

[12]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 5
    I personally like the partner as the One, though it could be something developed later in the series, not right now... what if she is, and then she dies in the line of duty? that could have great dramatic strength. But I'm not being objective, I love Zuleikha's work and I'd love for her character to develop in a romantic way with John... though it can happen even if she's not the one, of course. Anyway, there's one thing I'm sure of, we need more episodes before we are presented with the One, whoever she is... More episodes!

Kanelle

[13]Mar 11, 2008

I think there is a chance that the partner is the one. Before ya'll start flaming me look back at his conversation with the suspect in the first episode. "Have you ever been in love....... being in love is like drowning when she's not there." As far as I can tell when John ran after the suspect to the subway it was the first time he was out of her company sense meeting her.

shocker713

[14]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 21
    This show is in the exact same sitaution as How I Met Your Mother...and that can be an advantage should it ever get cancelled. The show can randomly end at any time.

DarkBeauty73

[15]Mar 11, 2008

d3x0x wrote:
    I think the end of episode 3 is the plot twist the show needed. Didn't see that one coming.

Boy oh boy didn't see that one coming. The doc being married wow. I agree he can't find the one too soon or the show will be all about the relationship and his mortality.

As for his partner being the one. Well I can see that because he is always sharing things about himself and his past. Whether she believes him or not at this point isn't important, its the getting to know a person that counts. Then one day it could all just make sense. Besides why would they be making him so open and honest with this partner compared to the others it can't be just because she in a woman.

But we don't want that day too soon because then that would be the end of the show. Besides who's to say that it (finding the one) has to be that simple (a heart attack). I think finding the one that completes you, makes you whole isn't or shouldn't be that easy.

rlp218

[16]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 2
    I do too.

RTTV989

[17]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 21
    I am torn I kinda want it to be the partner but then I dont, I am pretty sure it wont be the doc, because it is to early in the series, but u never know.

Peregrine_Kloor

[18]Mar 14, 2008
    RTTV989 wrote:
    I am torn I kinda want it to be the partner but then I dont, I am pretty sure it wont be the doc, because it is to early in the series, but u never know.
    I agree but you never really know.

angelandspike

[19]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 66
    I wouldn't mind this if it were way in the future. I don't like the idea of Sara being the one, though.

ainho

[20]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 12

gruvy wrote:
    The partner? Too predictable. The doc? Too soon.

I agree. Plus I don't like the partner so far. Or the doctor, for that matter.
    But I guess that is just me, as Omar pointed he's desperate. I'm more concern, for instance, on how he's solving the cases and asking always the right questions at the right moment. Maybe it's because he truly knows his way around