TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

New Amsterdam Forums

FOX (ended 2008)

Who wants his partner to be the ONE??

SG1andAhalf

[21]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 7
    Peregrine_Kloor wrote:
    RTTV989 wrote:
    I am torn I kinda want it to be the partner but then I dont, I am pretty sure it wont be the doc, because it is to early in the series, but u never know.
    I agree but you never really know.

Dang you got that right! I don't want it to be his partner and I don't think it is. I don't think it will be the doc either, but tonights epi threw me a curve. Her being seperated and them getting 'together'. I didn't see it coming. So, having said that. I am pretty sure it isn't the doc either. She's a diversion!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lynna12000

[22]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 21
    It's too early to tell who is or is not 'The One'. It takes time to develop a good relationship. And it is early days for both the female relationships in Johns' life currently.

thetruesora

[23]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 22
    DarkBeauty73 wrote:

d3x0x wrote:
    I think the end of episode 3 is the plot twist the show needed. Didn't see that one coming.

Boy oh boy didn't see that one coming. The doc being married wow. I agree he can't find the one too soon or the show will be all about the relationship and his mortality.

Well I got the solution to the problem of her being married.... He has a fight to the death with that guy for her love.

imzadi_76

[24]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 5
    As long as the Doc is not the One I'm fine with. But yes, I like his partner, so why not?

ColtsPenguins

[25]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 23
    be honest i think the doc is okay but i always had a feeling it would be his partner

SG1andAhalf

[26]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 7
    ColtsPenguins wrote:
    be honest i think the doc is okay but i always had a feeling it would be his partner

I don't think it's either one of them.

D-LinkUK

[27]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 24
    To be honest i don't think either are 'the one' and we've still to meet her, maybe this is the way Fox will be able to create the episodes and seasons, that when they are fed-up with the show or it' not pulling in the ratings the writers create some women who we've never seen before come into Johns life and make him mortal, hence end of story and end of New Amsterdam as a series.

amorphously

[28]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 5
    I like the partner much more than the doc, and after episode 04 I feel there is no chemistry between them at all. But the partner angle will be much better if it is kept in the background...like she watches him bounce from partner to partner (and maybe she has a few of her own) but slowly as time goes by she starts to know him better and better and puts the pieces together. Side note: How many children do u think John has? Maggie, Omar...

allaboutmoxie

[29]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 14

I don't think Eva will turn out to be the one, but I do have to admit that I like her way better than the doctor. Something about a little more snark, and I value snark...

However, the twist of Sara being married was a stumper at first... But the next episode they suddenly say that they are separated... I'm sorry, but that's a lousy way of handling that twist... They could have made it soooo much more difficult than they are making it now...

That's why Sara cannot be the one... Too soon, too easy... I agree with all the remarks about John's desperation... I have the feeling someone else will be the one... But maybe that is just wishful thinking...

AllyJackson911

[30]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 12
    Kanelle wrote:

I think there is a chance that the partner is the one. Before ya'll start flaming me look back at his conversation with the suspect in the first episode. "Have you ever been in love....... being in love is like drowning when she's not there." As far as I can tell when John ran after the suspect to the subway it was the first time he was out of her company sense meeting her.

Didn't think of that before, interesting theory. Ya i can see several years of chasing other women before realizing the partner is the One. Also its been mentioned that she is his fith partner that year...yet she has managed to figure out how to deal well with him.

AllyJackson911

[31]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 12

amorphously wrote:
    I like the partner much more than the doc, and after episode 04 I feel there is no chemistry between them at all. But the partner angle will be much better if it is kept in the background...like she watches him bounce from partner to partner (and maybe she has a few of her own) but slowly as time goes by she starts to know him better and better and puts the pieces together. Side note: How many children do u think John has? Maggie, Omar...

Sugar2U

[32]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 9
    YUCKKKYYY is all I thought when he slept with the doctor ( Sarah?) dont even know her name.. she is gross!!! AND I know some dont think his partner is all that BUT she is waaayyy better then the doctor..I hope they knock her out of the running soon.. He told her the truth and OK it is a little far fetched BUT she has seen him come to LIFE after being dead AND she knows he has abnormalities in his blood so if anyone was to believe him it should be her!!! BUT NOOOO she walks away.. dumbass doc.

mackski

[33]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 13
    No way the partner even ranks in the same league "looks" wise with the doctor...sorry someone had to be the shallow guy voice in here. I don't think Amsterdam will ever go for his partner. Would be a silly predictable direction if that was the case....so it could actually happen. Even if I'm not a big fan of her looks I really hope they do get into his partner's background because I think she can actually be a very interesting character, if not his love interest. I don't think the Dr. will be the one...as many of you already stated it would be too soon to introduce "the one" this early in the series. Just my thoughts.

Sugar2U

[34]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 9

mackski wrote:
    No way the partner even ranks in the same league "looks" wise with the doctor...sorry someone had to be the shallow guy voice in here. I don't think Amsterdam will ever go for his partner. Would be a silly predictable direction if that was the case....so it could actually happen. Even if I'm not a big fan of her looks I really hope they do get into his partner's background because I think she can actually be a very interesting character, if not his love interest. I don't think the Dr. will be the one...as many of you already stated it would be too soon to introduce "the one" this early in the series. Just my thoughts.

OK I am not a guy or gay BUT I think the partner is better looking then the doctor..of course that is my opinion but there it is..

Brinady

[35]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 3
    Here are the options as I see them. The ONE is either:
    The doc--to early, and too unpleasant, i agree
    The partner--predictable, but it could work if it's played right Random unidentified person from the train platform--possible, but it would be lame
    Someone we know who was (surprise!) also secretly at the train platform (any random female who's been involved in the story at all, the boss included) Story-wise, i don't really like any of these options very well. If i had to pick though, i would definitly say go for the partner. Not just because i'm a sucker for partner relationships. I really think they could work. And I think the doc's doom was sealed the moment she and amsterdam...did their thing. That was way too early. Sure there are other complications and surprises between them. But I sure hope their final surprise is that she's not the one after all!

me_wilson

[36]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 10

I really didn't want it to be her to begin with but the more I see her interact with Amsterdam the more I like the idea. She is strong willed but open to what John says (even the "wacky" and unexplainable-unless you are 400ish).

Sure it may be pedictable but considering how much time they are bound to spend together as partners and what they share with eachother it's not silly that she may be "the One."

To be completely honest I dont like the Doc and tend to boo when she comes on screen. Not fair to her but it's true.

kathync

[37]Apr 4, 2008
    • level: 13
    I think I'd rather it be the partner than the doc - something about the doc just puts me off. But I'd really rather it turned out to be someone either we haven't met yet or who we know and was on that platform but we just didn't see. A bit more of a surprise or out of left field instead of too predictable.

skyblu5_9

[38]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 1
    I've been thinking about her partner being the one since the first time I've ever heard of the show. I for one like her partner Eva to be the one.

krisi1021

[39]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 11

Wow, I never knew so many people were against Sarah being "the one", and after reading everything, I'm still unsure as to why no one wants her as "the one".
    Either way, I like the doctor, but I agree ... I don't think she's the one. I think John as invested so much into her, with the desperation of wanting her to be "the one", that he's missing the obvious.
    Now, I'm not saying that his partner is "the one", but it'd be a better storyline than Sarah ... just b/c it was so easy, and fast. There has to be more buildup, considering that the entire backbone to this story is the fact that he is immortal! Without that, there's not many directions you can take this series.

I don't want to watch him go on wild hunt's for "the one" the rest of his endless days, but fact remains ... if this series wants another season, Sarah can't be the one. Unless, she is ... but they convince the viewers, and John that she's not, and he leaves her side as a mortal, not knowing until years later. Then he begins the search for Sarah. Lol Stretch, I know!

QuestionMarq

[40]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 4

Officially there are three main women who are in league to becoming "the one".

1. The Doctor

2. The Partner

3. The Police Chief

I personally think it can go any way right now. After seeing the last episode, it kind of sealed the fate that it's still up in the air, and that the doctor may not be the one.