New Amsterdam

Pilot

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 04, 2008 on FOX

• I like Amsterdam. Typical cop story. Confusing and chaotic story line. Pretty funny.

I was really worried this would be another let down. But surprisingly, it wasn't. I really enjoyed the story, the characters, the premise of the show.

I like John Amsterdam. His character of course has all the typical "I'm a tough police detective, no body can stand me, and that's just fine because I work best alone." But the jokes are funny, he's nice to look at, and he's believable. The cop story wasn't so interesting and left something to be desired. It was never really explained why the murder victim was having an affair with her ex-boyfriend's father, who is the one who killed her, but we really didn't know why, and then he tries to frame her current boyfriend. Hmm... now that I think of it, I am even more confused. The set up of his back story was somewhat intriguing, but is still a little bland. Hopefully that will be juiced up wwith more episodes. Immortality and tepees aside - I was just glad he wasn't a vampire. I love the jokes, especially the one about his 600 something girlfriends. And when his new partner asked how many wives he's had, he answers "one...at a time". Cute. I hope this is one of my new favorite shows!