New Amsterdam

Pilot

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 04, 2008 on FOX

• New Show - New Amsterdam

In this pilot episode we are introduced to John Amsterdam, he seems normal, leads a normal life as a homicide detective with a vast knowledge of history, only John has a secret, he is immortal.

400 odd years ago John rescues a tribe of native Indians but is killed in the process, a witch doctor of the tribe brings John back and gives him as a gift immortality, John will not die or get old and the only way to break the spell is to find true love, naturally John searches for ' the one ' without success until one day chasing a perp onto the subway his heart gives out, a doctor travelling on the train gets him back to the hospital but is pronounced dead on arrival, this is just a minor heart stoppage and John lives but starts to wonder why he had a heart attack.

Along with his friend Omar and his dog ( which he numbers instead of names ) go about there daily lives still searching for the one. I loved this episode and it looks as if I have a new favourite to fill the void, my only concern is that Fox doe's not have a great track record when it comes to new shows and especially a new show that's been compared to Highlander.