New Amsterdam

Soldier's Heart

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 10, 2008 on FOX

• New amster DAMN! Whats so civil about war? Sigh- If only I could make someone's pulse race. D'oh! She's married!

Okay, this show has now officially entered the top ten of my favourite current shows. The Civil War was always one of my favourite thing to study in history. So this episode was especially interesting to me. And the fact that the writers included very accurate information only made it that much more awesome! The inclusion of Walt Whitman was genius. So for the writer who is a Civil War nut like me - I got it!! The Battle of Antiedam was a good battle to choose for the flashbacks. It was one of the better known battles. Don't get me wrong, the whole reason it was brought into this story was not lost on me. I know he remembered having a patient who had PTSD, and he didn't do much to help him with the pain that wasn't physical. So he really wanted to help the soldier who was suffering from the same affliction in current times. Loved the part where he checks his pulse when he sees the doctor. It took my breath away, it was romantic in a innocent but cheesy way. Though it's not the "finding his one true love" that interests me as much as his long life and his evolution through time, I did feel as if I had been punched in the gut much like I am sure he felt when the Dr. Sara introduces him to her wanker looking husband.

Keep it coming!! I have the episodes marked on my calendar.