A New Girl Community
Tuesday 9:00 PM on FOX (Returning September 16th, 2014)

Fox has decided to take some of the mystery out of guessing which of its shows will be back next season by announcing early four early renewals for comedies New Girl (returning for Season 4), The Mindy Project (returning for Season 3), and Brooklyn Nine-Nine (returning for Season 2), as well as the Kevin Bacon-fronted serial-killer drama The Following (returning for Season 3). 

New Girl's renewal is probably the least surprising of the bunch; Fox clearly wants it to stick around, and even awarded the comedy half of this year's coveted post-Super Bowl slot. Despite a rather disappointing start to Season 3 and a continued unevenness, the show still has its moments and earns relatively decent ratings. Meanwhile, it's time-slot partner Brooklyn Nine-Nine just won a Golden Globe (as did B99 star Andy Samberg), which probably didn't directly translate to a renewal, but certainly didn't hurt the show's chances. Also I think this .GIF speaks for itself:

As for The Mindy Project, that one's a wonderful surprise. It was not a foregone conclusion that the series would return for a third season, especially since it's taking a good chunk of time off at the moment. But now that Danny and Mindy have smooched, and the season finale is titled “Danny and Mindy," I can't wait to see where the series will take those two obviously-made-for-each-other kids when the series returns with back-to-back episodes on April 1.

Oh, and the The Following, hmmm, well, that show will return for Season 3, and it stars Kevin Bacon and I guess a lot of people like Kevin Bacon? 

Elsewhere, Fox has already renewed Glee for Season 6Bones for Season 10, and Sleepy Hollow for Season 2. There's still no word on the future of Dads, EnlistedAlmost Human, Rake, or Raising Hope.

thekaitling:list:which-renewal-are-you-most-excited-about/

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/6/2014

Season 3 : Episode 23

119 Comments
Follow this Show
Members