New Girl

Fancyman, Part 1

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Mar 20, 2012 on FOX

• new girl fancymen part 1

i enjoyed this episode i liked especialy when shmidit was making winston look stupid in front of his girlfriend and i liked it when jess wanted to use the toilet but it turned out to be one of those japanese toilets and it squirted her and russel it was really funny and when nick was pretending to be the president i thought this was a funny episode
  • Haven't laughed that hard in a while

This was definitely one of the funniest episodes of the series so far! I couldn't stop cracking up over Nick and Jess at that guy's house! It's funny that this show is so awesome and I don't even like the girl who plays Jess, can't stand her in fact, but somehow the show just works and I'm loving it.
  • Jess sparks the interest of a student's rich father.

For the first time ever, "New Girl" has a two-parter in which a rich man who is the father of one of Jess's students takes interest in her, although he reprimands her of letting her daughter be creative in school. The two meet again when Jess's car breaks down and Russell (the man) offers her his car, which was a nice move, but I still don't approve of him, especially the scary age difference. In my opinion, this is worse than the 18 years between her and Jim Carrey, who she played the love interest in the film "Yes Man" in 2008. He invites her to a party he's having at his mansion where he asks her out on a date after she can't solve out his fancy Japanese toilet. Nick tags along and puts on a show as his previous rant against rich people has disappeared. This was after he was denied a new cell phone because of a "credit score lower than his weight" according to Winston, who once again plays in the C plot with Schmidt, who is once again being a jerk by impressing Shelby by knowing random trivia questions and teasing Winston about it. Nothing really happened there. And although I hate Russell being a distraction from Jess & Nick, the episode was great.
  • Fancyman Part 1

Fancyman Part 1 was a superb episode of New Girl because it was hilarious while having real character and plot development. I enjoyed watching as Jess had to deal with one of her students parents, Winston felt Schmidt was making him look bad, and Nick had a breadth of new inspiration. The scenes were funny while being connected and engaging. This episode proves that New Girl isn't the average show in terms of production, especially the writing. I love the progression of the story lines which have a unique pace. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!