Tuesday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

New Girl vs. Whitney

drudager

[21]Feb 17, 2012
    • level: 13
    irehawk20 wrote:

New Girl still leads.

Where?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pudgebyrd722

[22]Feb 21, 2012
    • level: 51
    drudager wrote:
    irehawk20 wrote:

New Girl still leads.

Where?
    Maybe they counted how many people on this thread responded with "New Girl."

IsisIsabella

[23]Mar 14, 2012
    • level: 9

I absolutely pick New Girl. I don't think Whitney is very funny. Besides, the characters in 'New Girl' are much more likeable in their craziness. Well, it's hard to explain anyway, but I don't think New Girl and Whitney are to be compared. They're just too different in my opinion.

irehawk20

[24]Mar 16, 2012

Both shows talk about gratuitous sex and obscene language. But another difference is that Whitney has a live audience with shy screw-up relationships and New Girl does not have a live audience and the relationships are kinda too mild.

drudager

[25]Mar 22, 2012
    irehawk20 wrote:

Both shows talk about gratuitous sex and obscene language. But another difference is that Whitney has a live audience with shy screw-up relationships and New Girl does not have a live audience and the relationships are kinda too mild.

Ehhhh, "Whitney" having a live audience being generous. That's a laugh track. Plus New Girl goes all over the place - literally - while on Whitney it's like they're always stuck in an apt or bar. They are pretty different.

irehawk20

[26]Mar 29, 2012

drudager wrote:
    irehawk20 wrote:

Ehhhh, "Whitney" having a live audience being generous. That's a laugh track. Plus New Girl goes all over the place - literally - while on Whitney it's like they're always stuck in an apt or bar. They are pretty different.

New Girl still leads.

pudgebyrd722

[27]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 51

irehawk20 wrote:

drudager wrote:
    irehawk20 wrote:

New Girl still leads.

I'm pretty sure New Girl won't stop leading. On the other hand, I don't see how NBC could renew Whitney for another season. If they couldn't do it for Freaks and Geeks, then no way for Whitney. I was thinking of Freaks and Geeks because Martin Starr made an appearance in Fancyman Part 2 and was brilliant, as he was as Bill in Freaks and Geeks.

irehawk20

[28]Apr 27, 2012

pudgebyrd722 wrote:

irehawk20 wrote:

drudager wrote:
    irehawk20 wrote:

New Girl still leads.

I'm pretty sure New Girl won't stop leading. On the other hand, I don't see how NBC could renew Whitney for another season. If they couldn't do it for Freaks and Geeks, then no way for Whitney. I was thinking of Freaks and Geeks because Martin Starr made an appearance in Fancyman Part 2 and was brilliant, as he was as Bill in Freaks and Geeks.

New Girl will win it all.

drudager

[29]Apr 27, 2012
    Where??

irehawk20

[30]May 16, 2012

It turns out both shows have been renewed for a second season.

drudager

[31]Jun 5, 2012
    IsisIsabella wrote:

Well, it's hard to explain anyway, but I don't think New Girl and Whitney are to be compared. They're just too different in my opinion.

That's right. One is apples and the other is cyanide. Whitney has some of the worst writing I have ever seen.

drudager

[32]Jun 5, 2012
    irehawk20 wrote:

It turns out both shows have been renewed for a second season.

Whitney being renewed is probably the biggest unlikely underdog winner in probably the history of television. Either the executives at NBC got confused on who they were & maybe thought "Whitney" was "Two Broke Girls", or somebody was bribed, or probably extremely intoxicated.

drudager

[33]Jun 5, 2012
    What pisses me off is that New Girl has been put up against (at least for now) "Happy Endings" which is a much closer type of show than "Whitney".