New Girl Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

New Girl vs. Whitney

  • Avatar of drudager

    drudager

    [21]Feb 17, 2012
    • member since: 07/07/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,282
    irehawk20 wrote:

    New Girl still leads.



    Where?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pudgebyrd722

    pudgebyrd722

    [22]Feb 21, 2012
    • member since: 09/07/09
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 1,365
    drudager wrote:
    irehawk20 wrote:

    New Girl still leads.



    Where?
    Maybe they counted how many people on this thread responded with "New Girl."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of IsisIsabella

    IsisIsabella

    [23]Mar 14, 2012
    • member since: 08/09/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 31

    I absolutely pick New Girl. I don't think Whitney is very funny. Besides, the characters in 'New Girl' are much more likeable in their craziness. Well, it's hard to explain anyway, but I don't think New Girl and Whitney are to be compared. They're just too different in my opinion.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of irehawk20

    irehawk20

    [24]Mar 16, 2012
    • member since: 09/29/11
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 517

    Both shows talk about gratuitous sex and obscene language. But another difference is that Whitney has a live audience with shy screw-up relationships and New Girl does not have a live audience and the relationships are kinda too mild.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of drudager

    drudager

    [25]Mar 22, 2012
    • member since: 07/07/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,282
    irehawk20 wrote:

    Both shows talk about gratuitous sex and obscene language. But another difference is that Whitney has a live audience with shy screw-up relationships and New Girl does not have a live audience and the relationships are kinda too mild.



    Ehhhh, "Whitney" having a live audience being generous. That's a laugh track. Plus New Girl goes all over the place - literally - while on Whitney it's like they're always stuck in an apt or bar. They are pretty different.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of irehawk20

    irehawk20

    [26]Mar 29, 2012
    • member since: 09/29/11
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 517

    drudager wrote:
    irehawk20 wrote:


    Both shows talk about gratuitous sex and obscene language. But another difference is that Whitney has a live audience with shy screw-up relationships and New Girl does not have a live audience and the relationships are kinda too mild.


    Ehhhh, "Whitney" having a live audience being generous. That's a laugh track. Plus New Girl goes all over the place - literally - while on Whitney it's like they're always stuck in an apt or bar. They are pretty different.


    New Girl still leads.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pudgebyrd722

    pudgebyrd722

    [27]Apr 3, 2012
    • member since: 09/07/09
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 1,365

    irehawk20 wrote:


    drudager wrote:
    irehawk20 wrote:


    Both shows talk about gratuitous sex and obscene language. But another difference is that Whitney has a live audience with shy screw-up relationships and New Girl does not have a live audience and the relationships are kinda too mild.


    Ehhhh, "Whitney" having a live audience being generous. That's a laugh track. Plus New Girl goes all over the place - literally - while on Whitney it's like they're always stuck in an apt or bar. They are pretty different.


    New Girl still leads.


    I'm pretty sure New Girl won't stop leading. On the other hand, I don't see how NBC could renew Whitney for another season. If they couldn't do it for Freaks and Geeks, then no way for Whitney. I was thinking of Freaks and Geeks because Martin Starr made an appearance in Fancyman Part 2 and was brilliant, as he was as Bill in Freaks and Geeks.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of irehawk20

    irehawk20

    [28]Apr 27, 2012
    • member since: 09/29/11
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 517

    pudgebyrd722 wrote:


    irehawk20 wrote:


    drudager wrote:
    irehawk20 wrote:


    Both shows talk about gratuitous sex and obscene language. But another difference is that Whitney has a live audience with shy screw-up relationships and New Girl does not have a live audience and the relationships are kinda too mild.


    Ehhhh, "Whitney" having a live audience being generous. That's a laugh track. Plus New Girl goes all over the place - literally - while on Whitney it's like they're always stuck in an apt or bar. They are pretty different.


    New Girl still leads.


    I'm pretty sure New Girl won't stop leading. On the other hand, I don't see how NBC could renew Whitney for another season. If they couldn't do it for Freaks and Geeks, then no way for Whitney. I was thinking of Freaks and Geeks because Martin Starr made an appearance in Fancyman Part 2 and was brilliant, as he was as Bill in Freaks and Geeks.



    New Girl will win it all.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of drudager

    drudager

    [29]Apr 27, 2012
    • member since: 07/07/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,282
    Where??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of irehawk20

    irehawk20

    [30]May 16, 2012
    • member since: 09/29/11
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 517

    It turns out both shows have been renewed for a second season.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of drudager

    drudager

    [31]Jun 5, 2012
    • member since: 07/07/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,282
    IsisIsabella wrote:

    Well, it's hard to explain anyway, but I don't think New Girl and Whitney are to be compared. They're just too different in my opinion.



    That's right. One is apples and the other is cyanide. Whitney has some of the worst writing I have ever seen.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of drudager

    drudager

    [32]Jun 5, 2012
    • member since: 07/07/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,282
    irehawk20 wrote:

    It turns out both shows have been renewed for a second season.



    Whitney being renewed is probably the biggest unlikely underdog winner in probably the history of television. Either the executives at NBC got confused on who they were & maybe thought "Whitney" was "Two Broke Girls", or somebody was bribed, or probably extremely intoxicated.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of drudager

    drudager

    [33]Jun 5, 2012
    • member since: 07/07/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,282
    What pisses me off is that New Girl has been put up against (at least for now) "Happy Endings" which is a much closer type of show than "Whitney".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.