New Girl Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Nick vs. Schmidt???

irehawk20

[1]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 9

Schmidt is more handsome, but Nick is more harsh!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pudgebyrd722

[2]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 51
    If this is a thread debating who we like more...

I still don't know.

irehawk20

[3]Feb 10, 2012

Another thing, both guys are brunnettes.

drudager

[4]Feb 14, 2012
    • level: 13
    I'd go with Nick as my favorite of the two. Schmidt is way too metro & a spoiled fancy boy.

drudager

[5]Feb 14, 2012
    irehawk20 wrote:

Another thing, both guys are brunnettes.

Uh... do chicks really care about that stuff? It's not like young guys change their hair color like chicks do.

pudgebyrd722

[6]Apr 26, 2012
    drudager wrote:
    I'd go with Nick as my favorite of the two. Schmidt is way too metro & a spoiled fancy boy.
    Since I've watched about half of the episodes now, I too, agree that I like Nick slightly more. However, Schmidt is still hilarious. Yeah, if we had to put up with him in real life, that'd be horrible. But watching others have to deal with it makes me realize that he's funny.

The entire cast is funny, actually. I like Winston as well but he doesn't get as much attention.

drudager

[7]Apr 26, 2012
    Nick sure has an anger problem, that's for sure. I hope Jess doesn't confuse that with "passion". And of course, in "Tomatoes" implying the inevitable hook up, en nauseum. Which we probably won't see a Nick/Jess hookup until Season 3 or 4. You know, just before fans of the show get bored & they pull a Rachael/Ross trick.

mrsquinto

[8]Apr 27, 2012

With Ross and Rachel the attraction (at least from Ross) was there from episode 1 and here - at least, I hope it's the case - it will slowly develop as they go, I think nick and jess could actually work.

I like Nick's harsh, sarcastic sense of humor but Schmidt is getting awesomely HILARIOUS too. especially in the last couple of episodes when he shows his feelings for Cece. I didn't quite care for him in the beginning where his character was just sushi-eating (ki)mono-wearing douche, but there is another side to him - and he's starting to really grow on me.

I can't decide which one is my fav, mostly because what I love about this show is the chemistry between all three guys - each of them bring something fun to the table.

irehawk20

[9]Apr 27, 2012

drudager wrote:
    Nick sure has an anger problem, that's for sure. I hope Jess doesn't confuse that with "passion". And of course, in "Tomatoes" implying the inevitable hook up, en nauseum. Which we probably won't see a Nick/Jess hookup until Season 3 or 4. You know, just before fans of the show get bored & they pull a Rachael/Ross trick.

No wonder Nick is very harsh young man! He screamed angrily his head off in both "Bells" and "Tomatoes" episodes right in front of everybody and nobody couldn't care about him and his anger!

enomo67

[10]May 3, 2012
    • level: 11

Schmidt for the win. He's easily the best part of the show, let alone versus just Nick. He's so hilarious, and he's always been the reason I tune in to watch New Girl, even in the beginning when it was floundering to find a foothold as a series. And he just gets better as he shows that he's not just super freakin' funny, but also a nice guy who really cares about Cece.

pudgebyrd722

[11]May 10, 2012

mrsquinto wrote:
    I can't decide which one is my fav, mostly because what I love about this show is the chemistry between all three guys - each of them bring something fun to the table.

That's the thing. There is no character on this show that I hate. Picking favorites would be too difficult.

irehawk20

[12]May 12, 2012

pudgebyrd722 wrote:

mrsquinto wrote:

That's the thing. There is no character on this show that I hate. Picking favorites would be too difficult.

Nick has more rough anger than Schmidt and Winston, I cannot even stand Nick at all!

drudager

[13]Jun 5, 2012
    Nick is a much more tortured soul. The beard stage was frickin' hilarious to me.

HumanAddiction

[14]Sep 14, 2012
    • level: 4

It depends on what we're talking about here. Schmidt is definitely funnier, but I think Nick is more likeable. It really is a tough choice. They are both super awesome. Have to say that New Girl is my favorite show at the moment! Love it so much!

mysteriousopal

[15]Oct 3, 2012
    • level: 29
    Nick seems more likeable to me, though he definitely has some anger issues that he sometimes hides very well. I still like him more than Schmidt - he's hilarious though.