New Girl Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

This show is...

lordwinter1977

[1]Sep 8, 2011
    • level: 6

OMG

This show is terrible.... i could not watch it straight. the dialogue as horrible. Whoever wrote this has a secret hatred for Zooey Deneschal. I had to fast forward through certain parts.

they forced a bond between the four of them in the first episode... Zooey's character was barely developed, the three stooges (jock, douche and pansy) had not real stable foundation yet they were all able to find a kindred connections in 30mins or less. half expected Papa Johns to come out at the end and rate this a goodfamilymeal.

also the intro song was retchingly terrible... i had to make that word

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CoffeeCake225

[2]Sep 8, 2011
    • level: 15
    no pilot episode it perfect....how can they develop 4 main characters in 30 mins.

lordwinter1977

[3]Sep 9, 2011

exactly they can't yet they were trying too

they showed a basis for each character with drawing it out over 4-6 episodes

And take Zooey's character. She plays a quirky, hopeless and heartbroken... then they throw in gawky and clumsy. No no no this is terrible, it's as if they are trying to relate her awkwardness to her sister's character on Bones. So many of these 2nd rate shows try and feed of the dynamics of shows that are successful. hoping that we the viewer wouldn't notice and watch blindly

i am sorry that your find this show worth wasting 32 mins (2mins waiting for the show to start and 30mins for the show) but it's not worth anyones time.

the only positive note on this show that it gave some people work to do.

Beastgirl2

[4]Sep 20, 2011
    • level: 11

This show kinda reminded me of "About a Girl," with the bad acting and cheesy story. But it wasn't quite as bad. Zooey's character is a lot more random than I thought she'd be.

MarkoTodorovi

[5]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 4
    the pilot was fantastic. I will definitely continue to watch

Kartana

[6]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 9

MarkoTodorovi wrote:
    the pilot was fantastic. I will definitely continue to watch

Same! Great first episode!

Just_Jos

[8]Sep 21, 2011

Loved the pilot, gonna watch this show every week.

SpriteWolf

[9]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 12
    I loved the show too! Dunno what those first few people were talking about, but I thought it was great and I look forward to the next episode. ^^

sshan39

[10]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 7
    I was so dissapointed! I like her and liked her character for the most part but this show is awful and i dont like the other characters except for coach a little bit and he is leaving already! Too bad! This show sucks.

ireeagle

[11]Sep 21, 2011

Some of you think "New Girl" is bad due to too much awkwardness. Unfortunately, the critics liked the pilot episode of this show and like the awkwardness of Zooey Deschanel alot. Although, "New Girl" was in first place in FOX Tuesday Night pushing "Glee" in second place.

thechosenonecj

[12]Sep 21, 2011
    Just watched it now. Think I laughed more than I have in a while so it's a good show in my book.

althalus69

[13]Sep 22, 2011
    Watched it, liked it

And is Zoey channeling the early Tina Fey? Without the nerdiness...

angeland8

[14]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 10
    I didn't like it too much. Either Zooey Deschanel was trying to hard and then it's her fault, ot her caharcter was so awfully written. She was supposed to be odd, but charming. She was just irritating. But I loved the guys, and Zooey might still save this show, so I'll give it another try.

bkto

[15]Sep 24, 2011
    I thought it was great.

To whoever it was that said they didn't like the three dudes all forging relationships and caring about her so soon.. It was their fault, they encouraged her to get out and get back on the horse. The douche who left her at the dinner was a convenient way to show that they are capable of realizing cause and effect.

And I think she is beautiful, gorgeous, especially when she was wearing her model friends dress, but the quirky glasses and hair, so pretty.

LostVengeance

[16]Sep 27, 2011

Show was stellar. The humor and characters were so ridiculous and out there that I had no choice but to laugh. It's the same idiotic/awkward comedy that Raising Hope and Modern Family have; and in my opinion, that's great.

I'm absolutely tired of Sit Coms trying to be ridiculous, but carry themselves in a serious manor; and thus just being an atrocious mess of mediocrity that some how manages to find huge amounts of fans that still believe shows that Jump The Shark in EVERY episode is hilarious (I'm looking at you Two and a Half Men, and select episodes of Big Bang Theory).

Suffice it to say. New Girl was a breath of fresh air, and I'm beyond stoked to catch the new episode. As I said above, this, Raising Hope, and Modern Family are the only Sit Coms I can manage to watch without getting bored as hell.

PrometheusKa

[17]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 1

I enjoyed Zooey's character in the pilot. [Maybe I'm biased because I have a huge crush on her] I liked her comedic timing. Kind of weird seeing Damon Jr in it since he's also in that other show with hottie Elisha Cuthbert. All-in-all, it was good. If you don't like it, you're not its target audience or you're just a trying hard to be a Roger Ebert. Critic FAIL.

ireeagle

[18]Sep 28, 2011

sshan39 wrote:
    I was so dissapointed! I like her and liked her character for the most part but this show is awful and i dont like the other characters except for coach a little bit and he is leaving already! Too bad! This show sucks.

Unfortunately, this show ended in in first place again in FOX Tuesday Night!

meee223

[19]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 8
    Yeah, after 2 episodes, it isn't funny at all. Don't know how much more I can watch. Well, at least Whitney is pretty good.

EJamison

[20]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 17

I didn't think the 2ndepisode got any better.

I would love to see a research study that for each viewer in the study it would analyze what other shows they have watched in the past and what they liked and disliked about those shows and see if there is a clear pattern.

I suspect that there are at least some people who will laugh whenever the canned laughter is there. I think it is probably something in their DNA.

I think some people have cognitive dissonance -- if they took the time to watch the show, they won't allow themselves to think they wasted the time.

I think I have been spoiled by classic sitcomsso I have a high bar.