New Girl

Kryptonite

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Sep 27, 2011 on FOX

7.9
  • the beginning of commitment to this apt

Jess breaks the tv, forcing her to get her stuff from her ex's. Second show to end with a rally at the end. But the first to be believable.
  • Where the (bleep) is Coach (Damon Wayans Jr.)?

Nick and Schmidt help Jess get her stuff out of her ex-boyfriend's apartment. Jess also meets her new roommate Winston, who he tries to get his old room back from Schmidt. I can't believe Damon Wayans Jr. already left the show right after the pilot episode. He was hilarious in the pilot episode. What kind of show does that? a main character already gets replaced after the first episode. Coach (Damon Wayans Jr.) is now replaced by another black guy named Winston. Winston does add a lot of humor this show though. Still, Damon Wayans Jr. would have made the rest of the show very funny. This episode of "New Girl" was good but it was a getting really boring in some parts and it really just fell flat. There were some very funny moments but there are parts that really are just nothing but a MISS. I don't know what fans think of this episode but I guess it's an episode where you either love/like/hate it. Overall, a good episode of "New Girl" but I really can't Damon Wayans Jr. is gone after the pilot episode... that was just a big bowl of bull right there. 7/10

• Jess attempts to get back her stuff from her ex's house.

The follow-up to New Girl's pilot was surprisingly strong but suffers from losing the character Coach. He was hilarious in the pilot, one of my favorite parts about it, so randomly losing him hurt the episode a bit, especially since a new character is introduced so quickly and doesn't seem nearly as charismatic as Coach. But he was good, I'll give him that, and will give him the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, the rest of the characters seem to be finding a groove of sorts.

Zooey Deschanel was a little more in the background, with Schmidt's character coming to the forefront and getting in an argument with the new character (can't remember his name yet) over who is Top Dog in the apartment. It's a funnier plot than he was given last time, and even though Schmidt is the idiot of the group, I liked him here a lot more, especially when the roommates all face off against Spence, Jess' ex-boyfriend.

I liked Zooey a lot more here too. She seemed to be way over the top in the Pilot. Here, she pushes towards that point again, but she's a lot more enjoyable and cute than before. I'm looking forward to seeing how the show grows from here on out.

• got alil boring....

so first impression... where is coach? they killed him.... someone realized there was another black fitnesstraineron another show..but who said u had , but who said u had to replace it with another black guy and a basketball player?? seriously he like what 5feet tall..??

secondimpressionintro song... singed by zoey.. yay we seeing her taking on the whole show ...love it

third impression.... the model friend looks alot hotter n prettier on a 65inch HDTV then my 15 inch laptop online stream.

4th... hope they stop using jess breakup as a main subject... i mean its over.. and .. its kinda pathetic and boring... shes way better than that!

• Kryptonite

Kryptonite was a great episode of New Girl and I really enjoyed watching this episode. I liked the opening sequence for the show. The story picks up with Jess needing to move on from her past and an accident in the apartment gives a reason to make it happen. It was fun to watch the guys trying to help Jess. There were many laughs and funny scenes. I liked the back and forth between Schmidt and Winston. Cece is awesome as well. It's funny how Jess brings them all together. I love her quirky ways and am always entertained and enthralled by the adorable Zooey D. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!