New Girl

Quick Hardening Caulk

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Mar 19, 2013 on FOX

7.9
  • "Perfect, round fish breasts"

That golden line was delivered by Schmidt after falling in love with a lionfish. Elsewhere, Jess realizes that she wants . Here are the eight things I liked in "Quick Hardening Caulk":

1. Schmidt is drowning his sorrow in melon liquor. The opening scene in which he describes all the things he was down about is comedic gold ("the air pollution in China, the deficit, The Hobbit wasn't very good. If I want to see dwarves in a real time dinner scene, I would've gone to Koreatown")

2. Nick discovers that there's a separate compartment for soap in the dishwasher. He truly is a changed man.

3. To lift up his mood, Winston takes Schmidt to an aquarium, where the latter falls in love with a lionfish. The bit with the aquarium worker who calmly puts on another hat after Schmidt steals his was fantastic.

4. Nick and Jess goes to the hardware store where everything Nick does and is looking for gets Jess hot. The best part of the episode was the older woman who admires Nick while he's pulling on some steel chains ("Yeah, yank that chain. Yank . A close second is Jess reading off all the things Nick needs and its getting her a little hot ("Long-shafted drive drill? New nut wrench?")

5. Schmidt's search for a lionfish takes him and WInston to the ocean, where Schmidt promptly gets stung by a jellyfish. After admitting that he has no pee left for the sting, the ever-helpful Winston asks if number 2 will help.

6. Jess finds out that Nick is sleeping with his new boss. Big Bob tries to help.

7. Nick and Jess' confrontation. I'm not the biggest fan of these "will-they-won't-they-plotlines" in general, but these scenes are just amazing. I would not mind more of Nick and Jess if this is how they get together ("Move your damn head" "Kiss me like a man")

8. The end tag with Schmidt's poetic goodbye to the lionfish, proving that he's one of the best characters on TV right now.

• YEAH BABY !!!

the title says it all ;)
  • Quick Hardening Caulk

Quick Hardening Caulk was a hilarious and very entertaining episode of New Girl. I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of great character growth and plot progression. It was intriguing to see how events unfolded and revelations were made. I liked how everything played out and look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • GREAT EPISODE! One of the funniest episodes.

I'm LOVING Ness!

I want them together now... and they should stay together - no on and off thing (like Rachel/Ross).

Schmidt/Winston was great. I love this pair. The writers are superb at their job and so are the actors. They could make a pair out any of those room mates and they would be great together.

GREAT EPISODE! One of the funniest episodes.