New Girl

Tuesday 8:30 PM on FOX Premiered Sep 20, 2011 Between Seasons

neomichel

New Girl Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• nice BUT...

I startted watching the series mainly because I like Zooey Deschanel and it has turned out to be a plesant surprise so far (just started season 2). What annoys me though is that Jess is wearing glasses without lenses and with no explanation on why this is happening. If the character does it for stylish reasons, then she is stupid to have glasses without lenses on them (who does that?). If the makers thought that we wouldn't notice, then they are insulting our intelligence. In any case this is a big minus for me.
  • hilarious

She is such a freak, it is sooooo funny.
  • New Girl Fashion

Hey everyone! Like Jess' style? Check out to shop her exact looks and more! Also, be sure to visit our facebook page at to keep up with the latest fashion trends featured in your favorite shows!
  • craziest funniest series out ther

best show in the world and super it. amazing script, up to u
  • Laugh Out Loud!

Best show since Friends!
  • The best show on TV

New girl is the best show on TV right now. It's witty humor and emotionally invested plot lines combine to make this the only show I'd never miss an episode of.
  • Consistency please!

I hate that New Girl isn't on every week! Its one of the only shows that can give me a real "belly laugh" and I try to record it every week to watch it after work, but its so inconsistent I can't even count on it!! Come on Fox, don't make me give up on your best show ever!
  • Hilarious Comedy Moments

I am English and most of my friends wonder why I prefer American comedy to British, normally this is because it's just funnier and it doesn't end after 6 episodes/2 series. I went into this series with no expectations and although the pilot was strong, it took me at least 6 episodes to decide how much I liked it. I really like Zooey Deschanel but I honestly watch for Nick/Schmidt, these two make the series laugh out loud. Jake Johnson is hilarious at times and has nearly brought me to tears from laughing so hard. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a laugh and is second only to Community.
  • I love it!

On the surface the plots seem quite conventional, but if you analyse the dialogues and behavior of the characters, it is just fantastic! Where else can you find a show, where at least one of the characters behaves strangely in absolutely every single scene? The sometimes subtle, sometimes shrill but always weird way how emotions are expressed is a great achievement by the writers and actors. I also love the fresh ideas almost all episodes have to offer - hopefully they can keep up the good work for a longer period of time, it is definitely one of the top shows for me right now.
  • About this show...

Season 1 was good, but this season 2 had a breakdown. Too much trash increasing and they are having a hard time adding a sixth member of this show to make it balanced.
  • I actually laugh out loud,... How rare is that?

This show belongs to the shelf next to '' friends'' and '' scrubs'' . GREAT SHOW!!
  • LOVE IT

The show is just hilarious. The cast has great chemistry and the show has it's own identity. The first season like "the Office" took a bit for me to get into but it sucked me in. It's just funny. Plain and simple
  • Season2 Episode15

FINALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • are to be congratulated

It's a fantastic series and its characters are amazing, are to be congratulated
  • So Funny!!!!

I love this show!!! Zoey is hilarious as Jess Day.
  • Amazing

what a show one of the best i have seen keep it up...
  • Love it!

I just love this show.

• The definition of cr@p tv

2.5
    Srsly , this show lacks in every domain . Adorkable , from adorable and dork ?

She is none . adorable no . yea nice body but pls girl don't open your moth no more !! for the sake of humanity SHUT UP ! (i have nothing with the actress but the role she is playing is downright Cr@p). A dork ?! . Dorks are the one from big bang . .she has no brainpower whatsoever , no smart lines , nothing about her is dorky.

Blah this show is just the reason TV is bad .
  • Fresh and Funny

The show is fresh and funny due to the amazing cast and witty humor, Jess and Schmidt are my favourites as they carry the show along and the rest of the cast are good too. One of the best new comedies out there.
  • One of the best new comedies out there

Love this show!! Great characters, it's fun and so funny. Ah Schmidt he is the best.
  • Great Show!

It qualifies as one of the great new comedies for me. I love this show mainly due to the interesting characters, their subplots, their jokes(a must for comedies, duh). The chemistry of these actors is great and reflects on the whole show altogether. Zooey is just great on this show. She plays Jess so naturally and so do the other actors.
  • A clever title goes here!

I love this show!
  • Really good show with great characters!

I can understand why this series was such a hit when it premiered: the first few episodes are so fresh, hilarious and addicting, people can't help themselves. Once you start watching New Girl there is no way you will stop, no matter how ridiculous the episodes are afterwards.

This series has an ok premise. It has nothing different or weird that could cause intrigue. When people started talking about how amazing it was, I didn't understand. Then, I watched its trailer and I was sold.

It's not what or why, what matters in New Girl is how. Its premise does sound like something that has been done before, but Zooey Deschanel brings something new to this show. Her character Jess' personality, her dorkyness and craziness, is the true star of this show; what keeps it going and why so many people fell in love with it. She was even nominated for a Primetime Emmy in 2012 for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series. But, what's even better is that her personality is not big enough to outshine the other characters.

My favorite character, overall, is Schmidt, played by Max Greenfield. At first, he seems like your regular womanizer with a funny sparkle. But, he is so much more. This character has so many layers I find it hard to believe it was written for a sitcom. He was a fat and weird kid, and suddenly he's this hot guy who sleeps around. I thought that was it, but turns out he is obsessed with cleaning and cooking; he is a delicate young man with strong feelings and a feminine touch that really suites him. His relationship with Cece was the greatest twist in the whole series, they are perfect for each other, and we got to see Schmidt's sweet side. This character is so amazing that the actor, Greenfield, was nominated for a Primetime Emmy as an Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series in 2012.

New Girl's other characters, Coach, Wilson, Cece and Nick, are good but not as great as the ones already presented. Coach leaves after the first episode due to the actor's contract in another series. Wilson is kind of there and that's it. Nothing really important or noteworthy happens to, or with, him.

Out of these four characters, Cece is the best. She is a gorgeous model and Jess' best friend. Cece really supports Jess, which is why I love her. Halfway through the series, she starts some kind of relationship with Schmidt. Through this means we get to see more about her and what she's like; but not enough.

Nick is the one that has potential. He is depressed guy with self-esteem issues. He dropped out of law school and now works at a bar. He hasn't accomplished anything in his life. This, if properly developed, could be the source of so many funny, yet deep, moments for this series. Besides, a Nick-Jess romantic relationship is definitely in the writers' minds. So, Nick is definitely one to watch.

The characters overall are really good. The jokes are funny. And the first couple of episodes the amazing. But I do have one complain. After the fifth or sixth episode it started to be all about sex. I mean all; all the jokes and stories were based upon it. This may not be a surprise due to the state of TV series nowadays. But, what really upsets me is the drastic change in the series focus and Jess' perception of sex.

At first the series was about a quirky young woman who sings all the time and who had just moved in with three guys. It was about their differences and them learning to live with, and support, one another; about Jess coming out of a six year relationship and trying to move on, and about her job as a school teacher. Sex was always a subtext, but not the main topic.

Later, the series was all about every character's sexual relationships. Jess was the total opposite: having one night stands, working as a shot girl and even backsliding to an ex-boyfriend a few days after she broke up with her boyfriend. She doesn't even sing anymore! At first, her personality made me think she was a dorky, different and special young woman who had an odd way of looking at life; afterwards, she just seemed like a childish grown woman. Maybe I'm judging her wrongly. If the series' writers would've been consistent and gradually made the changes, I would have no problem with that. But they didn't.

Writers of a series should be consistent when writing characters and storylines. That way, viewers won't be confused or surprised. They shouldn't present a series, and its stars, as something different and fresh, and then do what every other series does.

Leaving aside this lack of consistency, I have to say it is a great series. Actually, it is one of my favorites. Like I said, once you start watching it, you're hooked. So, I will keep watching it and posting the reviews here.
  • This show is so Nectar

Schmidt is definitely the real star of the show. Everything he says makes me laugh. Winston, so happy he finally broke up with the most boring girl ever. Jess, I find so relateable (to me) eventhough I think she is an idiot for not being madly in love with Nick. Nick, is that guy that is always there for Jess and I am sorry but I bet most women would say that it would be very difficult to not fall in love with him. Also, screaming at the clown - so far my favorite moment on this show so far.
  • Chutney.

So many fan reviews hinge on whether Zooey Deschanel is funny or not as the unbearably cute 'Jess.' I have one word for all of you: SCHMIDT. I seriously don't think it even matters whether you like Zooey Deschanel or not. The weird polyamourous bromance between the three male leads is hilarious, and Schmidt at his best is like Tom Cruise at his unintentionally deadpan worst: absolutely manic. All he has to do is say "CHUT-en-ey" and I'm gone. The tone of the humour is modern, wry and witty. The reviewer below who compared 'New Girl' to the obscure 'Ned and Stacy' and 'Karen's Song," a sit-com I had never even heard of, is comparing sardonic 21st century wit to the comedies of another era. Humour changes! Keep up. I like Jess, but only ads part of an ensemble cast. She brings out aspects of the guys that we wouldn't see if it was an all-male cast. The male characters are nothing like the cliched masculine archetypes you encounter time and time again in dated sit-coms like 'Everybody Loves Raymond.' Winston, Nick and Schmidt are solid comedic characters, and even Cece is funnier - and smarter - than you might expect, but Schmidt, of all people ON TELEVISION is hands-down the funniest. Somebody get this guy an Emmy.
  • Puke-worthy

The term "meet cute" may work in the genre of rom-com movies, but on TV it rarely succeeds.

New Girl is Fox Network's lamest attempt at a sitcom ever. It features Zooey Deschanel (sister of Emily Deschanel who is on Fox's more intelligent, Bones) as some quirky little chickadee (for lack of a more apropos term) who shares an apartment with 3 guys & that's about all i care to recall about the tissue-thin premise.

I know Fox Network has had a couple of more "mature" romcoms back in its early days such as Ned And Stacey & Karen's Song, but this treacle isn't worthy enough to be called a romcom.

No thanks.
  • HILLARIOUS!!

This is the funniest show i have watched in a very very long time... it is one of those shows that have jokes that are actually funny! and the best part is there is a sense of family and the stupidity isnt stupid its funny and ridiculous in a very very good way :) this show is gonna go places!!
  • cool show just as i like

I was in search for a show which suits me better having a good cool comedy and a bit emotional punch
  • She could do better

Zooey Deschanel has been in so many good movies and I expected a lot from this show, but every episode ends in the same predictable way. A cheesy, cliche ending that doesn't even make sense isn't what I was looking for. New Girl is just a fun tv show for girls, but not real comedy.
  • episodes

when will be the next season?
1 2 3