New Girl

Tuesday 9:00 PM on FOX Premiered Sep 20, 2011 In Season

neomichel

New Girl Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• I actually laugh out loud,... How rare is that?

This show belongs to the shelf next to '' friends'' and '' scrubs'' . GREAT SHOW!!
  • LOVE IT

The show is just hilarious. The cast has great chemistry and the show has it's own identity. The first season like "the Office" took a bit for me to get into but it sucked me in. It's just funny. Plain and simple
  • Season2 Episode15

FINALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • are to be congratulated

It's a fantastic series and its characters are amazing, are to be congratulated
  • So Funny!!!!

I love this show!!! Zoey is hilarious as Jess Day.
  • Amazing

what a show one of the best i have seen keep it up...
  • Love it!

I just love this show.

• Legitimate Link>>>http://tinyurl. com/NewGirl2x13

Legitimate Link>>>http://tinyurl. com/NewGirl2x13

Legitimate Link>>>http://tinyurl. com/NewGirl2x13

(REMOVE SPACE BEFORE .COM)

Jess, Winston and Schmidt watch as Nick plays Feely-Cup
  • The definition of cr@p tv

2.5
    Srsly , this show lacks in every domain . Adorkable , from adorable and dork ?

She is none . adorable no . yea nice body but pls girl don't open your moth no more !! for the sake of humanity SHUT UP ! (i have nothing with the actress but the role she is playing is downright Cr@p). A dork ?! . Dorks are the one from big bang . .she has no brainpower whatsoever , no smart lines , nothing about her is dorky.

Blah this show is just the reason TV is bad .
  • Fresh and Funny

The show is fresh and funny due to the amazing cast and witty humor, Jess and Schmidt are my favourites as they carry the show along and the rest of the cast are good too. One of the best new comedies out there.
  • One of the best new comedies out there

Love this show!! Great characters, it's fun and so funny. Ah Schmidt he is the best.
  • Great Show!

It qualifies as one of the great new comedies for me. I love this show mainly due to the interesting characters, their subplots, their jokes(a must for comedies, duh). The chemistry of these actors is great and reflects on the whole show altogether. Zooey is just great on this show. She plays Jess so naturally and so do the other actors.
  • A clever title goes here!

I love this show!
  • Really good show with great characters!

I can understand why this series was such a hit when it premiered: the first few episodes are so fresh, hilarious and addicting, people can't help themselves. Once you start watching New Girl there is no way you will stop, no matter how ridiculous the episodes are afterwards.

This series has an ok premise. It has nothing different or weird that could cause intrigue. When people started talking about how amazing it was, I didn't understand. Then, I watched its trailer and I was sold.

It's not what or why, what matters in New Girl is how. Its premise does sound like something that has been done before, but Zooey Deschanel brings something new to this show. Her character Jess' personality, her dorkyness and craziness, is the true star of this show; what keeps it going and why so many people fell in love with it. She was even nominated for a Primetime Emmy in 2012 for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series. But, what's even better is that her personality is not big enough to outshine the other characters.

My favorite character, overall, is Schmidt, played by Max Greenfield. At first, he seems like your regular womanizer with a funny sparkle. But, he is so much more. This character has so many layers I find it hard to believe it was written for a sitcom. He was a fat and weird kid, and suddenly he's this hot guy who sleeps around. I thought that was it, but turns out he is obsessed with cleaning and cooking; he is a delicate young man with strong feelings and a feminine touch that really suites him. His relationship with Cece was the greatest twist in the whole series, they are perfect for each other, and we got to see Schmidt's sweet side. This character is so amazing that the actor, Greenfield, was nominated for a Primetime Emmy as an Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series in 2012.

New Girl's other characters, Coach, Wilson, Cece and Nick, are good but not as great as the ones already presented. Coach leaves after the first episode due to the actor's contract in another series. Wilson is kind of there and that's it. Nothing really important or noteworthy happens to, or with, him.

Out of these four characters, Cece is the best. She is a gorgeous model and Jess' best friend. Cece really supports Jess, which is why I love her. Halfway through the series, she starts some kind of relationship with Schmidt. Through this means we get to see more about her and what she's like; but not enough.

Nick is the one that has potential. He is depressed guy with self-esteem issues. He dropped out of law school and now works at a bar. He hasn't accomplished anything in his life. This, if properly developed, could be the source of so many funny, yet deep, moments for this series. Besides, a Nick-Jess romantic relationship is definitely in the writers' minds. So, Nick is definitely one to watch.

The characters overall are really good. The jokes are funny. And the first couple of episodes the amazing. But I do have one complain. After the fifth or sixth episode it started to be all about sex. I mean all; all the jokes and stories were based upon it. This may not be a surprise due to the state of TV series nowadays. But, what really upsets me is the drastic change in the series focus and Jess' perception of sex.

At first the series was about a quirky young woman who sings all the time and who had just moved in with three guys. It was about their differences and them learning to live with, and support, one another; about Jess coming out of a six year relationship and trying to move on, and about her job as a school teacher. Sex was always a subtext, but not the main topic.

Later, the series was all about every character's sexual relationships. Jess was the total opposite: having one night stands, working as a shot girl and even backsliding to an ex-boyfriend a few days after she broke up with her boyfriend. She doesn't even sing anymore! At first, her personality made me think she was a dorky, different and special young woman who had an odd way of looking at life; afterwards, she just seemed like a childish grown woman. Maybe I'm judging her wrongly. If the series' writers would've been consistent and gradually made the changes, I would have no problem with that. But they didn't.

Writers of a series should be consistent when writing characters and storylines. That way, viewers won't be confused or surprised. They shouldn't present a series, and its stars, as something different and fresh, and then do what every other series does.

Leaving aside this lack of consistency, I have to say it is a great series. Actually, it is one of my favorites. Like I said, once you start watching it, you're hooked. So, I will keep watching it and posting the reviews here.
  • This show is so Nectar

Schmidt is definitely the real star of the show. Everything he says makes me laugh. Winston, so happy he finally broke up with the most boring girl ever. Jess, I find so relateable (to me) eventhough I think she is an idiot for not being madly in love with Nick. Nick, is that guy that is always there for Jess and I am sorry but I bet most women would say that it would be very difficult to not fall in love with him. Also, screaming at the clown - so far my favorite moment on this show so far.
  • Chutney.

So many fan reviews hinge on whether Zooey Deschanel is funny or not as the unbearably cute 'Jess.' I have one word for all of you: SCHMIDT. I seriously don't think it even matters whether you like Zooey Deschanel or not. The weird polyamourous bromance between the three male leads is hilarious, and Schmidt at his best is like Tom Cruise at his unintentionally deadpan worst: absolutely manic. All he has to do is say "CHUT-en-ey" and I'm gone. The tone of the humour is modern, wry and witty. The reviewer below who compared 'New Girl' to the obscure 'Ned and Stacy' and 'Karen's Song," a sit-com I had never even heard of, is comparing sardonic 21st century wit to the comedies of another era. Humour changes! Keep up. I like Jess, but only ads part of an ensemble cast. She brings out aspects of the guys that we wouldn't see if it was an all-male cast. The male characters are nothing like the cliched masculine archetypes you encounter time and time again in dated sit-coms like 'Everybody Loves Raymond.' Winston, Nick and Schmidt are solid comedic characters, and even Cece is funnier - and smarter - than you might expect, but Schmidt, of all people ON TELEVISION is hands-down the funniest. Somebody get this guy an Emmy.
  • Puke-worthy

The term "meet cute" may work in the genre of rom-com movies, but on TV it rarely succeeds.

New Girl is Fox Network's lamest attempt at a sitcom ever. It features Zooey Deschanel (sister of Emily Deschanel who is on Fox's more intelligent, Bones) as some quirky little chickadee (for lack of a more apropos term) who shares an apartment with 3 guys & that's about all i care to recall about the tissue-thin premise.

I know Fox Network has had a couple of more "mature" romcoms back in its early days such as Ned And Stacey & Karen's Song, but this treacle isn't worthy enough to be called a romcom.

No thanks.
  • HILLARIOUS!!

This is the funniest show i have watched in a very very long time... it is one of those shows that have jokes that are actually funny! and the best part is there is a sense of family and the stupidity isnt stupid its funny and ridiculous in a very very good way :) this show is gonna go places!!
  • cool show just as i like

I was in search for a show which suits me better having a good cool comedy and a bit emotional punch
  • She could do better

Zooey Deschanel has been in so many good movies and I expected a lot from this show, but every episode ends in the same predictable way. A cheesy, cliche ending that doesn't even make sense isn't what I was looking for. New Girl is just a fun tv show for girls, but not real comedy.
  • episodes

when will be the next season?
  • great

best show out there by far!!!
  • I love it

I love this show. I start wathcing yesterday, and I watched all episode. Jess a little bit annoying for me, when she singing, but she is a cute girl. I hope she getting together with Nick. I can't wait the next season!!:))
  • so funny and lovely!!!!!!!!!

so funny and lovely!!!!!!!!!
  • I love it!

This programme is so funny. I love all of the episodes and I sincerely hope there will be another season. Schmidt has to be the funnies characters in this and Nick and Jess also make the show a fantastic one. Please, please, please bring this back :D
  • not the best

5.5
    new girl is an alright show not the best, its very like dorky and awkward, it can be funny but more silly funny, its just so like different to your average comedy id much prefer 2 broke girls, i do watch new girl occasionally and do laugh but its not a show to be a favorite, zooey plays a very good role though...
  • A woman recovering from a horrible breakup moves in with three guys. What could go wrong?

In my favorite new sitcom of the 2011-2012 TV season, Zooey Deschanel plays Jess Day, the new girl who moves into a loft with three guys after she catches her boyfriend of years cheating in an embarrassing way. "Adorkable" is the perfect word to describe Zooey and her character. Deschanel is my favorite actress and keeps up her excellent work in "New Girl". Her roommates from the second episode are Schmidt, (Max Greenfield) Nick, (Jake Johnson III) and Winston. (Lamorne Morris) They are all incredibly funny in their own unique ways. Schmidt is obsessed with himself and I usually hate people like that but his ways are hilarious. Nick is a bartender who hasn't cared about much since dropping out of law school and is financially troubled. He isn't as funny as he sees the negative side in most things but is great nonetheless. Winston, who first appeared in the second episode, unfortunately doesn't get as much screen time. From what we've seen, he's a great and funny guy as well who is probably the sanest of the roommates. Hannah Simone stars as Cece, Jess's sexy best friend who Schmidt likes and she secretly likes as they continue to try to hide their relationship from their friends. All-in-all, it's a great show, and whoever comes up with their scripts is a freaking genius, as I expect to see this show on air for years to come.
  • Not bad...

But not that good either. Jess gets on my nerves a lot, as she still acts like a child in her late 20s and sings way too often. I still watch every week because Schmidt makes me chuckle, and I like the idea of Nick and Jess getting together.
  • Weardly great...

After my first episode of the New Girl I just felt awkward, Jess "disturbed" me but strangely in a good way so... I realise after the second episode that I was in love with the show !!!

And Schmidt is just so stupidely hilarious !
  • coffee grinder

So your roommate bought top of the line coffee grinder, so you use it for crayon sharpening. I do not tolerate this type of writing on a show, this is stupid, disgusting, and unacceptable. You will not be on the air in my house, and I hope you lose this show. erased, deleted. You have a cute sister, that we all adore, but you are a loser, and you just lost me.

You need to add more ratings, such as OFF THE AIR.
1 2 3