New Girl

Tuesday 9:00 PM on FOX Premiered Sep 20, 2011 In Season

neomichel

New Girl Fan Reviews (78)

• Talking about ego...

Why on earth does ANYTHING revolves around "Jess" i mean if you watch the first season it was really funny and everyone had his/her own weight... but around the second season every character become "stupid" and ALL i mean ALL is about Jessica, cmon u have amazing support actors and this is what turns out??

man, talking about how can ego destroy something.
  • Puke-worthy

The term "meet cute" may work in the genre of rom-com movies, but on TV it rarely succeeds.

New Girl is Fox Network's lamest attempt at a sitcom ever. It features Zooey Deschanel (sister of Emily Deschanel who is on Fox's more intelligent, Bones) as some quirky little chickadee (for lack of a more apropos term) who shares an apartment with 3 guys & that's about all i care to recall about the tissue-thin premise.

I know Fox Network has had a couple of more "mature" romcoms back in its early days such as Ned And Stacey & Karen's Song, but this treacle isn't worthy enough to be called a romcom.

No thanks.
  • coffee grinder

So your roommate bought top of the line coffee grinder, so you use it for crayon sharpening. I do not tolerate this type of writing on a show, this is stupid, disgusting, and unacceptable. You will not be on the air in my house, and I hope you lose this show. erased, deleted. You have a cute sister, that we all adore, but you are a loser, and you just lost me.

You need to add more ratings, such as OFF THE AIR.
  • No soul...

I thought that this show got potential at first. Now I can't stand to watch it for 5 minutes. It's totally disgusting.

And I gotta tell you this, Zooey Deschanel is one of the worst acresses on primetime TV. If you compare How I Met Your Mother or Community which rediscover what comedy is on every new episodes, New Girl is just another crappy comedy featuring a sexy leading actor.
  • Just the kind of sitcoms you would like to spend a lazy evening after a busy day watching.Zooey Deschanel is going to behilarious,as always.She did a really bad job in The recent movies like Your highness and the others,But the trailer and scenes look pr

omising enough to give it a try.I think the other members of the cast will support her well.Alot of people think it will be a flop,but this will be one of a kind venture .Looking forward to the 20th of september.Best of luv k to the show

• Awful. Simply Awful.

When quirky leaps beyond the imaginable, you've lost me.

The characters are apparently (mostly) professionals yet there is no way any people this damaged (they are trying for quirky) could hold down the jobs they portray.

As you can see from the ratings here, you either love this show or you hate it. That's because everything is so BIG, you can't ignore anything or let anything slide. The acting is BIG (bad over-acting), the situations are BIG (You can't be that dumb / naive / horny and hold down a job - anywhere).

When you go for BIG, you get BIG extremes in people's acceptance.
  • Awful. It's as if they took all the little clips that made up the preview commercials, and made a brick wall with them using crap as the mortar.

I should know better. By now, I should know that when I see previews for a new show and I think "That might not be so bad", it's wishful thinking. The clips that make the promos aren't typical of a show, they're the best part, and we viewers so often forget that. And unfortunately, I saw the promo so many times before the pilot aired that when those scenes actually happened, even they had lost their humor.

Zooey is more creepy than funny, and the boys are simply pathetic. I typically like the Deschanel dry delivery, and Zooey's sister uses it to great success in Bones, but here it comes across as emotionless. It's almost like part of Zooey's brain is missing - the part that keeps us from becoming serial killers.

Sad.

• The definition of cr@p tv

2.5
    Srsly , this show lacks in every domain . Adorkable , from adorable and dork ?

She is none . adorable no . yea nice body but pls girl don't open your moth no more !! for the sake of humanity SHUT UP ! (i have nothing with the actress but the role she is playing is downright Cr@p). A dork ?! . Dorks are the one from big bang . .she has no brainpower whatsoever , no smart lines , nothing about her is dorky.

Blah this show is just the reason TV is bad .
  • She could do better

Zooey Deschanel has been in so many good movies and I expected a lot from this show, but every episode ends in the same predictable way. A cheesy, cliche ending that doesn't even make sense isn't what I was looking for. New Girl is just a fun tv show for girls, but not real comedy.
  • I don't really like it...

It just isn't that funny to me. I remember in July there were previews of it on CONSTANTLY on Fox. So, me and my brother watched It. Although I didn't really like it, I thought the "douchebag jar" was pretty clever. :]

Maybe I should give it another chance!
  • Just Bad...

After watching the first few episodes, it's pretty obvious this show isn't meant to be funny. You just have to sit there and cringe at the bad acting and incredibly predictable writing. It's impossible to connect with any of the characters, which is the point of a sitcom. Basically, this show lacks everything it needs to be successful in the long term. Hopefully it gets the axe after the first season, along with Allen Gregory.

• eeemm getting worse by episode

3.5
    This show is becoming less and less funny. Im sick of nick screaming and yelling, he used to be funny. I don't know where the show is heading..
  • same old, same old

When will the writers of these shows dare to be different, it's always the same thing. Boy meets girl, they fall in love for a year and then the inevitable break up happens, it's almost as if they follow a template. I long for the day when a show dares to be different!!! On the plus side I do still find the show funny and enjoyable to watch, but like I said just needs someone to show a bit of backbone and go off the normal sitcom path.
  • Make Abby go away

Sorry, but we think Abby is really dragging "New Girl" down. The show isn't nearly as good with her character as it was before she came on the scene. We worry our favorite sit com will spiral down if she stays in the story. Please, go back to the shows that made "New Girl" such a success. We love all the characters, the interaction-but Abby just doesn't work.
  • About this show...

Season 1 was good, but this season 2 had a breakdown. Too much trash increasing and they are having a hard time adding a sixth member of this show to make it balanced.
  • The plot is boring, but it's funny.

Winston is great.
  • not the best

5.5
    new girl is an alright show not the best, its very like dorky and awkward, it can be funny but more silly funny, its just so like different to your average comedy id much prefer 2 broke girls, i do watch new girl occasionally and do laugh but its not a show to be a favorite, zooey plays a very good role though...
  • This show stars Zooey Deschanel who's character just broke up with her boyfriend & needs a place to live. She moves in with 3 guys from a Craig's list ad.

5.5

This show has some potential but I don't know if I can get passed Zooey's voice! It's nasally & then throw in an annoying whining tone & it drives me crazy! And I'm not a fan of her singing either. She tries too hard to be too cute & again, just annoying! She's a pretty girl with beautiful eyes, if you can get past the thick bangs! She needs to tone it down to be tolerable.

The guys are mostly unknown except for Waymans who unfortunately gets replaced in episode 2 to star in his other show Happy Endings. I did find it endearing that all the guys came to her rescue when she was stood up by a date...for being annoying before the date even started! That was sweet!

Episode 2 they introduce Wayman's replacement who has far less personality. Jess goes to her old place to get her stuff from her ex-boyfriend. Her 3 new amigos come along to back her up. I haven't watched episode 3 yet...I'm debating, worth my time or not?!

• Not as good as it used to be

This show used to be great! It seems that it has gotten "dumber" and more over the top. Winston has become a completely unlikable idiot. Nick used to be a believable law school drop out. He was scared to fail, and dropped out. Now, I cannot believe he was ever in law school. Ever. The first season was fantastic. The second was great. Now, it's hard to watch. It just seems to be "let's find the the most ridiculous situations to get them in and warp whatever character into what we need to create jokes" now.
  • It's pretty hard to comment on a show after only seeing one episode. Usually it takes about 5 episodes for the characters to fully develop but in this case they kind of lay them all out right at thebeginning and they all like each other right before the

end of it.

I really do hope this show gets better after at least 4 more episodes other wise I'll probably give up.

They story could be kind of cool, one goofy girl living with 3 pretty nice guys. And they have some good actors playing those roles, but the humor so far isn't that good. And thosesingingparts, OMG I hope they will skip them in the future. They were too long andawkwardin this first episode.

It actually reminded me of Cougar town; trying to squeeze out some laughter that's hardly there to begin with.

• We Were on a Break!

This show was at its best when it had the sexual tension with nick and jess. Each episode they tested their limits. Now season 3 has them together and its just become boring.

Like the writers in FRIENDS did with breaking up ross and rachel, it gave the shows many funny moments. Sometimes you have to take risks with your characters. Putting Nick and Jess together was too predictable, as a viewer we all wanted it but the way its panned out is just boring. It pains me to say this because Nick and Jess are two of the most charismatic characters in the show.

If the writers want to save this show they need to split them up. It will create some great comedic elements, and allow Nick to be sarcastic cynical nick audiences fell in love with in the first two seasons.

Also Jess's choice of boyfriends in the past were great plot lines . Coach has helped the show somewhat but even his character seems to be holding on for dearly life.

I hope season 4 brings some great ideas into it. Maybe some new characters, celebrity cameos. Or even involve nicks brothers and mother who we had some insight into in season 2 . Maybe introduce Schmit and Winstons families into the mix.
  • UNINTERESTING

I thought last weeks episode was insipid and I wasn't into it. I almost fell asleep just watching it!! The plot was so uninteresting and I think the show isn't as funny and as good as season one is it airing for a third season???
  • Not bad...

But not that good either. Jess gets on my nerves a lot, as she still acts like a child in her late 20s and sings way too often. I still watch every week because Schmidt makes me chuckle, and I like the idea of Nick and Jess getting together.
  • Doesn't quite live up to the hype.

Oh, New Girl isn't a bad show, but it doesn't quite live up to the promo Fox has invested in it, and in all honesty I wouldn't recomend it to any viewer over the age of twenty five. This show is definately geared towards the twenty somethings out there (and I mean specifically the early twenty somethings) but the situations the characters find themselves in are of the type most people have outgrown two or three years out of college. The characters seem well versed in all the current sound bites and have the proper amount of angst you might expect from a bunch of just past college age kids, but this show kind of makes me glad I'm NOT a kid any more. New girl should be a hit with the frathouse crowd I would think.

• Season 3 is disappointing me..

I rated 7 because I loved the first 2 seasons!! I just don't like how they changed the plot. There are so many boring episodes in the new want the old new girl back!
  • nice BUT...

I startted watching the series mainly because I like Zooey Deschanel and it has turned out to be a plesant surprise so far (just started season 2). What annoys me though is that Jess is wearing glasses without lenses and with no explanation on why this is happening. If the character does it for stylish reasons, then she is stupid to have glasses without lenses on them (who does that?). If the makers thought that we wouldn't notice, then they are insulting our intelligence. In any case this is a big minus for me.
  • PALEYFEST 2012

Hey everyone!!!

Some of you may know that there's the PaleyFest this year,starting in March. each day, a new show comes and answer questions. On the 5th of March , NEW GRIL is coming!!!!!!

I know you can't all be at LA to see it. That's why I recommend you to watch it LIVE on Livestream: New Girl on the New Livestream. Live. Redefined.

It'll start at 10pm EST!!! Don't miss it!!!!
  • And there comesZooey Deschanel....to tv!

SO huge fan ofZooey Deschanel, she is a great actor on any movie ive seen of her and she does best comedy, but this show i think over does everything that she is thou.. the goofy, the singer, the dramatic, the big heart.... etc

Also for the other cast roles, why does it every show now days have to have a friend circle that hangs out on a bar? that one of them is a bartender and that there is aprofessionaltrainer and a guy that thinks its the best looking and cocky as hell? hint hint friends with benefits...

Anyways, gonna be honest im only sticking with this forZooey Deschanel her eyes on HD 1080 resolution n on a 65inches tv.. will always get my attention!

• Not the same. Still good.

The show was great until they almost ruined it with Nick and Jess together. They somehow overdid it and now it's still good but not what it was used to be. Somethings missing. Waiting for it to get its mojo back.
  • Noooooo.......

How could they break Nick and Jess up! They were an awesome couple and the conundrums they found themselves in were brilliant. The awkward situations they would face as a couple far out weigh the awkward that will be caused by the break up. Hoping the finale brings happiness!
< 1 2 3