New Girl

Tuesday 9:00 PM on FOX Premiered Sep 20, 2011 Returning September 16th, 2014

neomichel

New Girl Fan Reviews (78)

• The plot is boring, but it's funny.

5.5
    Winston is great.
  • Talking about ego...

Why on earth does ANYTHING revolves around "Jess" i mean if you watch the first season it was really funny and everyone had his/her own weight... but around the second season every character become "stupid" and ALL i mean ALL is about Jessica, cmon u have amazing support actors and this is what turns out??

man, talking about how can ego destroy something.
  • same old, same old

When will the writers of these shows dare to be different, it's always the same thing. Boy meets girl, they fall in love for a year and then the inevitable break up happens, it's almost as if they follow a template. I long for the day when a show dares to be different!!! On the plus side I do still find the show funny and enjoyable to watch, but like I said just needs someone to show a bit of backbone and go off the normal sitcom path.
  • Not as good as it used to be

This show used to be great! It seems that it has gotten "dumber" and more over the top. Winston has become a completely unlikable idiot. Nick used to be a believable law school drop out. He was scared to fail, and dropped out. Now, I cannot believe he was ever in law school. Ever. The first season was fantastic. The second was great. Now, it's hard to watch. It just seems to be "let's find the the most ridiculous situations to get them in and warp whatever character into what we need to create jokes" now.
  • Noooooo.......

How could they break Nick and Jess up! They were an awesome couple and the conundrums they found themselves in were brilliant. The awkward situations they would face as a couple far out weigh the awkward that will be caused by the break up. Hoping the finale brings happiness!
  • We Were on a Break!

This show was at its best when it had the sexual tension with nick and jess. Each episode they tested their limits. Now season 3 has them together and its just become boring.

Like the writers in FRIENDS did with breaking up ross and rachel, it gave the shows many funny moments. Sometimes you have to take risks with your characters. Putting Nick and Jess together was too predictable, as a viewer we all wanted it but the way its panned out is just boring. It pains me to say this because Nick and Jess are two of the most charismatic characters in the show.

If the writers want to save this show they need to split them up. It will create some great comedic elements, and allow Nick to be sarcastic cynical nick audiences fell in love with in the first two seasons.

Also Jess's choice of boyfriends in the past were great plot lines . Coach has helped the show somewhat but even his character seems to be holding on for dearly life.

I hope season 4 brings some great ideas into it. Maybe some new characters, celebrity cameos. Or even involve nicks brothers and mother who we had some insight into in season 2 . Maybe introduce Schmit and Winstons families into the mix.
  • Pet Peeve--Jess' glasses

I like New Girl, but I hate her fake glasses with no lenses that they have her wear so you can see her eyes. It is SO OBVIOUS they are not real glasses.
  • Make Abby go away

Sorry, but we think Abby is really dragging "New Girl" down. The show isn't nearly as good with her character as it was before she came on the scene. We worry our favorite sit com will spiral down if she stays in the story. Please, go back to the shows that made "New Girl" such a success. We love all the characters, the interaction-but Abby just doesn't work.
  • Not the same. Still good.

The show was great until they almost ruined it with Nick and Jess together. They somehow overdid it and now it's still good but not what it was used to be. Somethings missing. Waiting for it to get its mojo back.
  • still entertaining but...

The sitcom actually still fun and hillarious in season 3, but sometimes pointless and it's more like the 'New Girl' stopped and the 'Jess-Nick Things' began. I hope the story can get better as "Prince" episode
  • tap vs pistons

This episode is one of the funniest of the season. I like when Nick and Jess deny the other the sex tap. No vitamin D. It's the war of basketball teams.
  • Season 3 is disappointing me..

I rated 7 because I loved the first 2 seasons!! I just don't like how they changed the plot. There are so many boring episodes in the new want the old new girl back!
  • New Girl = My Happy Place

New Girl is a nice break from all the drama heavy tv shows I watch, and I'm thankful for that. The characters are ridiculous in the best way, and over the top, and the show clearly doesn't take itself too seriously and I think that as a viewer if you don't take the show too seriously, you'll enjoy it as much as I do!
  • Best comedy of the 2000's

Best comedy show of the 2000's. Always laugh every episode. I love Zooey too :)
  • eeemm getting worse by episode

3.5
    This show is becoming less and less funny. Im sick of nick screaming and yelling, he used to be funny. I don't know where the show is heading..
  • check out my review

• AN 8.5 just for zooey,,,

zooey it..
  • UNINTERESTING

I thought last weeks episode was insipid and I wasn't into it. I almost fell asleep just watching it!! The plot was so uninteresting and I think the show isn't as funny and as good as season one is it airing for a third season???
  • Hilarious!

I've fallen in love with this show, and I agree with everyone who said Schmidt is the best character. He is so funny ... almost everything he says cracks me up, and even when he screws up I can't help but love him. I'd say Nick is my second favorite character at the moment, and I love the bromance between Schmidt and Nick. Cece is probably my third favorite because of her relationship with Schmidt. Schmidt/Cece is definitely my favorite relationship on the show. I love Nick/Jess too, but not as much. Winston is sweet and I enjoy his presence on the show and how bad he is at pranks. He has his funny moments. Jess is great too. After Schmidt, Nick, and Cece, I'd probably tie Jess and Winston for fourth. We didn't see enough of Coach for me to rank him, but he was great in the one episode he was in. Overall, great show and all the actors have chemistry!
  • nice BUT...

I startted watching the series mainly because I like Zooey Deschanel and it has turned out to be a plesant surprise so far (just started season 2). What annoys me though is that Jess is wearing glasses without lenses and with no explanation on why this is happening. If the character does it for stylish reasons, then she is stupid to have glasses without lenses on them (who does that?). If the makers thought that we wouldn't notice, then they are insulting our intelligence. In any case this is a big minus for me.
  • hilarious

She is such a freak, it is sooooo funny.
  • New Girl Fashion

Hey everyone! Like Jess' style? Check out to shop her exact looks and more! Also, be sure to visit our facebook page at to keep up with the latest fashion trends featured in your favorite shows!
  • craziest funniest series out ther

best show in the world and super it. amazing script, up to u
  • Laugh Out Loud!

Best show since Friends!
  • The best show on TV

New girl is the best show on TV right now. It's witty humor and emotionally invested plot lines combine to make this the only show I'd never miss an episode of.
  • Consistency please!

I hate that New Girl isn't on every week! Its one of the only shows that can give me a real "belly laugh" and I try to record it every week to watch it after work, but its so inconsistent I can't even count on it!! Come on Fox, don't make me give up on your best show ever!
  • Hilarious Comedy Moments

I am English and most of my friends wonder why I prefer American comedy to British, normally this is because it's just funnier and it doesn't end after 6 episodes/2 series. I went into this series with no expectations and although the pilot was strong, it took me at least 6 episodes to decide how much I liked it. I really like Zooey Deschanel but I honestly watch for Nick/Schmidt, these two make the series laugh out loud. Jake Johnson is hilarious at times and has nearly brought me to tears from laughing so hard. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a laugh and is second only to Community.
  • I love it!

On the surface the plots seem quite conventional, but if you analyse the dialogues and behavior of the characters, it is just fantastic! Where else can you find a show, where at least one of the characters behaves strangely in absolutely every single scene? The sometimes subtle, sometimes shrill but always weird way how emotions are expressed is a great achievement by the writers and actors. I also love the fresh ideas almost all episodes have to offer - hopefully they can keep up the good work for a longer period of time, it is definitely one of the top shows for me right now.
  • About this show...

Season 1 was good, but this season 2 had a breakdown. Too much trash increasing and they are having a hard time adding a sixth member of this show to make it balanced.
  • I actually laugh out loud,... How rare is that?

This show belongs to the shelf next to '' friends'' and '' scrubs'' . GREAT SHOW!!
< 1 2 3