New Girl

Tuesday 9:00 PM on FOX Premiered Sep 20, 2011 Returning September 16th, 2014

neomichel

New Girl Fan Reviews (78)

• The definition of cr@p tv

2.5
    Srsly , this show lacks in every domain . Adorkable , from adorable and dork ?

She is none . adorable no . yea nice body but pls girl don't open your moth no more !! for the sake of humanity SHUT UP ! (i have nothing with the actress but the role she is playing is downright Cr@p). A dork ?! . Dorks are the one from big bang . .she has no brainpower whatsoever , no smart lines , nothing about her is dorky.

Blah this show is just the reason TV is bad .
  • coffee grinder

So your roommate bought top of the line coffee grinder, so you use it for crayon sharpening. I do not tolerate this type of writing on a show, this is stupid, disgusting, and unacceptable. You will not be on the air in my house, and I hope you lose this show. erased, deleted. You have a cute sister, that we all adore, but you are a loser, and you just lost me.

You need to add more ratings, such as OFF THE AIR.
  • Puke-worthy

The term "meet cute" may work in the genre of rom-com movies, but on TV it rarely succeeds.

New Girl is Fox Network's lamest attempt at a sitcom ever. It features Zooey Deschanel (sister of Emily Deschanel who is on Fox's more intelligent, Bones) as some quirky little chickadee (for lack of a more apropos term) who shares an apartment with 3 guys & that's about all i care to recall about the tissue-thin premise.

I know Fox Network has had a couple of more "mature" romcoms back in its early days such as Ned And Stacey & Karen's Song, but this treacle isn't worthy enough to be called a romcom.

No thanks.
  • No soul...

I thought that this show got potential at first. Now I can't stand to watch it for 5 minutes. It's totally disgusting.

And I gotta tell you this, Zooey Deschanel is one of the worst acresses on primetime TV. If you compare How I Met Your Mother or Community which rediscover what comedy is on every new episodes, New Girl is just another crappy comedy featuring a sexy leading actor.
  • Awful. Simply Awful.

When quirky leaps beyond the imaginable, you've lost me.

The characters are apparently (mostly) professionals yet there is no way any people this damaged (they are trying for quirky) could hold down the jobs they portray.

As you can see from the ratings here, you either love this show or you hate it. That's because everything is so BIG, you can't ignore anything or let anything slide. The acting is BIG (bad over-acting), the situations are BIG (You can't be that dumb / naive / horny and hold down a job - anywhere).

When you go for BIG, you get BIG extremes in people's acceptance.
  • Just Bad...

After watching the first few episodes, it's pretty obvious this show isn't meant to be funny. You just have to sit there and cringe at the bad acting and incredibly predictable writing. It's impossible to connect with any of the characters, which is the point of a sitcom. Basically, this show lacks everything it needs to be successful in the long term. Hopefully it gets the axe after the first season, along with Allen Gregory.

• She could do better

Zooey Deschanel has been in so many good movies and I expected a lot from this show, but every episode ends in the same predictable way. A cheesy, cliche ending that doesn't even make sense isn't what I was looking for. New Girl is just a fun tv show for girls, but not real comedy.
  • not the best

5.5
    new girl is an alright show not the best, its very like dorky and awkward, it can be funny but more silly funny, its just so like different to your average comedy id much prefer 2 broke girls, i do watch new girl occasionally and do laugh but its not a show to be a favorite, zooey plays a very good role though...
  • Just the kind of sitcoms you would like to spend a lazy evening after a busy day watching.Zooey Deschanel is going to behilarious,as always.She did a really bad job in The recent movies like Your highness and the others,But the trailer and scenes look pr

omising enough to give it a try.I think the other members of the cast will support her well.Alot of people think it will be a flop,but this will be one of a kind venture .Looking forward to the 20th of september.Best of luv k to the show

• UNINTERESTING

I thought last weeks episode was insipid and I wasn't into it. I almost fell asleep just watching it!! The plot was so uninteresting and I think the show isn't as funny and as good as season one is it airing for a third season???
  • does anyone know the reggae song that was playing during "nicks naked scene"?

Ok so in the fourth episode of the season the one where nick gets naked. I wan to know what was the reggae song paying in the back round that he was dancing to does anyone happen to know or know of a place where i can find that out?

• I don't really like it...

It just isn't that funny to me. I remember in July there were previews of it on CONSTANTLY on Fox. So, me and my brother watched It. Although I didn't really like it, I thought the "douchebag jar" was pretty clever. :]

Maybe I should give it another chance!
  • Doesn't quite live up to the hype.

Oh, New Girl isn't a bad show, but it doesn't quite live up to the promo Fox has invested in it, and in all honesty I wouldn't recomend it to any viewer over the age of twenty five. This show is definately geared towards the twenty somethings out there (and I mean specifically the early twenty somethings) but the situations the characters find themselves in are of the type most people have outgrown two or three years out of college. The characters seem well versed in all the current sound bites and have the proper amount of angst you might expect from a bunch of just past college age kids, but this show kind of makes me glad I'm NOT a kid any more. New girl should be a hit with the frathouse crowd I would think.

• Awful. It's as if they took all the little clips that made up the preview commercials, and made a brick wall with them using crap as the mortar.

I should know better. By now, I should know that when I see previews for a new show and I think "That might not be so bad", it's wishful thinking. The clips that make the promos aren't typical of a show, they're the best part, and we viewers so often forget that. And unfortunately, I saw the promo so many times before the pilot aired that when those scenes actually happened, even they had lost their humor.

Zooey is more creepy than funny, and the boys are simply pathetic. I typically like the Deschanel dry delivery, and Zooey's sister uses it to great success in Bones, but here it comes across as emotionless. It's almost like part of Zooey's brain is missing - the part that keeps us from becoming serial killers.

Sad.

• Not bad...

But not that good either. Jess gets on my nerves a lot, as she still acts like a child in her late 20s and sings way too often. I still watch every week because Schmidt makes me chuckle, and I like the idea of Nick and Jess getting together.
  • About this show...

Season 1 was good, but this season 2 had a breakdown. Too much trash increasing and they are having a hard time adding a sixth member of this show to make it balanced.
  • This show stars Zooey Deschanel who's character just broke up with her boyfriend & needs a place to live. She moves in with 3 guys from a Craig's list ad.

5.5

This show has some potential but I don't know if I can get passed Zooey's voice! It's nasally & then throw in an annoying whining tone & it drives me crazy! And I'm not a fan of her singing either. She tries too hard to be too cute & again, just annoying! She's a pretty girl with beautiful eyes, if you can get past the thick bangs! She needs to tone it down to be tolerable.

The guys are mostly unknown except for Waymans who unfortunately gets replaced in episode 2 to star in his other show Happy Endings. I did find it endearing that all the guys came to her rescue when she was stood up by a date...for being annoying before the date even started! That was sweet!

Episode 2 they introduce Wayman's replacement who has far less personality. Jess goes to her old place to get her stuff from her ex-boyfriend. Her 3 new amigos come along to back her up. I haven't watched episode 3 yet...I'm debating, worth my time or not?!

• Noooooo.......

How could they break Nick and Jess up! They were an awesome couple and the conundrums they found themselves in were brilliant. The awkward situations they would face as a couple far out weigh the awkward that will be caused by the break up. Hoping the finale brings happiness!
  • A clever title goes here!

I love this show!
  • episodes

when will be the next season?
  • We Were on a Break!

This show was at its best when it had the sexual tension with nick and jess. Each episode they tested their limits. Now season 3 has them together and its just become boring.

Like the writers in FRIENDS did with breaking up ross and rachel, it gave the shows many funny moments. Sometimes you have to take risks with your characters. Putting Nick and Jess together was too predictable, as a viewer we all wanted it but the way its panned out is just boring. It pains me to say this because Nick and Jess are two of the most charismatic characters in the show.

If the writers want to save this show they need to split them up. It will create some great comedic elements, and allow Nick to be sarcastic cynical nick audiences fell in love with in the first two seasons.

Also Jess's choice of boyfriends in the past were great plot lines . Coach has helped the show somewhat but even his character seems to be holding on for dearly life.

I hope season 4 brings some great ideas into it. Maybe some new characters, celebrity cameos. Or even involve nicks brothers and mother who we had some insight into in season 2 . Maybe introduce Schmit and Winstons families into the mix.
  • eeemm getting worse by episode

3.5
    This show is becoming less and less funny. Im sick of nick screaming and yelling, he used to be funny. I don't know where the show is heading..
  • Season 3 is disappointing me..

I rated 7 because I loved the first 2 seasons!! I just don't like how they changed the plot. There are so many boring episodes in the new want the old new girl back!
  • PALEYFEST 2012

Hey everyone!!!

Some of you may know that there's the PaleyFest this year,starting in March. each day, a new show comes and answer questions. On the 5th of March , NEW GRIL is coming!!!!!!

I know you can't all be at LA to see it. That's why I recommend you to watch it LIVE on Livestream: New Girl on the New Livestream. Live. Redefined.

It'll start at 10pm EST!!! Don't miss it!!!!
  • And there comesZooey Deschanel....to tv!

SO huge fan ofZooey Deschanel, she is a great actor on any movie ive seen of her and she does best comedy, but this show i think over does everything that she is thou.. the goofy, the singer, the dramatic, the big heart.... etc

Also for the other cast roles, why does it every show now days have to have a friend circle that hangs out on a bar? that one of them is a bartender and that there is aprofessionaltrainer and a guy that thinks its the best looking and cocky as hell? hint hint friends with benefits...

Anyways, gonna be honest im only sticking with this forZooey Deschanel her eyes on HD 1080 resolution n on a 65inches tv.. will always get my attention!

• Pet Peeve--Jess' glasses

I like New Girl, but I hate her fake glasses with no lenses that they have her wear so you can see her eyes. It is SO OBVIOUS they are not real glasses.
  • still entertaining but...

The sitcom actually still fun and hillarious in season 3, but sometimes pointless and it's more like the 'New Girl' stopped and the 'Jess-Nick Things' began. I hope the story can get better as "Prince" episode
  • check out my review

• AN 8.5 just for zooey,,,

zooey it..
  • tap vs pistons

This episode is one of the funniest of the season. I like when Nick and Jess deny the other the sex tap. No vitamin D. It's the war of basketball teams.
< 1 2 3