New Girl

Valentine's Day

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Feb 14, 2012 on FOX

• new girl valentines day

jess wants to have a one night stand but she keeps getting interrupted yet this was another funny one i liked it when nick's friend said i'ed hit that about nick's girlfriend and then he felt awkward after that and when jess met that guy and saying they both like lunch and having a full conversation about it that was really funny another good episode
  • Valentine's Day Review #11

Jess convinces Schmidt to help her land a stranger on her first Valentine's day without a date. Nick spends more time with Julie's Assistant than Julie, ruining his special day plans. I thought that this was a superb Valentine's Day episode of "New Girl". Not the best holiday episode ever as the Thanksgiving and Christmas episode are much more funnier and better than this one. Anyways, I really liked this episode but my score is a little low because some of the things that happened in this episode were just stupid and they didn't even make sense. Like seriously, whenever nothing good goes on... a couple just starts to make out crazy. I also thought the very ending of the episode to be stupid and it gives me the "what the hell?" moment. There were some funny parts in this episode such as Jess kicking out Schmidt from this random dudes' house, Schmidt's tires being stolen, Nick having a talk with Julia's assistant and making him quit on Valentine's Day, Nick freaking out seeing Jess have like 100 condoms and then he thinks that she was with Schmidt near the end of the episode, and a few more. So yeah, it could've been a little better and some the scenes were stupid and didn't even make sense but I still liked this episode. Overall, a superb Valentine's Day episode of "New Girl". 9/10
  • Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was a perfect episode and one of the best so far from New Girl. I really enjoyed watching this episode because it was hilarious, great guest stars, and intriguing character development happened throughout. This really made my Valentines Day! I loved when Jess was at Oliver's house and his ex was there, Cece just showed up and Schmidt jumps through the window where he was watching from apparently after some youths stole his wheels, literally! Nick had some great scenes with Julia and her assistant. The ending was awesome, and I think brings the show to a greater level of character depth. I look forward to watching more episodes!!!!!!!!!
  • Jess wants to have a one-night stand but havoc breaks out in a stranger's home.

Jess goes out with Schmidt on her first Valentine's Day as a single woman in half a dozen years. She wants to have a one-night stand for the first time so she does the honors by buying a box of a hundred condoms. Schmidt obviously doesn't approve of Jess doing this and doesn't want her getting hurt, but with Cici unavailable, he wants Jess. I sort of like them as a couple, and I was glad Jess didn't hook up with a stranger, who is still living with his ex-girlfriend. However, him and Cici have sex that night, the same time Jess once thought about having sex with him. I was kind of disappointed, but the series has plenty of time to let everyone's relationships develop. Nick's subplot wasn't that interesting, as Julia's busy schedule kept them away from each other but got Nick close to her assistant, which was decently funny. Winston played a small role, unfortunately with another C plot. He had what, three scenes? Sad, I've liked Winston so far. Hope we can see more of him soon. But overall, good inaugural Valentine's Day episode of New Girl.
FOX