New Girl

Valentine's Day

Aired Tuesday 8:30 PM Feb 14, 2012 on FOX

• Jess wants to have a one-night stand but havoc breaks out in a stranger's home.

Jess goes out with Schmidt on her first Valentine's Day as a single woman in half a dozen years. She wants to have a one-night stand for the first time so she does the honors by buying a box of a hundred condoms. Schmidt obviously doesn't approve of Jess doing this and doesn't want her getting hurt, but with Cici unavailable, he wants Jess. I sort of like them as a couple, and I was glad Jess didn't hook up with a stranger, who is still living with his ex-girlfriend. However, him and Cici have sex that night, the same time Jess once thought about having sex with him. I was kind of disappointed, but the series has plenty of time to let everyone's relationships develop. Nick's subplot wasn't that interesting, as Julia's busy schedule kept them away from each other but got Nick close to her assistant, which was decently funny. Winston played a small role, unfortunately with another C plot. He had what, three scenes? Sad, I've liked Winston so far. Hope we can see more of him soon. But overall, good inaugural Valentine's Day episode of New Girl.