New Girl

Wedding

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 04, 2011 on FOX

• the series really starts to come into its own

Funny! The end dance really is pretty great. And it really captures what weddings are about at this juncture - where you're supposed to celebrate someone else's life, but you can't stop focusing on your own stupid life. Put on short list for teenagers to watch.
  • A little boring in some parts but funny for the most part

The guys are invited to a wedding and Nick, fearing to run into his ex, asks Jess to be his date to the wedding. Meanwhile, Winston takes his role as an usher too seriously and gets competitive on the dance floor. Schmidt catches the eye of a lady and also of his frenemy Gretchen, whom he sleeps with at every wedding reception. I thought that this was a superb episode of "New Girl". My score was only a little low because some parts were a little boring. This episode was funny for the most part though. I can definitely see why this is the #1 show on FOX because it's funny and Zooey Deschanel really does shine as the dorky but also very kind and pretty Jess. There were so many parts that really did make me laugh very hard. The funniest part is definitely when Jess puts on her dorky teeth and the guys take away her teeth because they don't want Jess to act dorky and embarrassing at the wedding. The ending with Jess and the guys doing the chicken dance was funny and cute as well. Overall, a superb episode of "New Girl" that anyone who is a fan of this show will definitely get a good laugh or if you are a Zooey Deschanel fan then this could be your other reason to watch this show as well. 9/10

• Wedding

Wedding was a superb and very entertaining episode of New Girl and I really enjoyed watching the episode because the writing was brilliant, the character interaction was pure chemistry, and there were plenty of laughs as well as touching moments. This was a fun yet some what serious episode as Nick was going through some things and the other characters each had their own fair share. It was great watching Jess mix it up and add a bit of Chaos to the scenarios. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!

• At last an episode which is funny.

When i saw the pilot and episode two i was ready to give up on the series but this episode was good and i think im gonna stick to the show it is funny i think the cast has some chemistry between them and i want to see where this show takes us. Now this show is about a girl living in an apartment with three boys and they are starting to be friends but who knows where will it go next i think they should do something good because most of the cast is good except Schmidt i really dont like that guy i think his character is not funny and so boring. I think that Jess and Nick will be dating because they have chemistry and both of them are heartbroken by their exes and they have so much in common.

• Best episode of the show yet.

I think this is the episode that has me convinced that New Girl will be a show worth following. Sure, Zooey Deschanel was still going slightly insane throughout the episode and the format was incredibly familiar (the first two episodes followed formats similar to this). That doesn't change the fact that this was a hilarious episode of the show, and would be funny if it was any other show as well.

What makes the episode work so well is that every character got something to do and it wasn't just the Zooey Deschanel show. Schmidt (who I've been a bit rough on) was great here as a man going for one woman and finding himself roped back in by another, a woman named Gretchen who he always hooks up with at weddings. Nick, meanwhile, uses Jess as his date to the wedding to make his ex, Caroline, jealous. And Winston (I believe that's his name) is an usher at the wedding and has to compete with a little kid. He has the least interesting plot, but at least they built his character up a bit and made him a little different than Coach, who I thought was hilarious.

Nick was also great in the episode as a drunken heartbroken guy. Whenever he gets drunk over Caroline, he does ridiculous things. It's also interesting the way everybody (except Winston) seemed willing to blame Jess on their own problems. I guess that's what happens when you try tosuppress Jess.

Overall, the episode was fantastic though. There was some rough spots, but for the most part, it showed me how much potential the show has. And we're only three episodes in!