New York Undercover Forums

FOX (ended 1998)

the reason why this show ended, explained by Mr D. Wolf

Diogo22

[1]Sep 12, 2006
    • level: 15
    if you watch his Archive of TV interview in Google video, he says that the actors tried to pull a "friends" on a show that was merely a mild hit, and so the network didn't see any reason to reward a couple of minority actors, who didn't show up for work, and made their contractual disputes on the Post front page
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GSU2004

[2]Sep 12, 2006
    • level: 9
    Diogo22 wrote:
    if you watch his Archive of TV interview in Google video, he says that the actors tried to pull a "friends" on a show that was merely a mild hit, and so the network didn't see any reason to reward a couple of minority actors, who didn't show up for work, and made their contractual disputes on the Post front page

WOW!  It is so much more to this, its unbelievable.  I remember the interview Malik Yoba giving an interview on V103 and while he thought the changes would be good for the show, he was against them.  He was saying how the formula worked for three seasons and now Fox wants to switch gears on us to cater to a different demographic.  He stated that the fourth season would probably be the last season of the show and unfortunately he was right.  I think E needs to do a behind the scenes of New York Undercover and put everything to light.

SupermanNYC

[3]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 45
    Diogo22 wrote:
    He said that.

MC_White

[4]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 2
    Wow, just saw this post before my other post. I don't know, but it seems like the "negotiated salary" issue was overblown at the time. I do remember it being compared to "Friends" when it happened. Good times!