New York Undercover Forums

FOX (ended 1998)

Will Ny Undercover Ever be released on dvd?

Spectral_Snake

[1]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 2
    Will it ever be realeased on dvd the show as ended for 8 years now will it ever make it to dvd the entire series?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

morasangels

[2]Dec 10, 2006
    • level: 8
    Spectral_Snake wrote:
    Will it ever be realeased on dvd the show as ended for 8 years now will it ever make it to dvd the entire series?

Who knows it was rumoured becouse of the music that was performed on there makes it hard to get it licensed so they can put it on DVD.

MC_White

[3]Aug 20, 2007
    I would say, the music rumor is the most accurate reason why this would take a long time to come out on DVD.

Hiphopshopx

[4]Mar 21, 2008
    • level: 8
    CHECK THIS:

http://www.dvdavenue.tv/movie/action/New_York_Undercover.html

nuri_hadia

[5]Feb 6, 2009
    that dvd set has been around for awhile, but i'm so wary to buy them, don't know what the quality is like. the licensing of all the songs breaks my heart, because i would buy all 4 seasons in a heartbeat. but i definitely understand why it's taking so long. i'm still waiting for the day, hopefully it'll come eventually.

Just_Jos

[6]Sep 9, 2011
    • level: 11

Music licensing is obviously the reason why the show has not been released on official legit DVDs. I have been watching a couple a of episodes on TV One lately (I used to watch this show a lot when I was a little kid) and the use of music from other music artists is truly abundant along with the musical performances from artists guest starring. Because this is the case, the series unfortunately will NEVER be released on DVD. It's not like "Miami Vice" (a show that "New York Undercover" was obviously modeled after), where music also played a huge part, but "MV" has a much BIGGER fan base and Universal and Michael Mann were willing to shell out money to the respective artists for "MV" to be released on DVD with all of its music intact. It seems like Dick Wolf doesn't even care for this show anymore which why he doesn't want to put out any money for a DVD release.