Newhart Forums

CBS (ended 1990)

Can anybody help me with the name of an episode?

Miracleman1

[1]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 8

I have a vague memory of an episode that I saw once, and only once, as a kid. The episode featured Larry, Daryl & Daryl fairly prominently. I remember that for some reason, Dick went over to LD&D's house for what I believe was the first time in the history of the series. When Dick got there, instead of finding a rundown shack as you might imagine. LD&D where living in a rather opulent mansion-like home. As Dick entered, he saw one (or possibly both) Daryl(s) sitting behind a Grand Piano playing some classical piece.

Unfortunately, that's all I can remember of the episode. I'm sorry that I can't give you any more to go on here. Hopefully though, somebody will know what I'm talking about.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bluebird1111

[2]Dec 14, 2007
    • level: 5

That would be Episode 65, The Prodigal Darryl aired 5/6/85. (Season Three)

Larry, Darryl and Darryl win $30,000 in a jingle contest. Darryl (Face) becomes materialistic and eases on down the road to ruin. Dick pays a visit to assist Larry in trying to talk some sense into Face. Meanwhile, Joanna goes all out to stage a Christmas photo in May; sweaters, carols, tree, and George in a Santa suit.

This episode was released with Season One's "No Room at the Inn" as a holiday VHS through MTM Home Video.

Miracleman1

[3]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 8

That definitely sounds like the episode that I'm looking for.

Thank you very much for the reply.