Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica Forums

MTV - Music Television (ended 2005)

Is Getting A New Reality Show On Mtv Trouble For Celeb Couples?

Mtv67mike

[1]Aug 9, 2006
    • level: 2
    Think About It!Nick and Jessica over! Dave and Carmen Over! Travis and Shannon over! So Getting A Tv Show On Mtv A Curse? I Call It The Mtv Couple Curse!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvdramamaster

[2]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 5
    Mtv is offically the place where a relationship is shot to hell. If a celeb-based couple tv show is brought on chances are that the couple will eventually divorce.

mischief_555

[3]Aug 29, 2006
    • level: 3
    I have heard it said that the first few years are the toughest for married couples. And I believe that saying is true. Nick and Jessica were not exactly the sharpest tools in the tool box when it came to making the decision to allow MTV to film their first few years as a married couple, since married life is stressful enough WITHOUT having a camera crew up in your business 24/7.

I believe that their competing careers also had something to do with their divorce. Quite frankly, if I were in Jessica's shoes, I would have sacrificed my career and fame for the sake of my marriage. As a Christian, she knows what the Bible has to say about how seriously God takes marriage and how much He despises divorce. If she was not prepared to put Nick and their marriage ahead of her career, then she should not have married him when she did.

Now, I'm not saying that Nick is not to blame here, since it takes two people to break up a marriage. But I am saying that there is a reason why God commands the wife to be submissive to her husband. She was created to be his help-meet, partner, companion, friend, advisor, and everything else that is involved with being a wife. And if Nick even ONCE expressed concern about her career interfering with their marriage, she had a moral obligation (both as a daughter of God and as Nick's wife) to submit to him and say, "I choose to put you before my career, because I love you and I want our marriage to last."

I know this point of view flies in the face of "women's liberation." But the truth is, women were created to be men's helpers, and it is an HONORABLE role to fill. There is nothing shameful in supporting, taking care of, encouraging, helping, and loving the one who has vowed to protect you and work hard to provide for your needs. And to deny that role and put it down, as though it's something to be ashamed of, is REALLY what's degrading to the female population, because it spits on the very role that God designed us to fill.

Serenityblu

[4]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 5
    mischief_555 wrote:
    I have heard it said that the first few years are the toughest for married couples. And I believe that saying is true. Nick and Jessica were not exactly the sharpest tools in the tool box when it came to making the decision to allow MTV to film their first few years as a married couple, since married life is stressful enough WITHOUT having a camera crew up in your business 24/7.

I believe that their competing careers also had something to do with their divorce. Quite frankly, if I were in Jessica's shoes, I would have sacrificed my career and fame for the sake of my marriage. As a Christian, she knows what the Bible has to say about how seriously God takes marriage and how much He despises divorce. If she was not prepared to put Nick and their marriage ahead of her career, then she should not have married him when she did.

Now, I'm not saying that Nick is not to blame here, since it takes two people to break up a marriage. But I am saying that there is a reason why God commands the wife to be submissive to her husband. She was created to be his help-meet, partner, companion, friend, advisor, and everything else that is involved with being a wife. And if Nick even ONCE expressed concern about her career interfering with their marriage, she had a moral obligation (both as a daughter of God and as Nick's wife) to submit to him and say, "I choose to put you before my career, because I love you and I want our marriage to last."

I know this point of view flies in the face of "women's liberation." But the truth is, women were created to be men's helpers, and it is an HONORABLE role to fill. There is nothing shameful in supporting, taking care of, encouraging, helping, and loving the one who has vowed to protect you and work hard to provide for your needs. And to deny that role and put it down, as though it's something to be ashamed of, is REALLY what's degrading to the female population, because it spits on the very role that God designed us to fill.
    I'm sorry but I don't think once a women gets married that she automaticaly has to give up everything she has worked hard for just please her husband. I think it should be equal.