NewsRadio

Bill's Autobiography

Aired Tuesday 8:30 PM Nov 21, 1995 on NBC

• Watching this really makes me miss Phil Hartman.

Every episode makes me laugh so hard that my side hurts and this one is no exception. Bill is writing an autobiography and he has to get it cleared by Dave. Of course since we all know that people in relationships tell the significant other everything Dave tells Lisa about the impending book deal and she mentions something to the rest of the staff. This causes quite a commotion and tons of laughs to follow. Since the whole office knows about the book it makes it hard for Bill to write anything. Some of the funniest parts are when Matthew tries to remember something that was just said. His short term memory must be pretty bad. Jimmy also has a really funny part when he gets rid of a life size poster of Bill by breaking it in half over his knee so Bill doesn’t see it and get depressed again but Bill was standing there the whole time. You would think that Bill would have a lot to write about but it turns out all he did in the earlier years of his life was drink and his “big break” into radio was really just his aunt getting him a job at her radio station. This is a really wonderful episode, full of great jokes and plenty of laughs.