NewsRadio Forums

NBC (ended 1999)

Andy D1ck(word not allowed)/Jon Lovitz brawl

topoopon

[1]Jul 17, 2007
    • level: 19

Did anyone hear the news that Dick and Lovitz got in a fight over the late Phil Hartmann? Supposedly Dick said something insensitive about Phil, and Lovitz shoved him.

Lovitz blames Andy Dick for reintroducing Phil's wife Brynn to coke, after she's been clean for years. After she went back to her addiction, they were all dead months later.

Edited on 07/17/2007 10:22pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Angelwomyn

[2]Jul 18, 2007
    • level: 65
    Andy has a history of aggressive behavior and well-documented substance abuse problems. He bit a New York Post reporter on the hand last year!
    Edited on 07/18/2007 6:40pm

tubalcane420

[3]Jul 20, 2007
    • level: 18
    Awesome story. I had heard stuff about Jon Lovitz and Andy D|ck not getting along, and it was hinted at on the season five commentary. Andy whispers something Lovitz called him into Paul Simms' ear, to which Simms got a bit shocked. I assumed what Andy whispered was "f@gg0t" or something like that.

Bucephelus

[4]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 4
    yes also like a year before Andy saw Lovitz, at a cafe, and told him he was putting the "Phil Hartman Curse" on him and he would be the next to die. Lovitz said "What?" and Andy repeated it. The night at the club Lovitz wanted an apology Andy didn't give it to him, so Lovitz hit him apparently knocking him around real good and pinning him against the bar. It appears Lovitz as you stated also had some issues with Andy and believes he gave Brynn drugs at a party and therefore assigns him some of the blame for Hartman's death. If that is true and I usually do not advocate violence, but BRAVO Jon Lovitz!!!
    Edited on 08/02/2007 10:03am
    Edited 2 total times.

The1Factotum1i1

[5]Aug 3, 2007
    • level: 13

For all of Dick's on the mark, perfect portrayal of the spaced-out freaky Mathew character, it was funny and made the seriesrun beautifully. A huge amout of the show's time was thrown over to his wierd behaviour and how it was dealt with. And that was only right because it worked. But now, eight years on, Andy Dick is a mess. Maybe he always was, but he could control himself while he was a big part of a prime-time programme and in the 1990's was considered an up-and-coming new talent.

Now he's a c-list demi-celebrity that will never be part of anything so good again and he knows it. He craves that attention he once was exposed to and the only way anyone will give him a second look is if he acts outrageous and offensive. He'll have a few more of these episodes, and before you know it, he won't be heard of again at all. I'm not saying that he'll die, not especially, any way, I mean he'll be too much bother to be invited to a Hollywood anything at all. Obviously he's a coke consumer and not a supplier, and he takes press time away from the other, working celebrities.

mp34mp

[6]Feb 15, 2008
    • level: 16
    Wow, I didn't know Andy Dick did or said those things. He truly is a piece of ****. Maybe some justice will happen and he'll o.d. one of these days.

mrjimmyjames

[7]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 7

After finding out about this, it's unbelievable that they were even able to work together on one season of the show, after Phil's death. I'd love to find out about what the atmosphere was like on the set that last year.