NewsRadio Forums

NBC (ended 1999)

"jumper" commentary

stevedave27

[1]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 1
        at the end of the episode, everyone starts talking about they're least favorite guest star - but they bleep out who is was and what show he was on.  does anyone know who they were talking about?  i'm kind of guessing that it was that 3rd Rock dude, but i'm really not sure.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

casalinga

[2]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 3
    frech stewart? i don't think that's who it is. on the commentary for the episode he was on, everyone was going on about how much they loved him. my only guess is bob costas from the awards show ep in season 3, but i really have no idea. i want to know so badly!

tubalcane420

[3]Oct 26, 2006
    • level: 18
    It could be Patrick Warburton from Family Guy.  Did Walt ever go on to be somebody from some show?  He was probably the worst guest.  No personality whatsoever.

VM1138

[4]Oct 27, 2006
    • level: 6
    Who would've been promoting a new sitcom around that time? They mentioned they thought he was just on for that reason and not out of any respect for the show. Claimed he was appearing on as many shows as possible.

Can anyone remember anyone who was a prolific guest star back then and was probably promoting a new show?

tubalcane420

[5]Oct 29, 2006
    George Hamilton.  That was definitely one of the weaker episodes.

FullOfLies

[6]Dec 29, 2007
    • level: 1
    i was really hoping that this topic was going to instead discuss how poor the commentary on this episode was, alas it isn't. i mean really, they (simms and the rest of the selfcongratulating writers) call up random cast members, in this case maura tierney, to get their take on the show. she doesn't even remember the episode and the rest of the comentators go off on unrelated tangents for the other 15 minutes. seriously, did they do all the comentary over a weekend? i had even heard that the commentary was part of the serious delay for a few season's dvds, obviously not.

tubalcane420

[7]Jan 16, 2008

It wasn't great, but it did have Maura doing an impression of director Tom Cherones saying "Dave doesn't like his HWig".

And don't knock going off-topic. One of the best commentaries was just Paul Simms and Andy Dick. Andy talks about the trailers in his front yard that fill up with scummy "friends", getting pelted with rocks at Woodstock 99, and his collection of beer cans. I want DVD commentaries to be about the episodes as much as I want a Newsradio to be about the operation of a radio station.

I loved hearing that the writers were excited to see the "Doom" movie and applauded whenever a new weapon was revealed. I'm not writing a report on these people. I just want to know what they and their lives are like.