NewsRadio Forums

NBC (ended 1999)

NewsRadio makes the cut in Entertainment Weekly

pursuedbybear

[1]Jun 29, 2008
    • level: 28

Those of you who have picked up the new issue of Entertainment Weekly will have already noticed that the magazine has marked its 25th anniversary by creating top 100 lists for a variety of media covering the years of its publication. In other words; choosing the top 100 in each category over the last 25 years.

And it's great to see that NewsRadio has been remembered.

It placed #72 which ranks it over such shows as King of the Hill, Murphy Brown, Prime Suspect, Deadwood, Malcolm in the Middle, Married... With Children and Dave Foley's other show The Kids in the Hall. But it also placed behind Baywatch, thirtysomething, American Idol and The Real World. If you don't get the magazine, you can check out the entire list on the EW website.

So what do you think? Has it placed too high? Too low? Or just about right?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

VM1138

[2]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 6
    I'd say too low simply because reality shows are annoying and shouldn't count.

pbundschuh

[3]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 2
    I am surprised it placed lower than Murphy Brown. I was not a fan of that show, but it used to be very popular. I would say mid 70's is about right. It would have been interesting to see where it would have ranked if Phil had not been murdered.