NewsRadio Forums

NBC (ended 1999)

Question about the episode"s length

ymike673

[1]Sep 1, 2006
    • level: 11
    I missed this show when it was on NBC and I have recently started watching the first season DVD and I was wondering if these are complete uncut episodes. So far the episodes I have watched have been about 22 min. long and that seems a little short for a 1995 sit com.. I know when 3rd Rock From The Sun was released on DVD the syndicated, cut versions were used. I am really enjoying the show and I am just wondering if I am seeing the complete episodes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SteelBridge

[2]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 3
    what season DVD are you talking about? They are supposed to be uncut from what Paul Simms said, well, except for Injury.

ymike673

[3]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 11

SteelBridge wrote:
    what season DVD are you talking about? They are supposed to be uncut from what Paul Simms said, well, except for Injury.

The season 1 & 2 DVD Box set. .

SteelBridge

[4]Sep 5, 2006
    • level: 3
    Yeah, there is roughly a minute and a half to two minutes more to each episode compared to the original airings or syndication runs. It's interesting to see the edited versions with the uncut ones from the DVD. What ends up happening is that they usually cut some of Khandi's (another reason I don't blame her for leaving) and/or Vicki's (also a reason I don't blame her for being upset about her scenes) parts, some of their dialogue or actual scenes altogether.

So yes, you are watching the complete episodes. As I said though, "Injury" is the only exception. The one on the DVDs has two parts missing that I know of: when Dave says to Bill "Per penis and Bill at the end of that same scene saying back to him as he walks away, calling him Penis The whole penis thing was the problem with the censors and NBC. Wasn't it nice that they let Mad About You use that same word a gazillion times in that same season though? I'm still bitter to this day at the way NR was treated by the network!