NewsRadio

NBC (ended 1999)

Carolee99

NewsRadio Fan Reviews (40)

• The crazy life of a radio station

This show is one of my favorites. The humor wasn't that original in a way but the characters were so well writen and acted that they were part of the humor. Everything they said sounded just right from their mouths.

And Phill Hartman. God, he was one of the greatest comedians i know. Playing Bill McNeal was one of the greatest moments to him at least I see it like that. He is the number one cynic character on tv. I still quote many his likes like "there comes a time in every friendship when you have to say, I never liked you, get lost, "Let me tell you what I told my brother last Thanksgiving: give me my money back!" or lately when I smoked too much and the morning after went to the bathroom: "It smells like an ashtray when I pee?" Those moments with him are the greatest.

The second greatest comedian on this show was Andy Dick whos physical comedy was something so funny I haven't seen after the silent films. The other character like the MacGyver like Joe Garelli or the true capitalist(in a satire way)Jimmy James were great. But I have to say that Phil Hartman was the driving force of the show.

The episodes were often great and I don't know a bad episode on this show. The problem was that it ended too soon. I can understand that. Rest in peace Phil... Jon Lovitz did as good job he could but it was a hard job and it was the best to call it a day. The last seasons were funny enough with the fact that they did actualy anymore any work. The radio station was merely just a place to express the characters. I deeply recommend this one!