NewsRadio

The Crisis

Aired Tuesday 8:30 PM Apr 11, 1995 on NBC

• Who cares about a train derailment when there's a new desk to create jealousy?

My favorite scene is the one where Bill comes into Dave's office and Dave tries to make him leave and Bill asks if this is all part of a complex plan. So Dave gets very sarcastic and starts saying, yes, he firebombed the subway train as part of a plot against Bill. But he forgets that he has a Transit Commission official on the phone, who then starts yelling at him. Oops! Also, it's not the most original line in television but I still thought it was funny when Dave said, "I understand that you have to put me on hold, but I was already on hold before you put me on hold..." This has probably happened to everyone at some point.
  • There is a major nes story involving a subway and more importantly Matthew gets a new desk.

What I always love about this show and all the other good sticoms like Seinfeld and Arrested Development is that the majority of the characters are completely superficial and have their prioties completely messed up. For example. In this episode there is a major crisi going on in NY and the only thing everyone (except Lisa) can think about is Matthews new desk and their anger at Dave because of it.

Two more notes on this episode I thnk that it s just disgusting that Mr. James is always eating in the bathroom, I have a huge problem with that. Also I really start to wonder sometimes how Matthew got or even kept his job since he is utterly useless and very annoying. Oh well that;s the comedy in it I guess.